Onondaga Community College Employee Reviews

American Sign Language tutor
American Sign Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 27, 2016
Tutoring students of American Sign Language . Engaging in conversations with students to improve Sign skills and receptive skills. Reviewing vocabulary and helping with homework if necessary.
Pros
Using American Sign Language
Cons
No break
Excellent.
Assistant Project Director (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 3, 2016
They are excellent with there employees and they are pretty much flexible with the work. The good thing about working there is that you can study and work together as permeant employee.
it was a good experience
Business Admin (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 11, 2016
good experience, good teachers and great staff. i would recommend going there for school. I learned a lot from there and got the knowledge i needed to get good grades and went far.
Great College!!!
Student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 11, 2016
Got my degree in two years and was able to find work quick. All the teachers and staff are very helpful if you have the time and put in your own effort.
Very Friendly
American Sign Language Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 11, 2016
one of my favorite places of employment and in the most friendly school environment. My supervisors are wonderful and very sensitive to people's needs. My co workers are easy to work with and we welcome feedback for our work.
college
Music Student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 24, 2016
I went to college at occ for music. I had a 3.9 GPA but injured my hand and had to leave due to medical reasons. I still love playing music but it is just a hobby now and not a career
Nice place to work
Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 22, 2016
Technical classes were very difficult for Manager to fill up. So we struggled with rescheduling classes most of the time.
Studying and hardwork
RN enrollment (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 8, 2016
I go to school in the morning and start my classes. Learning how to become in RN. Loved my classmates as well as my instructors. And I also love learning new things.
Pros
Alot of help offered
Cons
To many Classes
Enjoy work
Mathematics and Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 26, 2016
the Job was great. I enjoyed working with people because i learned from there. I learned how to deal with customers, how to stay calm in difficult moment.
Every day was different, fast paced and busy.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athletic Department-SRC CenterOctober 5, 2015
Everyday was different which was nice. Learned about all the different event that the SRC event center on the OCC campus hosted and saw how they where able to transform the center from one event to the next quickly. The facuility for the athletics is top of the line.
Pros
Working with the coaches and athletes
Fine work establishment
Biology Tutoring Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Onondaga County, NYNovember 8, 2015
Very flexible work experience, good balance with studies and general living. Coworkers are extremely friendly and understanding, helpful in situations needing adjunct knowledge in certain areas of tutoring.
It was a good working environment with the staff and colleagues in other departments.
Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 16, 2015
It was a great office to work in. I was never doing the same thing every day. I was able to work at my desk as necessary and work events in different buildings/on campus. Although it was a part time job, I did learn about about scheduling and running events.
Overall a great place to work. Caring and supportive staff for attending students
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 23, 2015
Wonderful diverse staff that collectively shares in the interests of students and employees needs. Works around the needs of employees and strides to find harmony in the work environment for all.
Pros
Great view of the city, safe and friendly environment
Cons
parking can be a challenge due to space limitations
Busy and Productive
Housing and Development Corporation Custodian (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 4, 2015
A typical day in the college resident halls can be surprising. Besides cleaning and work orders an emergency call can be brought to my attention at any given moment.
Your Average College Job for Pocket Change
Computer Science Tutor and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 14, 2013
As a tutor, I was assigned a single student for his relational database course. It was one on one, and I love teaching. But it was 1 hour per week, enough work to buy my lunch that day.

As a lab assistant, I worked a couple hours a week just hanging out in the computer lab assisting computer students with their homework or computer troubles. There was a schedule for bringing the mobile computer setup into classrooms for various classes. Not bad a bad experience since I got to work on my homework and play chess a lot.
Pros
Get homework done while working, low stress, good pocket change
Cons
The realization that you're just a grunt
Fun and diverse atmoshpere
Department Aide (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 9, 2012
I love my job. I love how versatile the staff is and the attitudes people have that work with me. I can literally not like what is being talked about in one room and then go in another room and decide if I want to be a part of this conversation or the one I was before. I love that everyone is always open to criticism. I haven't gotten to an advancement position in my job to tell you enough about it. I have learned so much information. I find that students have so much that they need help with you have to talk them through the process and in the end, its the details of how you handle the subject that help the student feel better about everything.
Pros
very flexible with your schedule
Overall good place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  DevelopmentOctober 10, 2012
Lots of great people work here, all with a purpose to help provide one of the best educational experiences for those who come here to learn. College is currently seeking a new president. If you like working with students this could be the perfect place for you!
Pros
modern campus, great colleagues, one of the fastest growing, top-rated community colleges in the nation
Cons
department & division changes occur frequently, many recent moves and terminations, particlarly in the new affiliated enterprises division.
Student
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 2, 2015
I was a student receiving VA benefits that allowed me to focus solely on school rather than working. I learned a wide range of computer skills and found the career field that fits me best.
Pros
Schedule, Income
Cons
School breaks halt pay
Night Clerk
Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 18, 2015
Interesting job, It helped me gain more experience such as learning how to check people in and out on a specific computer application.
Pros
Benefited to gain experience on desk and security work, Alot of down time
Cons
Late Nights/Mornings
A great way for youth to empower themselves
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 1, 2013
OCC offers many interesting degree programs for all ages
they also have in my opinion the best support services for any student. such as writing center. there are also many fun clubs and activities for every one to engage in, such as the newly built YMCA center.
Pros
excellent support and low tution

4.4