Onondaga Community College Employee Reviews

Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
Good place to work. Friendly people, good benefits. A great place for students’ fresh out of highschool to attend if they are unsure what to major in. Faculty are great and knowledgeable.
Acceptable for new students
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
pays decent for young and new students. Hours are flexible to assistant advisors so classes and any other activities within reason can be accommodated.
It was very fun and helpful for future.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 15, 2017
It was a job not only working at the lab, also it required some customer service as a part of the work when I helped out at the retail shop. I've learned I should know more about my major and answer every question about our department. Although sometimes I didn't even have time to break, seeing the result of my hard work made me very happy. I think this is the point of the work!!
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  600 South State StreetMay 3, 2017
I have worked for OCC for over 10+ years. I started from the bottom and worked myself up to the top, or pretty close. My employer allows growth within.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
More raises
Residence Life Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 21, 2017
An average day at work was me entering data into the computer. Filing new students files that enter the college, and fixing old files. Also assisting who came in the office.
Learned a lot.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 12, 2017
This was a paid student job as a security guard at Onondaga community college. Worked with officers directly, so it provided a big insight into the law enforcement world.
Good place for an adjunct
Adjunct Biology Professor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Life as a adjunct is hard but the Bio Departmetn at OCC is great. You will ahve the typical adjunt problems of classes being canceled and low pay but they do offer the possibility of benifits to adjuncts and the full time faculty are very helpful.
Nice Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I performed this duty while attending school and it was an amazing experience. I was able to gain leadership, problem solving and communication skills from performing this job. It was very rewarding.
American Sign Language tutor
American Sign Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 27, 2016
Tutoring students of American Sign Language . Engaging in conversations with students to improve Sign skills and receptive skills. Reviewing vocabulary and helping with homework if necessary.
Pros
Using American Sign Language
Cons
No break
it was a good experience
Business Admin (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 11, 2016
good experience, good teachers and great staff. i would recommend going there for school. I learned a lot from there and got the knowledge i needed to get good grades and went far.
Excellent.
Assistant Project Director (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 3, 2016
They are excellent with there employees and they are pretty much flexible with the work. The good thing about working there is that you can study and work together as permeant employee.
Great College!!!
Student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 11, 2016
Got my degree in two years and was able to find work quick. All the teachers and staff are very helpful if you have the time and put in your own effort.
Very Friendly
American Sign Language Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 11, 2016
one of my favorite places of employment and in the most friendly school environment. My supervisors are wonderful and very sensitive to people's needs. My co workers are easy to work with and we welcome feedback for our work.
college
Music Student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 24, 2016
I went to college at occ for music. I had a 3.9 GPA but injured my hand and had to leave due to medical reasons. I still love playing music but it is just a hobby now and not a career
Nice place to work
Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 22, 2016
Technical classes were very difficult for Manager to fill up. So we struggled with rescheduling classes most of the time.
Enjoy work
Mathematics and Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 26, 2016
the Job was great. I enjoyed working with people because i learned from there. I learned how to deal with customers, how to stay calm in difficult moment.
Studying and hardwork
RN enrollment (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 8, 2016
I go to school in the morning and start my classes. Learning how to become in RN. Loved my classmates as well as my instructors. And I also love learning new things.
Pros
Alot of help offered
Cons
To many Classes
Fine work establishment
Biology Tutoring Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Onondaga County, NYNovember 8, 2015
Very flexible work experience, good balance with studies and general living. Coworkers are extremely friendly and understanding, helpful in situations needing adjunct knowledge in certain areas of tutoring.
Every day was different, fast paced and busy.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athletic Department-SRC CenterOctober 5, 2015
Everyday was different which was nice. Learned about all the different event that the SRC event center on the OCC campus hosted and saw how they where able to transform the center from one event to the next quickly. The facuility for the athletics is top of the line.
Pros
Working with the coaches and athletes
It was a good working environment with the staff and colleagues in other departments.
Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 16, 2015
It was a great office to work in. I was never doing the same thing every day. I was able to work at my desk as necessary and work events in different buildings/on campus. Although it was a part time job, I did learn about about scheduling and running events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Onondaga Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2