OneWest Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to build long term relationship with client
Relationship Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 20, 2016
Job environment is great for those who likes to work slow paste. Great place for those who likes to build long term relationship with clients. Good price for medical benefit. for the most part it's just like any other company. Company also offer 401k matching which is a plus.
Uncertain times ahead
Technical Writer II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Company is fine, benefits are okay, just got bought by another company so promotions and raises have been frozen for a long time, also the company could be sold at anytime.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Uncertain future
Personal and professional growth
IndyMac Federal Bank FSB to OneWest BankECC (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2016
Great Company! Proud to be there.
It’s also likely that once you feel that sense of accomplishment you will have the motivation to keep working towards your goals.
check into cash
Relationship Associate (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CADecember 7, 2016
customer services, friendly clients. great entry level customer service role.
Open accounts, handle teller transactions, sells/cross-sells bank products and services, and resolves complex customer service issues.
review
Relationship associate hybrid (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CADecember 27, 2016
this is a great company and tons of time things to do throughout the day. The customers are very loyal and the relationships that are built are tend to last for years.
Very Political, Little room for advancement
Senior (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasApril 24, 2013
Initially this was a fun and engaging place to work. Lots of employee appreciation. BUT most recently it has become a very political "who you know" kind of place. Management is poor at best. Not much room to grow and very little feedback. The employee's are a great group of people, employee's are not heard or supported by management. Good place to get a start but not one to hang your hat long term. Not very flexible when it comes to work/life balance AT ALL! Some managers have no experience, or people skills.
Pros
fair compensation
Cons
horrible departmental management, little flexibility for work/life, very click-ish.
High School Environment and Terrible Work Ethics
Specialist III, Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2014
This company value friendship over anything. Managers will ask their department employees on how to do with their work. Then managers will take all the credit. Majority of these managers do not have an college degree, majority of these managers have a high school diploma. If you have a college education then you're out the door here. Also, these managers cannot communicate in email with good grammar and punctuation skills. The office environment here has the setting of a High School environment which means majority of the employees will talk all day and start drama instead of doing their work. This company WILL NOT KEEP TALENT, instead they will get rid of the talent, and keep their friends. Unfortunately, that's what left at this bank THE FRIENDS! The sad scenario is if you have an college education then there's no room for you in advancement; the value of friends and low education is the key here. Don't waste your time!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible management and education level is down
I love it
Analyst Investor Reporting and Reconciliation (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2016
Great place to work for but this was a contract job that expire for me. Great management and I will surely miss this place. Very laid back
Worked at better places
Contact Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2014
Always trying to cut corners and cut costs with the employees and customers alike, which lately included letting go of 700+ people in Texas alone. The salary does not match at all the job duties and they make you do projects that never get completed or get ignored after they are done. They are just waiting to sell the company again so don't work for these people if you are a long-term career-minded individual. You are not retiring from here.
Pros
Cons
Very high-school drama culture, promotion of favorites, no job security and no flexibility of schedule
Great start up company
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 18, 2016
Great co-workers management needs major improvement. Policy and procedures not consistent throughout departments. Not enough morale building for employees.
Open enviroment, team oriented and very friendly
Reverse Mortgage Bankruptcy Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2016
Challenging position that I enjoyed very much. Work load very demanding but loved every minute of it. Managers and co-workers were very helpful.
Pros
Could listen to music on earphones, able to take a 30 min or hour lunch.
Cons
Temporary position therefore no paid holidays.
N/a
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 29, 2016
Mortgage servicing in Austin. I've been there since 2007. The company has evolved immensely during my tenure there. I've recommended numerous friends and family to work there.
Good portfolio mix, lot of interesting products
First Vice President (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 26, 2016
As newly formed institution. Very productive work place, learned a lot from management. Great coworkers, accomplished a lot in a short window.
I was a foreclosure specialist at OneWest Bank, however when I worked there it was called IndyMac Bank.
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2012
I worked for this company when it was called IndyMac Bank. IndyMac Bank no longer exists. The company policies were very lax and some of the people who were in charge should not have been in management positions.
Pros
compensation, benefits, job security
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement, poor work culture
Many great experiences with our clients as well as co-workers
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Artesia, CAApril 1, 2013
I consider myself an expert in all types of banking needs. I have learned many things while I was at OneWest Bank. For example, I would try to build a relationship with each customer by calling them once a month. And by doing so, I have had many great customer experiences. The hardest part of my job however was when business was slow, customers would hardly come in. But during though times I would reach out to my customers by following up with them with warm calls and also would make cold calls with a list that was provided to us. I became very successful. I had brought my clients back and I developed many great trusting relationships and future ones as well. It was a very important to know that I was able to have my clients depend on me and trust me with their money. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was working together with my co-workers. We all worked so well together, helping each other out to meet our personal goals and the branch goals. It was a wonderful experience.
Pros
full benefits, paid vacation, great staffs
Cons
slow business
Loved my cowokers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2013
Work wasnt stressful at all. Great relationship with all my clients. My daily tasks was to help customers with their transaction, answer telephone, balance my cash drawer and atm. Refer products.
Computers are very slow, bank is slow. Not up to date on technology. They will rather kill you instead of giving you a raise. Your hardwork is never acknowledged. They keep promising to promote you but years go by and they dont. High turnover rate
Pros
nothing
Great family atmosphere
Quality Control Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2015
Great people, busy environment. OWB is a good company to work for but the compensation does not equal the demands of the job.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
Great place for advancement and fun to be at work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 3, 2012
OneWest Bank is a great place for advancement. The company hires from within. I think the CEO is the best CEO I have ever known and has great work ethics and an amazing personality that makes you feel not just as a co-worker but as a friend.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
have to pay for own parking fee.
Productive. Good Company to work for
Foreclosure Supervisor/Notary Public TX (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2016
One West Bank a good company to work for. They values their employees and their families. They are very accommodating to you home and work balance and they have very flexible working hours
OneWest Bank
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 15, 2016
Consistent activity. Always something to do and keep busy throughout the day
• Cash handling and accounting related information
• Depends on the department, management is acceptable
• Never had a negative situation with a co worker
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneWest Bank. Our community is ready to answer.