Concord is a senior-level IT consulting firm providing business value and technology solutions to our national client base. Through proven methodologies, deep expertise and a seasoned team of nationwide consultants, we deliver ‘world class’ solutions centered on the following practices:
- Enterprise and Integration Architecture
- Data Architecture, Warehousing and Management
- Center of Excellence Development, Quality Assurance & Testing Solutions
- Security and Compliance
- Infrastructure and Capacity Management
- Process and Program Management
Concord will work with consultants on a W2 basis or a Corp-to-Corp basis. We have a host of benefits that can be available for W2 consultants.
We are currently recruiting for the Sr. Project Manager position for our direct client:
Sr. Project Manager - contract for hire. Only US Citizens or Green Card accepted. Only candidates local to Minneapolis / St. Paul. Travel up to 50%.
Manages multiple small to medium size IT projects concurrently. Overall management and control of the projects will be governed by application of the IT Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. The PM is responsible for planning, executing, controlling and closing of all processes related to the IT project.
- Manages IT projects concurrently, using industry recognized best practices and IT Software Development Life Cycle methodology to ensure project success
- Responsible for plan, execute, control and close processes within the project life cycle, including defining scope and requirements, setting up schedules and milestones, managing resources and timelines, insuring delivery of desired outcomes, and etc.
- Works closely with Program Manager, Project Management Office, and business partners to align objectives, balance resources, and achieve deliverables
- Compiles and maintains all elements of project plans, including base-line scope, schedules, costs, work activities, resources, risks and communication management
- Reviews and manages all changes to the requirements through a formally defined change management process
- Provides leadership to the project team, outlining responsibilities, managing performance, and offering on-going direction
- Manages ongoing communication of project status, completing weekly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the stake holders, sponsors, and senior management
- Creates, maintains and executes a well-developed project plan with clear articulation of business outcomes
- Determines appropriate project approach and manages stakeholders
- Manages project scope/requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on time, risk and cost based on appropriate metrics/assumptions
- Resolves issues and conflicts, removes barriers, and implements best practices
- Acts as liaison among project team, IT Department, and business partners
- Documents and communicates the status of project progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Demonstrated experience using project management methodology/SDLC processes
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong skills in problem solving and result-oriented
- Strong business ethics, personal organization and trustworthiness
- Knowledge of business principles and practices, industry knowledge, organization and solution knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills, including facilitation, negotiation, leadership and influencing, and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and conflict resolution
- Strong skills using MS Office, including MS Word, Excel and Project