OnStaff USA Employee Reviews

Been several years
Administrative Assistant - Tax (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 17, 2017
Don't feel I can provide a fair review due to length of time away from On Staff. Previous employee used On Staff to hire temporary staff and were pleased with results.
Hark Orchids assignment is terrible. Avoid at all costs!
Victim (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 23, 2017
Hark Orchids is a terrible job assignment. You are treated like a prisoner. The pay if awful. The morale is low. The work is boring, mundane, awful. Doesn't follow the law. Cheat you, humiliate you. Avoid hark orchids. Management is ignorant, uses condescension and humiliation as motivators....yes, I said as motivators. Just horrible management. Discriminatory practices and treat women horribly.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, culture
Quick job placement and good pay
Welder (Current Employee) –  Bridgman, MIFebruary 11, 2017
I was contacted less than 24 hours after I applied and within two days I had everything completed including the interview and well test. Started work the very next week. They got me to work fast and at a good wage. I'm very satisfied so far
Pros
Fast job placement and good wage
Cons
Not many jobs to choose from
onstaff puts you to work right away but it's as a temp
Temp for Hire (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 29, 2016
As of now I'm laid off from my current assignment
I liked working at the place for which I was assigned
the money was good and I got paid every week as a bones
Not a good temp company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIDecember 1, 2016
I worked for them 2 days last winter- had bad weather - I called and told them I couldn't make it in- they said ok. Then later, I found out they were letting me go because I didn't go in and they lied about my compensation. They paid me 2 dollars less than hour than they quoted me when I took the job.

I have worked for quite a few temp agencies, and they are horrible.
Cons
Lied about hourly wage
Terrible people
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIAugust 1, 2016
Got a job through on staff said I would be making good money, started right away and worked every day for two and a half weeks. Finally got paid, but only for two days!! Not even enough for gas! I called and they were not helpful! I left so fast. Will not be going back.
Pros
Cons
They lie to your face. Still owe me money
bad
Great hand skills and quick learner (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 24, 2016
Messages do not get passed along very well. I needed to call in with appropriate medical documentation. I called the office like i was told but they did not relay that message to the factory so they put that down as a no call no show.
Pros
pay
Cons
communication
it was a staffing agency
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 28, 2016
i learned about all kinds of different metals and their properties. the management was pretty decent i think it still needed some work but it seemed like they were headed in the right direction. my co workers were pretty good people some of them were kind of lazy when it actually came to working. the hardest part of a typical day was babysitting grown men. constantly having to tell people that had been there for twice as long as me where things need to go. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get my work done and feel like i accomplished something at the end of the day
Pros
benefits were good, my coworkers were good people and onstaff had me working pretty quickly after i first applied
Cons
no communication
Assembler
Stryker (Current Employee) –  poratageJuly 26, 2015
I wok with one person across from me while we put the bed together. We get to listen to music. We have to make a certain amount of beds everyday. My co-workers are great. There is no hard part.
Pros
good hours
Clerical
Clerical/Office Support (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 8, 2015
OnStaff USA is a good place to be employed by. They work hard to get you in long-term assignments. They review your qualifications and help place you in a position that you will be successful in. Hopefully, you will be employed by the employer after the assignment ends.
Pros
Long-term assignments
Cons
No Benefits
Fun fast paced environment
Repair Tech Stryker Instruments (Former Employee) –  portage michigan 49002April 27, 2015
Great team work with a focus on customer satisfaction and employee appreciation. Team focused with goal based incentives. Enjoyable team mates and fun team building exercises.
press operator/assembler
Operator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 7, 2015
packed parts coming off the press and doing quality inspection
when on a line I helped assemble parts and then pack them
management supervisors always conflicted
hardest part was when the press would break and you didn't make quota
enjoyable part was the people you worked with
Pros
job experience
Cons
management conflicts
Typical Staffing company
Admin Assist/CSR (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 1, 2014
OS is a typical staffing agency. Like others have said, they tend to place ads just to "pad" their monthly numbers. When it comes to applying for a position you never know if it's a legit one or not. When you do find a position that you're qualified for & try to apply on line, you get a message to contact the office.
Pros
Love the Front Desk Admin Assist..she's wonderful
Cons
too many to list
Temporary Agency
Assistant, and receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 4, 2013
While working through OnStaff I was offered a few different temp positions, they worked with me on finding the right job.
ignored, lied to, misinformed and treated badly in general
Someone attempting to be taken seriously. (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 2, 2013
I'm not even sure where to begin. I saw a posting that I was interested in but, the website wouldn't let me apply (that should have been my first clue) so, I called the office and was connected to a receptionist who was clearly having a bad day. I had several questions and all she would say is "I'll let a recruiter know" over and over and she then pretty much hung up on me. I found an alternate number and was told that my resume would be sent in to the employer and, I was then given an appointment with OnStaff for their preliminary screening. I showed up to my appointment to discover that they had double booked and that I needed paperwork that I didn't have because they never told me that I needed to bring it. They proceeded to treat me like a criminal and an idiot. I don't need a lecture on MSDS, I have OSHA training, it's in my resume. Turns out that the position had been "filled" and my resume hadn't been sent in. Suddenly, everyone was terribly concerned about every little detail that the position entailed and whether or not I could handle it despite my current job being excessivly more complicated. "It involves alot of heavy lifting" Well, shucks, I don't know anyone in an industrial power profession who has to handle heavy pieces of equiptment...Oh right, they never actually read my resume. I don't think their clients would be pleased by this lazy vetting process. The answers to my questions were all incredibly criptic and I have a feeling that if I had managed to get a job through them, I would have shown up severely unprepaired due to their inattention to detail. This  more... whole fiasco ended with them telling me that they would wait to hear back from the prospective employer and then set me up with an interview. Sure.

To top it all off, while I was waiting my turn (how do appointments work again?) I overheard one staffer tell an assistant "Oh, I didn't like her. If she calls back, just tell her that we don't have any positions available."

She says this in front of an office full of people trying to get back to work as if we were all invisible. We can hear you!

Save yourself some aggrevation and gas money and find an agency that treats job seekers like human beings. They do exist.
Pros
Free heat for two hours.
Cons
Massive egos.
staffing place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 9, 2013
it was ok. its a staffing place not much to tell. you get placed but there is no way of knowing if you could be keeping the job your given. the people were ok and nice.
Pros
helps place you in a job
Cons
no way of knowing if you keep the job your at
Very Mismanaged
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 31, 2013
Does not alert or keep you in touch of a jobs interests in you and very mismanaged. I had to look online to find their location for the first interview. Only one person that knows what is going on and often not in the office.
Pros
Their just trying to get their name into the job world.
Cons
Lacks professionalism.
very fast paced
operator (Current Employee) –  battle creekMay 29, 2013
a typical day at hi lex, this is the company onstaff sent me to work at was pretty basic i would put ex stutter buttons on a brake cable and was required to high a certain number every night. they wanted at least a 1000 parts. we where also required to check the station before ours process as well to make sure there was no defects.
Pros
the parts where not heavy
Cons
health care
They just advertise to increase their numbers.
none (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 3, 2013
I have gone here on more than one occasion..and called after applying to positions. They "never have anything". And I hear that from more than one. Typical, placement service. Promise the moon and deliver nothing.
slow moving, lying discrimating people
unemployed (Former Employee) –  kalamazooFebruary 21, 2013
Onstaff will not place anyone with anykind of record with felonies, you can fill out an application and take the tests, but you will never get placed.
Cons
wages low, typical temp agency feels they dont need to work for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OnStaff USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8