OnStaff USA

OnStaff USA Employer Reviews

Typical Staffing company
Admin Assist/CSR (Former Employee), Portage, MIMay 1, 2014
Pros: love the front desk admin assist..she's wonderful
Cons: too many to list
OS is a typical staffing agency. Like others have said, they tend to place ads just to "pad" their monthly numbers. When it comes to applying for a position you never know if it's a legit one or not. When you do find a position that you're qualified for & try to apply on line, you get a message to contact the office.
Temporary Agency
Assistant, and receptionist (Former Employee), Portage, MIDecember 4, 2013
While working through OnStaff I was offered a few different temp positions, they worked with me on finding the right job.
ignored, lied to, misinformed and treated badly in general
Someone attempting to be taken seriously. (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MINovember 2, 2013
Pros: free heat for two hours.
Cons: massive egos.
I'm not even sure where to begin. I saw a posting that I was interested in but, the website wouldn't let me apply (that should have been my first clue) so, I called the office and was connected to a receptionist who was clearly having a bad day. I had several questions and all she would say is "I'll let a recruiter know" over and over and she then pretty – more... much hung up on me. I found an alternate number and was told that my resume would be sent in to the employer and, I was then given an appointment with OnStaff for their preliminary screening. I showed up to my appointment to discover that they had double booked and that I needed paperwork that I didn't have because they never told me that I needed to bring it. They proceeded to treat me like a criminal and an idiot. I don't need a lecture on MSDS, I have OSHA training, it's in my resume. Turns out that the position had been "filled" and my resume hadn't been sent in. Suddenly, everyone was terribly concerned about every little detail that the position entailed and whether or not I could handle it despite my current job being excessivly more complicated. "It involves alot of heavy lifting" Well, shucks, I don't know anyone in an industrial power profession who has to handle heavy pieces of equiptment...Oh right, they never actually read my resume. I don't think their clients would be pleased by this lazy vetting process. The answers to my questions were all incredibly criptic and I have a feeling that if I had managed to get a job through them, I would have shown up severely unprepaired due to their inattention to detail. This whole fiasco ended with them telling me that they would wait to hear back from the prospective employer and then set me up with an interview. Sure.

To top it all off, while I was waiting my turn (how do appointments work again?) I overheard one staffer tell an assistant "Oh, I didn't like her. If she calls back, just tell her that we don't have any positions available."

She says this in front of an office full of people trying to get back to work as if we were all invisible. We can hear you!

Save yourself some aggrevation and gas money and find an agency that treats job seekers like human beings. They do exist. – less
Very Mismanaged
Interviewer (Former Employee), Jackson, MIAugust 31, 2013
Pros: their just trying to get their name into the job world.
Cons: lacks professionalism.
Does not alert or keep you in touch of a jobs interests in you and very mismanaged. I had to look online to find their location for the first interview. Only one person that knows what is going on and often not in the office.
Friendly
Temp (Former Employee), Portage, MIJuly 18, 2013
The staff is friendly and they are quick to put you to work. Dont mess up your chances with them as if you do they will not put you to work. I worked at styker medical thru them and it was wonderful. i loved the fact that i did not have to wear a uniform of saftey boots : )
very fast paced
operator (Current Employee), battle creekMay 29, 2013
Pros: the parts where not heavy
Cons: health care
a typical day at hi lex, this is the company onstaff sent me to work at was pretty basic i would put ex stutter buttons on a brake cable and was required to high a certain number every night. they wanted at least a 1000 parts. we where also required to check the station before ours process as well to make sure there was no defects.
They just advertise to increase their numbers.
none (Former Employee), Portage, MIApril 3, 2013
I have gone here on more than one occasion..and called after applying to positions. They "never have anything". And I hear that from more than one. Typical, placement service. Promise the moon and deliver nothing.
slow moving, lying discrimating people
unemployed (Former Employee), kalamazooFebruary 21, 2013
Cons: wages low, typical temp agency feels they dont need to work for you.
Onstaff will not place anyone with anykind of record with felonies, you can fill out an application and take the tests, but you will never get placed.
Wonderful Work Experience
Assembler/Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Portage, MIFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: wonderful co-workers, enjoyed the work itself and the opportunities i was given.
Cons: temperatures within the building during the summer
The duties for a typical day of work, were to assemble battery cavities for automobiles, ensure that all of the parts were at or above quality standards. If there a quality error occurred, the part was then labeled and put into the proper bin.

The company in which I worked for, also enhanced my knowledge of 5-S standards for cleaning and documentation, – more... along with lean manufacturing. – less
Innovative place to work
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Portage, MINovember 1, 2012
Pros: openness in management with innovativeness
Cons: ecconomy caused sales slump
Great place to grow, and learn about the 5 counties I developed business relationships.
Highly stressful job due to not being of the calibere for this position.
Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Portage, MIOctober 17, 2012
I feel my resume was not fully read due to I have very little experience in research and design and that was the employment I was placed in. I hold a dgree in Electrical Engineering and have applied my education for the the past 15 years in Automation and Controls engineering within a Manufacturing atmosphere.
Fast paced environment, teamwork and excellent communication
Intern (Current Employee), Portage, MIAugust 23, 2012
On a typical day of work I interview candidates over the phone and in person, fill in for the front desk as needed answering and directing calls, addressing people at the front desk, assign people to positions, drug screen and run orientations. I have learned a lot about the recruiting world, and everything that goes into it.

February 21, 2013

you can call and update them but most of the time the new info you give them will never see the database to be updated

March 1, 2013

Hi I am a new grad and was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to successful pass a pre-screening phone interview. Now a days it has become common for employers to hire individuals that know how to say the right things, but don't actually know how too put them to practice. So, I need help in saying the right things because being able to do the work is not enough anymore. Thanks in advance for your respond

Somewhat productive workplace
Production Inspector (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 10, 2012
I enjoyed this experience. Some things should have been different but I have no regrets. OnStaff should take the time to listen more to their temps and things would be a lot smoother
Very productive
Temporary Production Associate (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJune 2, 2012
A typical day with Onstaff USA is very busy & constant. I had very good co-workers and we all worked as a team. Hardest part of my job there was not really have any communication with others. It was just me & a machine. But overall It was a okay job.

February 21, 2013

the above comment is not typical with employees that work through Onstaff Usa...My personal experience is that they choose not to place me due to my past history with law enforcement, you can fill out applications and take test, but you will not get placed.