Ontario ARC Employee Reviews

good place to gain skills
Help and assist them (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYApril 12, 2016
This is a great place for teens start when they graduate high school. They will learn customer service skills as well as how to work in different areas of the workplace.
A typical day at work
Program Substitute (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYNovember 10, 2015
Everyday, i get greeted by the individuals we support and every day is a new day, i never know what to expect which is one of the biggest reasons why I love this job. I know they're will be some special cares and achieving goals. Anything beyond that is a surprise to me but I like it.
Pros
Quality time wtht he individuals, making people smile
Cons
behaviors
Residential Community Habilitation Provider (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 17, 2015
Working here got me through college. Fun work environment. The management was a group of fun people that really cared for people with disabilities.
Great Place
Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 30, 2014
Very rewarding job, management works with schedule and is easy to get along with! I love my job!!!!
Fulfilling and meaningful work.
Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYNovember 17, 2014
A typical day was very scheduled. We had dinner, baths, physical therapies, personal goals, medications to pass. I learned the love of people with mental disabilities is unconditional and absolutely priceless. Management was very short and cut off from their staff. My coworkers ranged from very lazy and mean, to wonderful and hardworking fun, caring people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with coworkers who were lazy and always on their phones. The most enjoyable part of the job were the clients. I developed life long friendships with the people I helped care for and felt that I truly made a difference in the world.
Pros
Dinner family style.
Ontario ARC
Life Skill Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 17, 2014
I was hired with 5years expereince in the field. I worked overnights and had minimal interactions with the participants. Then the manager dropped the bomb in my 6mo review. I wasnt a good house cleaner. Well I kept things neat and clean but bottom line I wasnt cleaning as good as the others. If they wanted a janitor they need to revise the job opening.
Who cleans baseboards and toilets everyday? Every week or two weeks- but everyday?
Pros
good house to work in- great people
Cons
Ridiculious expectations for cleaning
I am very anxious for my next opportunity
Director, Facilities and Transportation (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 3, 2014
I am better served in the" for profit" world of business. No upward opportunities and no financial growth available. Tremendous satisfaction achieved by improving those people we served living and learning circumstances. 6 day a week job my standard was 65 hrs work weeks in an effort to keep an eye on the 20 properties and 100 vehicles I was ultimately responsible for.
Pros
serving disabled was very fulfilling
Cons
my position was not valued and has not been replaced
Fun place to work
Senior Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYNovember 4, 2013
Typical day at work was caring for people with developemental disabilities and then working in the office when they went to program.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
no job security - cuts all the time
i have been very happy at this agency
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJuly 3, 2013
the company i work for is family oriented i believe that it has made me a better person to be able to help people that are in need of care in many ways.
Learning Experience
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 11, 2013
My goal at ARC / Eberhardt Center was to expose myself to a new experience of working with individuals with disabilities. They taught me that just because they have disabilities does not mean they are not capable. My job was to help them to help themselves, and look for what they have to teach me. The Individuals there have taught me to appreciate the simple things in life, and not to take for granted the abilities that seemingly come as second nature,
Pros
By embracing new experiences we increase our own understanding
Cons
Doing things for others does not help them it hinders their own growth
Productive Workplace
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua New YorkFebruary 28, 2013
Great place for employment. Benefits are great. You have the opportunity to grow within the agency.
Pros
sick time, vacation time
We focus on quality of life for our individuals
Skills Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYApril 4, 2012
I enjoy going into work. It's not stressful. My co-workers are great and we all enjoy working for ARC.

Ontario ARC Reviews by Location