Onslow Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Work Place
Preadmissions Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 9, 2017
Onslow was a good job during my time there. There just wasn't any advancement opportunities for anyone that wasn't considered in the loop. I was stuck at a PreAdmission secretary for a very long time. When an opportunity came up for me to use my degree that I received I took it and was very happy.
Nice Place To Work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 7, 2017
I haven't worked at Onslow Memorial very long, but I love working here. Everyone is very nice and everyone works together.

A typical day at work, I get to work about 1045am, my shift starts at 11am. I give lunches, give breaks, and do cases that continue on after 3pm. The hardest part of the job is the hours, i'm used to working 7-3 and here i'm working 11-730. I love the people I work with.
Pros
They give out free lunch vouchers every so often
Cons
Not many surgeries, small hospital
Understaffed and overworked
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 15, 2017
Youre always called in because the hospital is always understaffed. The patient/nurse ratios are not safe. You work your butt off for minimum pay. If you can find a job at another facility, do it.
Great staff but huge problem with leadership misleading community
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 13, 2017
Not recommend if you have a family life or need dependable income. Pays VP positions very well and the buddy system is very active in promoting and creating new VP and management positions. The board that governs should look into this ask how many nurses have quit and in what time frame??. Over 40 in a month??? Health care providers are not well taken care of either with pay or work atmosphere. Very stressful place to work and not recommended. Since they are the only hospital in Jacksonville they don't seem to mind how employees are treated.
Pros
Patients that come really need a place that cares. The staff does the best with resources availble.
Cons
Could not openly discuss pay and commpensation, awards, employee verse management pay differences.
Poor environment
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 10, 2017
Would not recommend anyone to work here. Office politics foster a negative and demeaning environment. Little if any recognition for doing the right thing. HIPAA compliance is lacking as well as adherence to Joint Commission Regulations. Facility has been investigated at several levels for patient mishandling. Management is key and lacking in supervision. CEO is unaware or ignores essential issues affecting both personnel and patients alike.
Depends on unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  JvilleJune 21, 2017
Depending on management and unit employees, work can either be awesome and great to go to, or not so good. Its about your attitude and how well you are able to work with bad ones!
fun
Operating Room Transporter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 7, 2017
i would get the or room ready for surgery then go get the patient.then clean the or room for the surgery we had 3 rooms. i had to put the supplies away and laundry. and had to be on call one weekend a month.
Pros
bonus
Cons
Very good place to work!!
/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 28, 2017
Very good place to work! We are all like a big family here! Love my job and my work family!! And an big thank you to Dr Deal for all the new things you have done for us!!!
Pros
Careing people
Cons
Can be stressful but all jobs are that way
Rude people
ER Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 27, 2017
Most of the people I worked with there were not very nice. If you do not come from a military family you are shunned. Its like high school all over again.
Student
Radiologic Technologist student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 22, 2017
I was a a Radiography Student at Onslow Memorial Hospital. I really enjoyed working with the staff there. Everyone Was extremely friendly and willing to help the students as needed.
Excellent place to work. There is great potential for growth and increasing self knowledge.
Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 15, 2017
Very busy, always going and moving. I learn something every day from how to deal with difficult people to how to handle a disaster. The management is all different and made of different styles. I was able to see which styles I wanted to emulate and which ones I did not want to learn. The culture was friendly and motivating for me. The hardest part of the job was learning to interact with the different personalities I came into contact with so that a positive outcome was accomplished. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my job made a difference in some patients life.
Pros
working with patients on a daily basis
Cons
dealing with unpredicatable personalities & situations
Fun but stressful at times
Perioperative RN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 5, 2017
It is a good place to work and management is awesome. But there are some cutthroat people there and if you can get past them, it is okay. The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendly people.
Fast paced and loving environment.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 14, 2017
Working at Onslow Memorial Hospital has been a great experience and I have been provided the opportunity to learn a lot about myself and my community.
Great place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work, I learned a lot and saw all kinds of stuff. When I was there I could only get a part time shift and I needed insurance and benefits. I juggled two jobs for a while before going straight with the doctors office.
The company is fairly family oriented
Emergency preparedness specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 9, 2017
Seen many things in this company for the better and are now striving to reach goals. Overall pretty good company to work for
Very rewarding and high pace
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 8, 2017
Very rewarding and high pace daily routine. Most enjoyable part of my job was assisting the patient's in their care to recovery.
Pros
great benefits
great work experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 4, 2016
Wanderfull people respectul and understanding willing to help you when needed. Great environment the clean and always happy to go in when asked to come in to cover for another shift.
Worst facility I've ever worked for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 4, 2016
Facility does not care about their employees. Recently did away with pension plan. I have witnessed employees being wrongfully terminated, despite facility being short staffed. Unsafe work conditions and staffing ratios.
Productive and fun
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 18, 2016
Everyone was so amazingly helpful. This hospital was a small hospital so the workload was really based on the ER. The instrumentation used I've already worked on. The hardest part of my job was the blood gases.
Loving and caring nursery
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 6, 2016
My day starts by having report, then start taking vital signs, change linen, and make sure baby is clean. After the doctor has seen the baby, I walk the babies out to their room. I write for the nurses when doing an admission. I bath the new babies to get ready to go out their parents. I also preform newborn state hearing screens on the babies. The best part of my job is the way everyone in the nursery works as a team. I enjoy working with the babies.
Pros
good benifits