Onslow Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoed my employment at Onslow Memorial Hospital
Lead Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 5, 2017
I enjoyed and was very grateful for my job at Onslow Memorial Hospital! Very sad when I had to leave and move back to Michigan.I didn't have a choice my house is here in Michigan and most of my family.
Be vary wary of everything in this place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 30, 2017
I worked in the kitchen. The manager is very condescending and thinks he knows everything. The only problem is he knows nothing. Sells bad food to patients and staff. Many health code violations. Roaches, storage of food on the floor. This guy had no clue what was going on..ever. If you or your loved ones have to get care, i would definitely go elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits were great
Cons
Never had right equipment to do your job, dirty work environment, poorly run kitchen
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 27, 2017
Very busy and faced paced. I learned how to take care of colostomy bags,trac's and most of my hands on there. The most enjoyable part of my job was the environment always changed. Your situation with each patient was different.
Pros
I had a great tream
Cons
Short breaks.
Onslow where people care
Emergency Room RN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 25, 2017
busy ER with large variance in population, the biggest negative is you rarely get a lunch break, often short staffed. New Manager is very good , family oriented and positive influence for all.
Cons
rarely receive lunch break
Omh
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 18, 2017
Typical work day was stressful. My skills were not progressive at this facility. Management required full time RN's to work 4-5 days a week. The culture of the facility is not there.
Great place to learn and acquire experience
CNA II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 17, 2017
Great place to learn job skills right after school. Full-time employees work 3x12h shifts two weeks a month, and 4x12h shifts the other two weeks. Part-time employees work 2x 12h shifts two weeks a month, and 3x12h shifts the other two.Workload at the times is overwhelming. Great team work, the people that work at OMH are the greatest asset the hospital have. Continuing ed courses are provided through the education dep, also there is place for advancement for those to seek opportunities for other jobs in the health care field.
Pros
Team work, flexibility for switching night shift to days, full-time to part-time to prn, switching between departments, extra shifts
Cons
Overworked, 12h instead to 8h, low hourly pay
Good educational environment
STERILE PROCESSING AND DISTRIBUTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Loved the job. Had lots of experience working directly with the OR personnel and the instrumentation used during surgery. Rotated between Central Sterile, Supply and laundry room to provide assistance to all departments within the facility as well as partners clinics outside.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Some of the people.
Had the pleasure of working in a very fast-paced and competitive environment. Every day was a challenge yet a wonerful experience
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 20, 2017
I would highly recommend employment at this hospital. A wonderful staff oh nurses and physicians an an d exciting place to gain extra experience. Had the pleasure of meeting new people every day. Procedures are followed accurately Ann's in a timely fashion.
Fun high paced enviornment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 20, 2017
I absolutely loved working in the ER. Every shift i went in to was a new adventure. Im a hard worker and the ER definitely kept me on my toes and kept me moving. I live to help people and thats exactly what i did overtime i walked into the building.
Busy at times but great team work.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 12, 2017
At Onslow Memorial hospital a day is filled with dealing with really sick patients and their family members to psyche patients who are in severe crisis. Patients can also come in ETOH as well as drug induced.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
not a paid lunch, cafeteria food has gone downhill.
Fun
Radiology Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 11, 2017
It was a different type of job that I was used to. But I enjoyed every moment. The staff was great and the supervisors were great too. The doctors were amazing..
Stressful & not thoughtful
LPN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 22, 2017
Very stressful to work under the management that did not support their staff with regards to patients. They would say one thing and do an entirely opposite of what they said.
Work Place
Preadmissions Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 9, 2017
Onslow was a good job during my time there. There just wasn't any advancement opportunities for anyone that wasn't considered in the loop. I was stuck at a PreAdmission secretary for a very long time. When an opportunity came up for me to use my degree that I received I took it and was very happy.
Nice Place To Work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 7, 2017
I haven't worked at Onslow Memorial very long, but I love working here. Everyone is very nice and everyone works together.

A typical day at work, I get to work about 1045am, my shift starts at 11am. I give lunches, give breaks, and do cases that continue on after 3pm. The hardest part of the job is the hours, i'm used to working 7-3 and here i'm working 11-730. I love the people I work with.
Pros
They give out free lunch vouchers every so often
Cons
Not many surgeries, small hospital
Understaffed and overworked
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 15, 2017
Youre always called in because the hospital is always understaffed. The patient/nurse ratios are not safe. You work your butt off for minimum pay. If you can find a job at another facility, do it.
Great staff but huge problem with leadership misleading community
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 13, 2017
Not recommend if you have a family life or need dependable income. Pays VP positions very well and the buddy system is very active in promoting and creating new VP and management positions. The board that governs should look into this ask how many nurses have quit and in what time frame??. Over 40 in a month??? Health care providers are not well taken care of either with pay or work atmosphere. Very stressful place to work and not recommended. Since they are the only hospital in Jacksonville they don't seem to mind how employees are treated.
Pros
Patients that come really need a place that cares. The staff does the best with resources availble.
Cons
Could not openly discuss pay and commpensation, awards, employee verse management pay differences.
Poor environment
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 10, 2017
Would not recommend anyone to work here. Office politics foster a negative and demeaning environment. Little if any recognition for doing the right thing. HIPAA compliance is lacking as well as adherence to Joint Commission Regulations. Facility has been investigated at several levels for patient mishandling. Management is key and lacking in supervision. CEO is unaware or ignores essential issues affecting both personnel and patients alike.
Depends on unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  JvilleJune 21, 2017
Depending on management and unit employees, work can either be awesome and great to go to, or not so good. Its about your attitude and how well you are able to work with bad ones!
fun
Operating Room Transporter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 7, 2017
i would get the or room ready for surgery then go get the patient.then clean the or room for the surgery we had 3 rooms. i had to put the supplies away and laundry. and had to be on call one weekend a month.
Pros
bonus
Cons
Very good place to work!!
/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 28, 2017
Very good place to work! We are all like a big family here! Love my job and my work family!! And an big thank you to Dr Deal for all the new things you have done for us!!!
Pros
Careing people
Cons
Can be stressful but all jobs are that way