OneMain Employee Reviews

Not too bad
Branch Manager/Sr. Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 15, 2016
I had a great ten plus years with this company. At times the job was stressful, but you got many vacation days after just a few years
Central Litigation Unit
Litigation Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 15, 2016
The company is not a bad company but there is no diversity in higher job skill sets and it is not a stable company to work for. The management here overall is based on who you know and its a popularity contest so if you don't know a lot of people then you will not get anywhere
Its ok
branch account executive (Current Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 14, 2016
Onemain Financial isn't a great place to work. Lots of favoritism was shown. The district manager is disrespectful. This is definitely not the job for a single parent.
Great as a learning tool position wouldnt recommend getting comfortable
Loan officer (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LASeptember 6, 2016
My daily responsibilities include developing personal loans, automobile loans, and other credit related products. Assist clients daily on making financial decisions to help them achieve their financial goals, while educating them on terms and conditions of product to ensure a clear understanding. I network weekly with community to increase business. Other daily responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
o Follow up on leads from customer inquiries (online or through customer service)
o Accurately comply with company guidelines and procedures
o Subprime lending
o Assemble branch reports
o Maintain accurate deposit and cash count reports
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 5, 2016
I worked on small COBOL programs most of the time by myself but would occasionally work on large programs in a group.

I learned COBOL in my time there and also the use of scrum and agile boards. My ability to work in groups really shined as well.

Management was really great I wouldn't change a thing.
Great company but poor management at the time.
Customer Service, III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 3, 2016
We stayed busy from opening to closing each day. We were constantly on the phones calling to drum up business or collecting past due payments. My co-workers had to much drama from outside of the job but brought it to work with them. Our manager was scared of one employee & they were constantly bickering. The hardest part of this job was worrying from day to day who would start trouble and make it miserable for the rest of us. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the customers. Great customers.
Pros
Some night work calling customers.
Cons
Personalies
Great workplace
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYSeptember 2, 2016
Great place to work as a start and learn about financial services and the programs that come along with them in case you ever wanted to further a financial career with a better company i.e. a big name bank
Pros
Fre gym great team leaders understanding management
Cons
Customer is upset before you talk to them
no work life balance
Account Specialist/Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 23, 2016
hard work no pay'
management does not work with you
coworkers were willing the help
not enough time to work with your customers
Pros
insurance
Cons
managers
Company has a good balance for family and work. They take pride in their people so in turn we take pride in the company.
QA Analyst/Tester (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEAugust 22, 2016
I would say overall the company is a 5 star company. The people seem to take pride every day in the what we do and what we produce for the company and our Business and Product owners appreciate that as well as our customers. We have great benefit, training, and advancement programs. As well as as employee retention, incentives, flexible schedules and the option to work from home (where applicable)
Fast paced work environment with new goals daily!
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILAugust 21, 2016
Deposits
NSF
Solicitation Calling
Insurance Presentations

Want to know more about OneMain?

Ask a question
Competitive and fast paced sales culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 18, 2016
The day can vary wildly based on the current needs but typically includes underwriting, personal lending, collections and business development. Goals are tracked monthly but updated and paid quarterly. for those that are driven to succeed the compensation plus bonuses can be lucrative.
Pros
An interesting and fast paced environment that brings new challenges and situations daily.
Cons
For salaried employees only lip service is given to any kind of work life balance.
Avoid unless you want to commit Career Suicide
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
Worked for company for 4yrs, fka American General Finance, Becoming Onemain Financial. Highly volatile company that flips its organizational structure once a company buyout event occurs, to which creates massive layoffs/demotions in leadership. This directly affects your working relationship to whomever you reported directly under. Main functions include selling high risk loans to uncreditworthy customer base that generate high charge offs and public collections. Borderline loan sharking scheme that attempts to push current customer base into accepting larger loans/longer payment terms thereby inducing a debt crisis bubble to which the customer cannot pay back. Heavy sales based job that pressures customers to accept large APR loans with expensive add ons for straight to profit margins. Heavy on collections/working weekends due to credit delinquency. Advancement is extremely limited.
Pros
one hour lunch, paid holidays off.
Cons
healthcare, management, office closures/layoffs
na
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 9, 2016
I don't have anything to say that is positive about this company thank you for the experience with this company and employment opportunity
Dedicated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 8, 2016
posting payment, answer phone,take applications for loans, close loans. Learn about Finance, budget, helping people made life little more managed. Worked well with my co -workers, 5 people in the office.

Hardest park of the job, was when customer did not quailfy for loan and explain why we had to turn them down.

I like paperwork, entering data,and administrative part of the job.
Pros
bonus, winning lunches and dinner.
Cons
working some times 6days a week.
Great Place To Work
COLLECTIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  London, KYJuly 30, 2016
Excellent place to work great work/life balance and overall culture. Easy environment to grow in. Management team is phenomenal.
Loved it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, GAJuly 26, 2016
Great company that truly cares for the workers, understood the lay-off due to lack of accounts. I would work for this company again in a heart beat!
Pros
Cons
Nothing.
Fun place to work with several onsite amenities.
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 20, 2016
There is very Friendly management.
Open door policy makes it easy to communicate with anyone in the company! Smaller Company and therefore less red tape to get things done. Great people with a willingness to get things done.
Productive and a fun place to work
Senior Collection Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2016
I loved working for Springleaf - then it was bought out by Nationstar Mortgage. Supervisors always willing to work with you never talked down to anyone and really did care about the employees.

Co workers for the most part were happy with the job. I love to assist customers to be able to keep their homes, trailers, property or what ever the loan was for.
Pros
Bonus free lunches, gift cards
Cons
Sold out to Nationstar
Great co workers
Sr customer account specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJuly 14, 2016
Learned a lot over the years. Got a lot of experience.
Hardest part of the job is handling angry customers. Most enjoyable part was helping customers get the financing they needed to complete what ever they needed the money for.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Transferability
Not enough face to face customer contact for my personality
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Eastgate, OhJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work usually started with a morning huddle to outline that day's goals provided with a schedule of tasks to be completed. I learned how to handle cash and balance a cash drawer. I also learned how to explain and comprehend loan documents. The management was skilled friendly. My co-worker was pleasant and enjoyable; we worked well together. The most challenging part of the job was making 40-50 solicitation calls per day. The most enjoyable part of the day was when customers came in to service an existing account or for loan closing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneMain. Our community is ready to answer.