Onlineshoes.com Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working there
Call Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2017
Online shoe was a temp job but I still enjoyed my time there . The pay was ok . It help me get call center experience so that was something I liked . Also the other employees where nice and helpful
Good riddance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 27, 2017
That placed sucked. Best thing about it was the big break room and outside deck. They don't care about you or anything you may be going through. It's all about the numbers. Favoritism runs high and new people aren't valued. The pay isn't worth it.
Pros
Um
Cons
Lack of job security, low pay, HIGH turnover rate
Fun and Productive Enviornment with Exemplary Customer Service Standards
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time with this company. I was given many opportunities to learn and grow within the company and many of the skills I've acquired at this company to the caring and gracious staff that saw my potential.
Confused leadership, unpredictable environment
Product Copy Lead (Former Employee) –  seattle, waJuly 7, 2015
Terrible place to work if you have any interest in building a career. Leadership doesn't care at all about quality control or customer experience, so if you are in the creative filed, you would come away from this work experience with nothing you'd ever want to show in a portfolio. Tech employees are worked to the bone and then tossed out to the trash.

Essentially, employees are treated as objects with little to no value. The execs expect everyone to work what they call "startup hours," except that employees have none of the vested interest of working for a startup company. Salaries are less than competitive, there is no bonus, and performance reviews haven't taken place in a year and a half.

The CEO likes to say that a "violently executed plan is better than a perfect plan," which is a business approach many people will fundamentally disagree with. If you think a motto like "violently executed plan is better than a perfect plan" sounds reckless and unwise, that's because it is. Run far from this place.
Pros
The perks include a lot of alcohol on site (fun for some, obnoxious for others), and a decent employee discount.
Cons
sub-par pay, no raises, bonuses, or even performance reviews
Fast paced, high productivity environment (i.e. No Fun Zone)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2014
You go to your shared desk, sit down and log into multiple computer programs and browsers. Once you place your phone on available be prepared to sit there and talk to customers for almost your entire shift. You calls are timed so you better get them off of your line quickly as well. Oh, and don't think about using downtime because you will get a call asking you what you are doing. You do not really get much time to enjoy your co-workers as usually you are on the phone or they are. There is the occasional free lunch or breakfast donuts and treats but generally not more than 1-2 times a month if that. There was nothing to truly enjoy as you could be sent home if call volume slows, even if you had only worked 1/2 of your shift.
Pros
Lack of restrictions on the websites you could visit.
Cons
Unsteady hours make it difficult to count on a consistent amount on your paycheck.
Great environment to work in.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2014
work was always great it was always a positive setting and the co-workers were always very nice i absolutely loved working with onlineshoes.com
Pros
open breakfast for employes
Cons
short breaks
Fun company with great people!
Marketing Professional (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 7, 2013
This was a fun company to start my career! This was my first job in Seattle and I was able to make lots of good friends and meet some amazing people in the process.
Family Culture and Values
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 17, 2013
Great people to work with. A lot of laughs. Everyone works together to accomplish what needs to be done.
I enjoy my co-workers and work environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 10, 2013
I typical work day would be coming in reviewing emails and getting signed in to all of the programs needed to assist customers with their needs. At particular times of the year I learned to work with billing department and assisted them with fraud and address verification, decline queues, speaking with merchant verifications and send emails. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is career advancement. You can move up in the company in customer service but its a lateral move; meaning that more work with same pay. Not really a job that you can make a career.
Pros
overtime; ability to work from home in inclement weather; and incentives
Cons
point system; not being able to request time off during holidays, working every holiday
Managment needs improvement
Lead Photographer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2012
Not a bad place overall to work but no direction from management. I only talked to my direct supervisor 4-5 times a year.
Pros
competitive
Cons
lack of caring