Oneonta Job Corps Academy

Oneonta Job Corps Academy Employer Reviews

great expirence
student (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
Being in Oneonta Job Corps Academy was the best choices I ever made in my life. I learned a lot from that school.
great experience
Student Employee (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJune 16, 2014
The schools main focus is for the students to complete with the correct knowledge needed to succeed in the selected careers
Student
Internship (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYOctober 2, 2013
My stay at Oneonta Job Corps was very helpful because I was able to earn my medical assistant certification and and GED in less than a year. I learned a lot from the instructors and my peers during my stay.
Great place to learn a trade
Electrician Helper (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYAugust 6, 2013
many trades to choose from and you can get high school diploma or GED
School
Student (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJuly 14, 2013
Got my life together in Job Corp. learned several trades currently in Kentucky to get my Class A CDL with Tanker, Doubles&Triples, Hazmat endorsements.
fun place
Shop Foreman/Safety Officer (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJune 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch, free housing, training for free school for free
fun place to work at trade work in auto body and many more just the best place i had to work at that's really all i have
Regular Job Day
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYMay 13, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons: immature students
I typical day as a trainee was pretty fun. I helped keep the place safe and helped other students. I did projects everyday. It was a self-paced program.
Productive and fun workplace
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYApril 30, 2013
Learned a lot in this academy, well worth my time and effort.
An experience and educational workplace
student (Former Employee), new york NYMarch 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: flexible lunch hours, healthcare etc
A typical work day at oneonta job corps was a very educational one i learn a lot and get more experience using power tools and machinery while working with other student of different ethic background .The hardest part of we encounter while working was getting to understand each other at first after a while we working together we got it and the most – more... enjoyable part of the job was when we got a job well done after a day of hard work – less
good
Academic Instructor (Current Employee), Oneonta, NYFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: students
Cons: restrictions on how we can help students
Typical day would include housekeeping with the students, uniform check, attendance, two quick timed tests then teach the lessons for the day. After each lesson working with individuals to understand concept. Then counsel students on various aspects of daily life and career choices. Complete various reports and attend required meeting. Tutor students – more... in academic areas of need.
I have learned to be extremely patient, as well as firm but compassionate in dealing with students and staff. The hardest part of the job is when a student decides to leave the program without a completion. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a student's face when they get a diploma and a completion of trade. – less
very intricate and interactive workplace
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYOctober 16, 2012
Pros: stypin pay, free breakfast, lunch and dinner, recreational activities and so on
Cons: there are a handful of immature people who have no respect but thats about it
within my time spent in jobcorp i felt myself maturing more and more everyday, also this academy helped improve my core values ,such as: multicutral awareness ,respect etc. over all i would recommend any jobcorp academy to anyone looking for a jurastic change in their life
Working On the Job Ethics
Safety Officer (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYSeptember 11, 2012
A typical start of the day is what the important duties that need to be done are. I've learned how to handle time management and responsibilities. The skills of management I have is being my own leader, working positive, determination, and achieving. The hardest part of the job is meeting your daily quota sales goals. The enjoyable part of the job is – more... coming to work and making the costumer appreciative. – less
Review
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYAugust 9, 2012
Pros: very social
Cons: alot going on all at once. hard to adjust to
It was a very pleasant social and learning experience. Didn't know what to expect at first but I was able to adjust quickly. To do it all again would be just as pleasing as the first.
EXCELLENT
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYAugust 2, 2012
ONEONTA JOB CORPS ACADEMY IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. THE PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO ASSIST LOW INCOME YOUTHS IN OBTAINING THE TECHNICAL AND SOCIAL SKILLS NEEDED TO BECOME SUCCESSFUL. THE STAFF AT THE ONEONTA CAMPUS WORK DILIGENTLY TO ENSURE THE STUDENTS OBTAIN THEIR TRAINING AND CREDENTIALING IN A SAFE, SECURE MANNER.
Experience at OJCA
HSD Program Instructor/Coordinator (Current Employee), Oneonta, NYJuly 11, 2012
I have gained additional experience working with a variey of people from diverse backgrounds; the most enjoyable part of my job is helping students earn their diplomas.
Shop Foreman
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJuly 6, 2012
work well with other's always was on time kype a good power and got the job done

About Oneonta Job Corps Academy

The Oneonta Job Corps Academy is actively involved in volunteering it's resources to better the community and build working relationships. – Read more