OneSubsea Employee Reviews

Payroll department will cheat you!
Subea Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Berwick, LAOctober 29, 2016
For 4 months no money was placed in my checking account. All funds went to child support, spousal support, insurance, taxes etc.

Payroll department has a supervisor who deliberately sabotaged my pay. A confidential informant has come forward with the truth.

I had to quit my job to access 401k before bankruptcy became a last resort.

Every company perk used to hire me away from my previous employer was taken away.

When the North American Manager left the company after 30 years service,( the man who hired me) resigned I knew life was going to change drastically.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Management turnover
Manifold Systems Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2016
Good work culture, management is slowly moving to the Schlumberger way of doing things. After the official merger management began to slowly be replaced, and the culture has become less desirabel than before.
Most Enjoyable Part of Job
Manifold Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2016
Most enjoyable part is seeing communications that have been established on a project between cross-functional teams being able to resolve problems that may arise.
Fast Paced Company
Senior Project Accountant /Project Controller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Company is growing and extremely fast paced. Be ready to multi task and change gears at any time. Good for the self disciplined and self motivated individual who needs little direction.
Great Place to Work
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
I enjoy working here- the work environment is great! Very good work life balance- the teams are also great to work in. I can't say enough good things.
Good environment to work and establish good working relationships.
project manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Focused on results and tracking those results. Laissez-Faire type of leadership. Very team oriented, everyone work very well together and communicated effectively through cross functional groups.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Pressure
Great employees and great work environment
Senior Design Team Project (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2015
Learned valuable information about the offshore production that takes place in the oil and gas industry. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and working together with the employees. I was able to be introduced to computational fluid dynamics simulation.
Great Company
Tender Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Great Company, Okay Work experience
Great Coworkers
Management could use a little help
onesubsea is a great company to work for, so educational and brilliant
sen project co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
i work within the rental dept and its non stop, i like that i am always kept busy and challenged. i personally deal with all rental request forms globally from all customers extrernal and internal which keeps me busy. i also deal with invoicing these projects load outs and do required shipping paperwork. if we havent stock providing i give my approval and mangers then i will capex new build tools in order to meet customer requirements. this also requires serialisation of the tools
i am very lucky to have the manager i do, he is a great teacher and i have learned so much from him. he really has changed my dept for the best.
everyone within the organisation is helpful and friendly but like anywhere can get stressed when it heats up, but its back to work as usal. we all get stressed.
the hardest part of the job is availabilty check, i have to go through several sytems order tool to check. once i am confident i will give a serial number for each tool to the RTR. however not all is what it seems, sometimes people forget to book out tools therfor it will say to me we have it in stock but we dont. i am currently working on that as i have just finished a KAIZEN to resolve this for good. i enjoy productive meetings, i dont see the point in a meeting about a meeting. i like to come out with actions or things resloved.
Pros
learning so much about running projetcs from manager
Cons
1.5hours to commute each way