OnStaff USA Employee Reviews

been calling for 15 years
None (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MIJanuary 16, 2018
I've been calling onstaff for almost 15 years now and they still never offer me a job I just don't understand what the problem is why can't I have the chance to prove my worth to the company
The team at on staff is definitely there to help you
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Stryker Medical assemblerDecember 29, 2017
Aside from a few minor miscommunications between the temp service team and the company I am currently contracted to the services provided to myself by On Staff USA are top notch. They do offer health care to the employees they place in companies, also several of the options you have to choose from are actual career opportunities. I would definitely suggest this temp service to anyone that is out of work and down on their luck finding a real job.
Pros
Friendly people in the office, interviews are quick and professional, many careers to choose from
Cons
slight miscommunications between the agency and the companies can be confusing but not overwhelming
Clean work place, lack of production getting done
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 7, 2017
Management, team leaders ATL, associates treated temps like children. Overall they give good benefits. 401k is about it, some people are nice. Some aren’t so friendly.
Pros
Nice food
Cons
Short breaks
Great work environment
Fire Keepers Casino Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 14, 2017
The people that I worked with made work feel easy. We would work well together as a team to complete the tasks that were given to us. While doing our job efficiently we served guest to the best of our ability
Fast Placement
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 2, 2017
Fast placement but a very poor work/life balance. The compensation is still $10/hr after 10 plus years working with the agency. Mandatory overtime and other unrealistic requirements make it difficult to guarantee job security
Very Efficient Process
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 15, 2017
In less than a week I was contacted for job placement. I was given multiple choices of places to work and was counseled on where might be the best fit. By the following Monday I was working full time.
Been several years
Administrative Assistant - Tax (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 17, 2017
Don't feel I can provide a fair review due to length of time away from On Staff. Previous employee used On Staff to hire temporary staff and were pleased with results.
Hark Orchids assignment is terrible. Avoid at all costs!
Victim (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 23, 2017
Hark Orchids is a terrible job assignment. You are treated like a prisoner. The pay if awful. The morale is low. The work is boring, mundane, awful. Doesn't follow the law. Cheat you, humiliate you. Avoid hark orchids. Management is ignorant, uses condescension and humiliation as motivators....yes, I said as motivators. Just horrible management. Discriminatory practices and treat women horribly.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, culture
Quick job placement and good pay
Welder (Current Employee) –  Bridgman, MIFebruary 11, 2017
I was contacted less than 24 hours after I applied and within two days I had everything completed including the interview and well test. Started work the very next week. They got me to work fast and at a good wage. I'm very satisfied so far
Pros
Fast job placement and good wage
Cons
Not many jobs to choose from
onstaff puts you to work right away but it's as a temp
Temp for Hire (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 29, 2016
As of now I'm laid off from my current assignment
I liked working at the place for which I was assigned
the money was good and I got paid every week as a bones
Not a good temp company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIDecember 1, 2016
I worked for them 2 days last winter- had bad weather - I called and told them I couldn't make it in- they said ok. Then later, I found out they were letting me go because I didn't go in and they lied about my compensation. They paid me 2 dollars less than hour than they quoted me when I took the job.

I have worked for quite a few temp agencies, and they are horrible.
Cons
Lied about hourly wage
Terrible people
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIAugust 1, 2016
Got a job through on staff said I would be making good money, started right away and worked every day for two and a half weeks. Finally got paid, but only for two days!! Not even enough for gas! I called and they were not helpful! I left so fast. Will not be going back.
Pros
Cons
They lie to your face. Still owe me money
bad
Great hand skills and quick learner (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 24, 2016
Messages do not get passed along very well. I needed to call in with appropriate medical documentation. I called the office like i was told but they did not relay that message to the factory so they put that down as a no call no show.
Pros
pay
Cons
communication
it was a staffing agency
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 28, 2016
i learned about all kinds of different metals and their properties. the management was pretty decent i think it still needed some work but it seemed like they were headed in the right direction. my co workers were pretty good people some of them were kind of lazy when it actually came to working. the hardest part of a typical day was babysitting grown men. constantly having to tell people that had been there for twice as long as me where things need to go. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get my work done and feel like i accomplished something at the end of the day
Pros
benefits were good, my coworkers were good people and onstaff had me working pretty quickly after i first applied
Cons
no communication
Assembler
Stryker (Current Employee) –  poratageJuly 26, 2015
I wok with one person across from me while we put the bed together. We get to listen to music. We have to make a certain amount of beds everyday. My co-workers are great. There is no hard part.
Pros
good hours
Clerical
Clerical/Office Support (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 8, 2015
OnStaff USA is a good place to be employed by. They work hard to get you in long-term assignments. They review your qualifications and help place you in a position that you will be successful in. Hopefully, you will be employed by the employer after the assignment ends.
Pros
Long-term assignments
Cons
No Benefits
Fun fast paced environment
Repair Tech Stryker Instruments (Former Employee) –  portage michigan 49002April 27, 2015
Great team work with a focus on customer satisfaction and employee appreciation. Team focused with goal based incentives. Enjoyable team mates and fun team building exercises.
press operator/assembler
Operator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 7, 2015
packed parts coming off the press and doing quality inspection
when on a line I helped assemble parts and then pack them
management supervisors always conflicted
hardest part was when the press would break and you didn't make quota
enjoyable part was the people you worked with
Pros
job experience
Cons
management conflicts
Typical Staffing company
Admin Assist/CSR (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 1, 2014
OS is a typical staffing agency. Like others have said, they tend to place ads just to "pad" their monthly numbers. When it comes to applying for a position you never know if it's a legit one or not. When you do find a position that you're qualified for & try to apply on line, you get a message to contact the office.
Pros
Love the Front Desk Admin Assist..she's wonderful
Cons
too many to list
Temporary Agency
Assistant, and receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 4, 2013
While working through OnStaff I was offered a few different temp positions, they worked with me on finding the right job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OnStaff USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9