Oneonta Job Corps Academy

Oneonta Job Corps Academy United States Employee Reviews

OJCA
Cement Mason Pre - apprenticeship (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJanuary 16, 2015
I have work experience similar to the qualifications that you are looking for. I also know what it means to be dependable. I can contribute my experience with the following: Cement Mason, Carpentry, Minor Electric and Plumbing, Tile Setting. I have also completed OSHA 10, Flagger, Scaffolding & Rigging, and Ramset Certifications.

I am committed to setting goals and completing assignments in a timely manner. I am self-motivated, hard working and dependable. During the course of my training, I learned to work as part of a team as well as working independently.

I learned everything from Oneonta Jobs Corps Academy and I'm grateful for the education and trade I've learned attended their facility.
Hands On, Productive place to learn and work
Full Time Paid Trade Student Employee, CMA (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJanuary 10, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Oneonta Job Corps academy.
I met great people, Learned valuable knowledge, and experienced the work place first hand.
on the job training
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYNovember 29, 2014
good on the job training, fun work atmosphere....... long work days
The Corps
Military Cadet Program (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free meals, two 15 minute breaks, great nurses who cared about us "the people" when we were ill
Working at Oneonta Job Corps was a wonderful work experience. While I was there I received my high school diploma and also my trade certification as a Cement Mason. I learned structure and great time management skills. In my opinon the best part of working there was working with others. I am a team player. I enjoy working as a team.
The best trade school
Trade School (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: best lunches
Cons: short breaks
Oneonta Job Corps was the best experience in my life. Academic classes were great to be in , and the trade teachers knew how to interact with students. I learned a lot in Job Corps especially my trade. From measuring to cutting wood , doing roof tops , fixing toilets.
productive and fun workplace
Electrician Pre-Apprentice (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYSeptember 7, 2014
i learned alot when i started this job, meet new poeple and learned from them.i enjoy myself working with them, and goodplace to work.
fun place
Clerical Tasks - Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYSeptember 7, 2014
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
typical day at work thats how I seen it.
Gateway into future careers.
Student worker. (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free food, free living, free training, free healthcare.
Cons: staff's lack of motivation, staff's managment, student's cantankerous ignorance.
OJCA was a great program training wise. Residentially and Management wise it was in need of serious improvement. Over all it is worth the suffering as is with all great things. A typical day consisted of heading to the cafeteria eating breakfast heading to the pole yard and training and learning overhead power line fundamentals. As previously stated I learned the fundamentals of Overhead Line. Management residentially was sloppy and in need of serious improvement. Management vocationally was great and helped as much as possible. My Co-workers ranged from all ethnicities and all locations of the U.S.A. The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect but increasingly got easier as training went on. The most enjoyable part of the job was the vast amounts of knowledge that I learned and the capabilities for tomorrow.
good place
Shop Foreman/Safety Officer (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: trades
Cons: not easy
good play to get your life together and make something of yourself
great expirence
student (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
Being in Oneonta Job Corps Academy was the best choices I ever made in my life. I learned a lot from that school.
great experience
Student Employee (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJune 16, 2014
The schools main focus is for the students to complete with the correct knowledge needed to succeed in the selected careers
Student
Internship (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYOctober 2, 2013
My stay at Oneonta Job Corps was very helpful because I was able to earn my medical assistant certification and and GED in less than a year. I learned a lot from the instructors and my peers during my stay.
Great place to learn a trade
Electrician Helper (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYAugust 6, 2013
many trades to choose from and you can get high school diploma or GED
School
Student (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJuly 14, 2013
Got my life together in Job Corp. learned several trades currently in Kentucky to get my Class A CDL with Tanker, Doubles&Triples, Hazmat endorsements.
fun place
Shop Foreman/Safety Officer (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJune 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch, free housing, training for free school for free
fun place to work at trade work in auto body and many more just the best place i had to work at that's really all i have
Regular Job Day
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYMay 13, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons: immature students
I typical day as a trainee was pretty fun. I helped keep the place safe and helped other students. I did projects everyday. It was a self-paced program.
Productive and fun workplace
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYApril 30, 2013
Learned a lot in this academy, well worth my time and effort.
An experience and educational workplace
student (Former Employee), new york NYMarch 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: flexible lunch hours, healthcare etc
A typical work day at oneonta job corps was a very educational one i learn a lot and get more experience using power tools and machinery while working with other student of different ethic background .The hardest part of we encounter while working was getting to understand each other at first after a while we working together we got it and the most enjoyable part of the job was when we got a job well done after a day of hard work
good
Academic Instructor (Current Employee), Oneonta, NYFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: students
Cons: restrictions on how we can help students
Typical day would include housekeeping with the students, uniform check, attendance, two quick timed tests then teach the lessons for the day. After each lesson working with individuals to understand concept. Then counsel students on various aspects of daily life and career choices. Complete various reports and attend required meeting. Tutor students in academic areas of need.
I have learned to be extremely patient, as well as firm but compassionate in dealing with students and staff. The hardest part of the job is when a student decides to leave the program without a completion. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a student's face when they get a diploma and a completion of trade.
very intricate and interactive workplace
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYOctober 16, 2012
Pros: stypin pay, free breakfast, lunch and dinner, recreational activities and so on
Cons: there are a handful of immature people who have no respect but thats about it
within my time spent in jobcorp i felt myself maturing more and more everyday, also this academy helped improve my core values ,such as: multicutral awareness ,respect etc. over all i would recommend any jobcorp academy to anyone looking for a jurastic change in their life

About Oneonta Job Corps Academy

The Oneonta Job Corps Academy is actively involved in volunteering it's resources to better the community and build working relationships. – Read more