OneWest Bank Employee Reviews

Hello
Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 4, 2017
I loved working at one west bank. I learned how to be self sufficient and it I had an amazing experience I learned how to work with high valued customers and how to manage trust accounts.
Good company, but bad management
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 20, 2017
OneWest provides a good compensation package, although their benefits are not quite as good as some other large companies, but your base pay should be higher than other companies. They do not like to train and will want you to be productive on day 1. The company will require you to work overtime and frequently. If you like overtime, this is great, if you prefer a more balanced lifestyle, not so much. The management seems to make ad hoc decisions frequently, and does not plan past the short term. Be prepared for frequent changes to policy.
Great enviroment to work, good managerment,great coach , lots of.room to learn and grow.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CASeptember 20, 2017
Great enviroment to work, good managerment, great coach , lots of room to learn and grow. Life balance.
Paid time off. Small bank but very interactive with clients.
Waste of time
Personal Banker & Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2017
The bank does not want to grow. Management expects a lot from you without giving the tools. i came from a large bank and felt handicapped coming to OWB.
The bank expects big things, and even if you deliver you are not rewarded. At best you receive a certificate.
Management does not promote from within, instead they hire from outside.
Pros
Staff is nice
Cons
Management and pay is poor
N/a
Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 13, 2017
Work life balance was great. A typical day at work was come in and do what you were required to do. I learned a great deal about mortgage loan servicing and the elements involved in the mortgage process. My co-workers were fun and easy to work with.
Work schedules are very flexible.
Business/System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2017
Work schedules are accommodating with flexible work hours so that technical support teams can be available to the business users and teams from multiple time zones.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Little advancement or developmental opportunities.
Not a good place
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 31, 2017
This was a new bank with a new office in our location. Primary duty was refinancing existing loans. Unfortunately, the type of existing loans made that task very difficult.
Rewarding
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, CAJuly 7, 2017
A typical day with start with a morning huddle with my manager.
I learned how to get more creative.
Management was great! very supportive.
It was a great place to learn and grow.
The hardest part of the job was not having updated computer system.
The most enjoyable part was helping clients, and learning something new everyday.
Pros
Small community bank
Cons
The company didn't do any advertising
I took phone calls everyday
Call Center Rep I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2017
A typical day to would talk to people over the phone no lunch . I did leaned too hold my hand to get help every day Management was going to close the bust so they did not care. the hardest part was taking trying to log out for lunch.
Pros
the place was a good buld
Cons
It was to far from my home
Great environment
Relationship Center Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marino, CAJune 1, 2017
Owb has a great work environment. Goals are realistic and managers are typically very lenient with time off. Owb offers great benefits that you may not get else where.
Limited Opprotunity
Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 23, 2017
Where do I start, this place took almost three months to hire me while I had left my old job and I was in limbo. I would attend possibly 5 to 6 people a day. No room for advancement and the tech for a large company is horrible. Very nice people but that is about it.
A lot of opportunities to learn
Teller Lead III (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 5, 2017
I learned a great deal from working at this company, from the banking world to learning how to interact with customers on a daily basis. I also learned a lot of back office procedures such as auditing and working on people tax papers due to all the interest that they got from the bank.
Foreclosure Specialist
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2017
Maintain and update all portfolios by State given by foreclosure management.
Coordinate with team of foreclosure specialists and implement all tasks as advised by team leader.
Perform proper calculation and prepare payoff figures
It was a fun place to work because the workers made it that way
Research Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 27, 2017
I worked for OneWest when the mortgage industry was going south, and it was a very stressful and hard time to work there. The company was making large mistakes and showing little remorse. We were paid well and had good benefits.
Great environment but low pay
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 20, 2017
Plenty of freedom to find projects to expand your skills, incredible support within and across departments, great work/life balance.

The only downside is that the compensation packages are below market.
Pros
Work/life balance, autonomy
Cons
Compensation
One Stop Shop
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 18, 2017
CIT Bank offers the opportunity for a motivated, self starter to succeed. A person who is engaged and likes to learn, should thrive in the CIT environment.
n/a
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2017
Was a nice place to work at as they like to include all employees and departments in a monthly luncheon rotation. All employees were allowed to mingle and experience different foods.
Terrible Work Environment
Accounting Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2017
My supervisor took pleasure in pitting our team members against one another and gossiping. Lots of immature behavior from co-workers and leadership.
Pros
Salary, Location
Cons
Poor Management, Immature Behavior Allowed
Not enjoyable
Short Sale Negotiator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Worked there for almost 10 years. Started as IndyMac bank, then was taken over by gov't, then was taken over by corperate raiders and called it OneWest bank Now it is CIS I belive. Very Bad Culture. No Body want to be there. Would stay away.
Pros
pay
Cons
culture
review
Relationship associate hybrid (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CADecember 27, 2016
this is a great company and tons of time things to do throughout the day. The customers are very loyal and the relationships that are built are tend to last for years.