OneMain Employee Reviews

Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 17, 2017
Always a productive workplace from start to end of shift. Reviewed many potential creditors. Committed to clients at all times.
Great company to work for but management treats employees like dirt.
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 10, 2017
I turned in manager for fraud and was written up for it in the end. Not a way to treat your loyal employees. I loved working for this company up until my last year there when they hired on a young manager who tried to take easy roads.
This company was much better to work for when owned by Citigroup.
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Personal loan and processing and collecting.
Real Estate refinancing.
Matching customers needs to optional insurance products.

I learned how to form an alliance with similar finance companies to skip trace and locate customers for collection purposes.

Learned how to pull credit reports and analyze the information.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Did not know what time you could leave to go home.
OneMain is a very competitive, numbers based company.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Anywhere, USAJanuary 3, 2017
I've worked for OneMain financial for over 20 years. I once considered this company to be a place I would retire with. Since the Company was sold to Springleaf (now owned by Investors), this company does not value it's employees. We are all just a number. Upper management manages by fear. Employees are afraid to report incidents of disrespectful treatment due to lack of support from Human Resources. This is not a healthy work environment to work in. They claim to promote a good work/life balance. Prepare to work late nights and Saturdays if goals are not met.
Pros
401k, paid holidays & vacation
Cons
stressful work environment, long hours, employess are not show respect by upper management
The job was very rewarding to be able help build the department.
Escrow Processor III (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 3, 2017
With this being a new department that I was presented with the opportunity to build it from the ground up. I was fast paced with daily meetings with all departments to create Job Aids, Production Flow Charts, Daily Production Task, and Third party Vendor procedures, as well as Procedure Manuals. I was responsible for the Homeowners, Flood, and Claims processes. I worked with Upper Management to draft Online Letters that would be used in our daily production. It was fun and it required attention to detail in order to ensure all risks were reduced or eliminated. I drafted new loan audit procedures. Some days were long, but the work was very rewarding. I enjoyed being apart of this new adventure.
Pros
Being able to engage with the other departments. and when we completed a process, we had a department luncheon to celebrate.
Cons
Employees that were not supportive of the team goals.
New change with merger not good leadership now
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 29, 2016
No micro-managing ..Show more leadership get people who is not concern more with the business and not with a Title name to say I'm the Boss it's my way if you want a check ....
Baltimore loaction is being downsized.
Financial Systems Analyst & Treasury Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 27, 2016
Baltimore Office is being downsized and therefore there are limited opportunities.
Direct Manager is difficult to work with
Good working relationship with Coworkers
Career Suicide
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2016
Just do yourself a favor and walk away from this job listing. Company used to be favorable for someone starting out in the corporate world, i.e. advancement in multiple areas. Company has been bought and sold 3 times within the last 5 years and each time there have been layoffs and demotions throughout. This company is not a real place to make a career out of because the owners are only out to flip this company for a profit every so often when it is sellable, leaving all the employees with the bad end of the stick. To top it off, the work environment is cut throat in such that everyone is trying to complete their sales quotas even if it calls for stealing leads from one another.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No Advancement, Bad Insurance Coverage, Layoffs
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 14, 2016
Great place to work, benefits aren't that great but people are great to work for. Very busy work environment, constant work flow
Loved working with people
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MODecember 8, 2016
*day to day was rewarding
*hardest part of the job was getting everyone on the same page in monthly goals
* loved working with customers and satisfying their financial needs
Pros
great pay
Cons
wrong people in positions that held me back from advancing
Okay Company
Team Member (Current Employee) –  IndianaDecember 8, 2016
Relatively immature organization in terms of strategy, key initiatives, and leadership. Leaders are working hard to improve and care about the people.
A Great place to work
Management Trainee/Senior Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 7, 2016
Wonderful place to work, especially as an intern straight out of college. Great competitive pay for an intern and gives a very broad look at the real working world.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, GADecember 6, 2016
The people, benefits, and culture is amazing at OneMain Financial. It is demanding work, but you are compensated for it.
great place to work
Dialer Agent Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2016
great people great environment never had any issues with bosses or employees i have never had a negative thing come from management and always have been given respect with all i am asked of
managment
Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDNovember 29, 2016
Is poor, I am not treated or giving proper training.

The bonuses are good if you can reach them.

Supposed to have room for advancement. However, I have not been trained for it.
Say bye bye to family life
Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2016
Job is best for people who do not have a social life / family. Expect to work longer than scheduled hours every day! Saturday's are a must. Your only true day off is Sunday! Rude bosses that tell you to go find another job and they will write your resume and a letter of recommendation for you. Also state to go work at a school district to have off when your kids are off!
Best part of job is when customers tell you that you're a blessing because they don't know how they were going to come up with the money they needed. Another great thing is the trust customers have in you.
Pros
Coworkers, helping customers
Cons
6 day work week, unrealistic collection goals, pay too much for subpar health insurance
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 22, 2016
Worked closely with lenders, underwriters and borrowers through the loan closing process
Generated solicitation tools for present and former borrowers
Collected payments on delinquent accounts using collection tools
A good starting job
Senior Loan Specialists (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2016
Overall I enjoyed working at OneMain Financial. I started working here after college and I learned a lot about the credit underwriting business. The work balance could be better. The company is focusing a lot on delinquency right now and that is why I moved on to another company.
Pros
salary, bonus, coworkers
Cons
work balance, management
Good Job
Service Processor III (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 12, 2016
It's a good environment to work in. It's chaotic work wise since the company is going through some changes with merging with Springleaf.
Great company horrible management
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CA 93551November 10, 2016
Not a professional environment but the pay is great and the customers are even better.The job is super easy. You only get trained on the computer so pay attention or you will feel lost.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneMain. Our community is ready to answer.