Onondaga Community College Employee Reviews

Job Coach (Current Employee) –  600 South State StreetMay 3, 2017
I have worked for OCC for over 10+ years. I started from the bottom and worked myself up to the top, or pretty close. My employer allows growth within.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
More raises
Learned a lot.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 12, 2017
This was a paid student job as a security guard at Onondaga community college. Worked with officers directly, so it provided a big insight into the law enforcement world.
Good place for an adjunct
Adjunct Biology Professor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Life as a adjunct is hard but the Bio Departmetn at OCC is great. You will ahve the typical adjunt problems of classes being canceled and low pay but they do offer the possibility of benifits to adjuncts and the full time faculty are very helpful.
Nice Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I performed this duty while attending school and it was an amazing experience. I was able to gain leadership, problem solving and communication skills from performing this job. It was very rewarding.
American Sign Language tutor
American Sign Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 27, 2016
Tutoring students of American Sign Language . Engaging in conversations with students to improve Sign skills and receptive skills. Reviewing vocabulary and helping with homework if necessary.
Pros
Using American Sign Language
Cons
No break
it was a good experience
Business Admin (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 11, 2016
good experience, good teachers and great staff. i would recommend going there for school. I learned a lot from there and got the knowledge i needed to get good grades and went far.
Excellent.
Assistant Project Director (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 3, 2016
They are excellent with there employees and they are pretty much flexible with the work. The good thing about working there is that you can study and work together as permeant employee.
Great College!!!
Student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 11, 2016
Got my degree in two years and was able to find work quick. All the teachers and staff are very helpful if you have the time and put in your own effort.
Very Friendly
American Sign Language Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 11, 2016
one of my favorite places of employment and in the most friendly school environment. My supervisors are wonderful and very sensitive to people's needs. My co workers are easy to work with and we welcome feedback for our work.
college
Music Student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 24, 2016
I went to college at occ for music. I had a 3.9 GPA but injured my hand and had to leave due to medical reasons. I still love playing music but it is just a hobby now and not a career
Nice place to work
Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 22, 2016
Technical classes were very difficult for Manager to fill up. So we struggled with rescheduling classes most of the time.
Enjoy work
Mathematics and Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 26, 2016
the Job was great. I enjoyed working with people because i learned from there. I learned how to deal with customers, how to stay calm in difficult moment.
Studying and hardwork
RN enrollment (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 8, 2016
I go to school in the morning and start my classes. Learning how to become in RN. Loved my classmates as well as my instructors. And I also love learning new things.
Pros
Alot of help offered
Cons
To many Classes
Fine work establishment
Biology Tutoring Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Onondaga County, NYNovember 8, 2015
Very flexible work experience, good balance with studies and general living. Coworkers are extremely friendly and understanding, helpful in situations needing adjunct knowledge in certain areas of tutoring.
Every day was different, fast paced and busy.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athletic Department-SRC CenterOctober 5, 2015
Everyday was different which was nice. Learned about all the different event that the SRC event center on the OCC campus hosted and saw how they where able to transform the center from one event to the next quickly. The facuility for the athletics is top of the line.
Pros
Working with the coaches and athletes
It was a good working environment with the staff and colleagues in other departments.
Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 16, 2015
It was a great office to work in. I was never doing the same thing every day. I was able to work at my desk as necessary and work events in different buildings/on campus. Although it was a part time job, I did learn about about scheduling and running events.
Busy and Productive
Housing and Development Corporation Custodian (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 4, 2015
A typical day in the college resident halls can be surprising. Besides cleaning and work orders an emergency call can be brought to my attention at any given moment.
Overall a great place to work. Caring and supportive staff for attending students
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 23, 2015
Wonderful diverse staff that collectively shares in the interests of students and employees needs. Works around the needs of employees and strides to find harmony in the work environment for all.
Pros
Great view of the city, safe and friendly environment
Cons
parking can be a challenge due to space limitations
Always looking over your sholder
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 18, 2015
Management needs to work in basket making as they have no talent in IT or Higher Education.

Co-works are awesome!
Going home is the best part of the day
Student
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 2, 2015
I was a student receiving VA benefits that allowed me to focus solely on school rather than working. I learned a wide range of computer skills and found the career field that fits me best.
Pros
Schedule, Income
Cons
School breaks halt pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Onondaga Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3