OneWest Bank

OneWest Bank Employee Reviews

Nice work-life balance, no micromanagment
Supervisor (Former Employee), AustinJune 22, 2015
Pros: people/environment/management/opportunities to advance
Cons: Constant change due to new company and growing pains, multiple organizational restructures lead to employee uncertainty
I enjoyed a flexible work environment, while my duties mostly remained the same form day to day, my management of those duties was left to my own judgement and management. At one west I was able to grow my problem solving and project management skills, with limited supervision. I routinely completed my duties above expectations and thrived in the mortgage banking environment.
Small, personal bank with a home feeling.
Retail Banker (Teller II) (Current Employee), Whittier, CAJune 20, 2015
OneWest Bank is a pleasant company to work for with great individuals.

I learned how banks, as well as individuals run their finances.

The greatest part of working for OWB was having the opportunity to meet many business owners and entrepreneurs and learn from their successes and failures.
Great
Client Sales & Service Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2015
Managed and processed operational tasks such as sales, accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing clients, collaborating with accounting manager and contributed to benchmarks for the company. Involved in profit and loss assessments with Management and controller of the company. Developed organizational standards for the accounting office that resulted in decrease of cost
Enjoyed my job
Specialist ll (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 23, 2015
It was a good place to work. I enjoyed working with my co workers and enjoyed my time with the company. I appreciate the knowledge gained in the company.
I thought this would be a career
Default Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 9, 2015
I worked at OWB for 2+ years in the mortgage industry before the bank sold it's work. Mass lay offs occurred and I miss the security.
It was customer service atmosphere
Bilingual Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIApril 6, 2015
Pros: My co-workers were easy to work with.
Cons: We would have to bid to get on a better shift & it wasn't based on seniority.
I would start at 8 a.m till 5 p.m.
I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers. They made me feel like I was a part of a family.
Relax Place to Work
Bankruptcy Specialist II (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: casual setting
Cons: unsatible environment
Shifts vary and are for the most part flexible. Management is pretty personable and approachable. The work environment is casual but fast paced. Employees are from every walk of life, very diverse.
na
Supervisor (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 18, 2015
enjoyed my job and growing with the company when the opportunities were there. Learned alot in the experience however the company chose to take another avenue with their growth.
Great team to work with!
Senior Loan Specialist / National Sales Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: good comp plan, great co-workers, fun atomsphere
Cons: not enough support in operations
Inside sales team, amazing group of fun, motivated sales people and supportive management. The most enjoyable part for me is getting someone in their first home! Challenges with OneWest were usually in the realm of slow turnaround times. Overall, a great place to develop sales and management skills.
Great Team Work Environment
Branch Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Ventura, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I am a team player and help on all levels from giving supervisor overrides, opening accounts to cashing checks on the teller line.
Corporate headquarters for mid-sized bank. Located in Pasadena, CA.
Corporate Policies and Procedures Specialist (Former Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 8, 2014
Professional and pleasant work environment. Excellent colleagues.
Since in the workplace
Project Manager / Building Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 25, 2014
Employees are always encouraged to think out side the box and look for alternative solutions.
opportunity to learn and grow as an individual
Telephone Service Representative III (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 15, 2014
It's a great learning experience, and my peers are as hard working as I am.
fun place to work
Bankruptcy Specialist III (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 8, 2014
fun place to work, room for growth. the team I worked with was awesome, truly family oriented.
Good
Specialist IV (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 26, 2014
Every day sounded like a different day than the day before as I was doing different project learning multiple things.
High School Environment and Terrible Work Ethics
Specialist III, Former Employee (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: terrible management and education level is down
This company value friendship over anything. Managers will ask their department employees on how to do with their work. Then managers will take all the credit. Majority of these managers do not have an college degree, majority of these managers have a high school diploma. If you have a college education then you're out the door here. Also, these managers cannot communicate in email with good grammar and punctuation skills. The office environment here has the setting of a High School environment which means majority of the employees will talk all day and start drama instead of doing their work. This company WILL NOT KEEP TALENT, instead they will get rid of the talent, and keep their friends. Unfortunately, that's what left at this bank THE FRIENDS! The sad scenario is if you have an college education then there's no room for you in advancement; the value of friends and low education is the key here. Don't waste your time!
Worked at better places
Contact Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2014
Cons: very high-school drama culture, promotion of favorites, no job security and no flexibility of schedule
Always trying to cut corners and cut costs with the employees and customers alike, which lately included letting go of 700+ people in Texas alone. The salary does not match at all the job duties and they make you do projects that never get completed or get ignored after they are done. They are just waiting to sell the company again so don't work for these people if you are a long-term career-minded individual. You are not retiring from here.
Great place to work.
Loan Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Austin TXJune 25, 2014
The coworkers were great. I had a lot of fun at this place. Very business minded. But free coffee and great lunches. Management was good.
Excellent Management
Loss Mitigation Specialist IV (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 9, 2014
OneWest Bank provided me a wide breadth of mortgage servicing training, far beyond my daily scope of work. The management is approachable and truly wants you to succeed and advance.
Calm work environment
Sr. Loan Processor (Current Employee), Escondido, CAJune 6, 2014
A needs list is sent to lending partners, as items come in through out the day the file is updated. Complete review of preliminary title report, order tax verifications or any other searches that may need to be completed based off the loan. Always learning from new loans or co-workers when new issues come up and how to handle them. The hardest part is ensuring to meet the tight deadlines with short notice. The most enjoyable is being able to send out that email notifying the borrower that there loan is closed.

1 2 3 4