OneLegacy Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
poor management
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2017
Poor leadership team with no appreciation for staff who are the heartbeat of the organization. Great benefits and the pay is good but peace of mind is priceless.
Prefer to talk in person
Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2017
I would prefer to talk about my company in person. There is not that much that i can say, plus i don't want to put my thoughts about my company that i work currently online.
All about numbers, no empathy for families or employees
Coordinator consultant/trainer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2016
I have never worked in an environment so tied up in tallying up donors. Management hovers over you to try to push you to accept donors that are unacceptable. They have screens everywhere showing the number of people working with families and giving green lights to the coordinators every time legal paperwork is started. It's like a sales pitch and the sales person with the highest number wins. You are treated like you work at a Vegas car lot!
Great Experience
Procurement Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 14, 2016
Working for OneLegacy was a great experience for me. The RNs are given total autonomy in overseeing the whole organ donation experience from working with the hospital staff caring for potential donors, discussing the option with family members, working the patient up for the donation process, offering out the organs according to UNOS lists and overseeing the procurement process in the OR.

Every day was different. Due to the on call demand and long donation process a nurse is required to be available 24/7. Some of the donors would take 24 - 48 hours and one RN would be at the hospital for 24 hours. This took it's toll on me.
Pros
Great Experience. Total Autonomy
Cons
Great Pay......they have to because of how they treat employees
Donation (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2015
Fantastic mission and work within the donation world.....Management is the worst you can imagine....the treatment of employees is deplorable.....CA labor laws broken every day.....ethical and moral values questionable..it is sad because of the amazing work it should be
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Leadership
Great Mission-No leadership
Donor Allocation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2015
Great mission but a horrible place to work. The management lacks empathy or intelligible decision making. Staff is treated poorly and told to feel grateful. No growth at this job at all. They tend to hire college grads that do not have work experience and bank on them staying two years for the $20/hr pay until they can't take it anymore. Turn over rate is extremely high but quantity over quality is this companies them. I met some great co-workers, most of whom have left.
Pros
Pay is good for non-skilled college grad.
Cons
Limited pay-scale, no room for advancement, untrained management
Productive and fun place to work for,
FCS/ APTC (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2015
providing support to donor families such as: phone calls, post recovery outcomes and special events such as the Rose Parade float decoration, Donate Run Walk of Cal State Fullerton, and Donor Rememberance Ceremonies held every year.
Pros
Great Compensation
Cons
long hours 12-24 hour cases.
Inspiring place to work for.
Multicultural Community Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2014
- On a typical day, I would connect and build relationship with community leaders, hospitals, and government agencies to support our mission to save lives.

- I learned how to effectively connect with groups and audiences to convey my message to them.

- I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and supervisor. I was proud to work for my Superviors and CEO. Everyone were very supportive and worked very well together as a team.

- The hardest part of the job was to take something that human side of my job and turn it into statistic numbers and business reports.

- I really enjoy meeting and connecting with people to convey my message that they can save lives.
Pros
Being able to make a positive social change to save lives.
Cons
Converting relationships into statistic reports and ROIs.
great experience, love what they stand for.
TRANSPLANT COORDINATOR EMPLOYMENT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2012
I was a donor transplant coordinator. My job included approaching families for donation, medically managing the patient, teaching nurses/medical students and physicians about organ donation. And speaking at community events and educating the public about organ donation.
Pros
met incredible families, worked with really fun people.
Cons
had to drive in los angeles traffic
Excellant experience with amazing peers
Clinical Aftercare Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2012
The experience at Onelegacy is invaluable and not offered at many other employers.
Medical Field, Donate Life Organization
Temp (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2012
This company deals with the medical field. Doctors, hospitals etc. This is a donate life organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneLegacy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8