ONTRAC

ONTRAC Employer Reviews

Average Warehouse Work.
PM Sorter (Former Employee), Sparks, NVSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: sub-par management/employees
The environment was stressful when you were unclear on if you did you're job up to specifications, and when asked about it the answers from management would be vague at best. Also, most of the employees there barely ever showed up to work. Though, the people who were there to actually to there job were nice and decent to be around.
terrible company to work for management is terrible !!!!!!!
Courier (Former Employee), Merced, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: on your own
Cons: so unorganized !!!!!!
Cannot recomend this company to no one !!!!!! The load was rarely on time management is terrible !!!!!!
Decent company to work for.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Nation Wide, Denver, CO HubAugust 27, 2014
Pros: decent company to work for. supervisors treat you like adults.
Cons: small company going through growth.
A pleasure working with such a diverse group of coworkers.
Each day is Different you will never be board with the same ole everyday.
Fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Union City, CAAugust 18, 2014
Most relaxed job and supervisor I ever worked for. Loved it here but hours were too short and no job advancement for me.
I quit Ontrac today, walked out with a smile :)
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 15, 2014
Hello :)

The call center in Chandler, Az is attempted to be ran & managed by Bullies! Worst management I have ever experienced! Yes, 2 supervisors quit in 1 week, trainer quit, 1 trainer demoted! Joke! I am embarrassed to say I settled to work there! I cringed every day turning the corner into the parking lot!

So much more to say but a completely – more... waste of another second of my time or concern :)

To the employees still in the call center & OPS, may the force be with you! I pray your mental health is better than mine :) – less
High turn around poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 6, 2014
Pros: they will work with you with scheduled time off for doc appt and days off
Cons: nott enough employees to meet the demand from customers and poor management
This could be an amazing place to work but with the poor management and lack of communication make for a very poor place to work. People literally get up and walk out.
my first job experience
Lead Sorter (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: it was a great experience for a first job
Cons: it was a school program so i only got to work for a month
i got this job when i was 16 first job ever it was easy i was so used to doing every little thing my family wanted me to do working there was like one easy task after another stalking shelves, removing expired product, and helping customers
not good pay
Sorter/Packer/ scanner (Former Employee), Commerce, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: heavy work, busy
Cons: time would go by fast
It is always busy, i learned to memorize many zip codes and how to multi task , my co workers were the best we were all good friends , the hardest part of the job was that sorting too many packages in a little of time, and getting pay little for the work you would put in. luckily i would always get more than six hours but felt bad for those who were – more... called in to work for only 2 hours or will take 2 hours lunches. – less
No breakroom.
Sorter (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 10, 2014
Working at ontrac is fun because i made a lot of friends but the work itself isnt as fun as other jobs.
nice place
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 25, 2014
Pros: every friday they bring fruits and muffins, bread etc.
You just go to your station and do the job that you trained to do. You don't need that many supervisors around and very friendly place. The hardest thing is that you don't get to be off the phone for a minute to place notes because sometimes there are a lot and you get call after call non-stop.
Fast paced, fun enviroment
Customer Service, Arizona (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2014
Pros: friendly eniviroment, great management
Cons: no cons i enjoyed this job
Answered inbound calls to schedule customer package delivery, made cancellations. Took note of all customers questions and concerns. I learned how to multi-task at a high pace on the computer while taking calls. My co-workers were great we all got along very well. The hardest part of the job was learning how to go through every screen in a timely manner, – more... when I first started the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new tasks and building my skills as well as provide great customer services to the customers. – less
Do yourself a favor and keep looking
Driver Support Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2014
Pros: paycheck & some decent benefits
Cons: lousy management
The job itself, after you've taught yourself, is not bad except around holidays. It's customer service speaking with drivers, customers & shippers. And clearing the drivers routes for them. Fairly simple, however be warned the training here is less than appropriate for the position you would be put into. The GM was recruited from the customer service – more... floor maybe 10 yrs ago but I don't think she has taken the time to invest in any management skills training. She is more than rude & unprofessional and she trains her staff to be the same way. And this is truly the hardest part of this job. Not really much moral there! A very large turn over because of this. – less
Lots of potential
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 19, 2014
Pros: food, location
Cons: zero work/life balance
But limited by the mindset of trying to be a big time little company and refusing to make the changes needed.
Entry-level position with graveyard hours and basic labor
Sorter (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAMay 17, 2014
Pros: pay, physical work
Cons: bad co-workers, no mental stimulation
General labor was used to manage the destination of packages that came from companies like amazon and staples. When the customer dropped of their shipment it was the sorter's role to place the packages on pallets based on their destination. After our sorting out the packages the shipments were packed in to the driver's trucks. Not much growth potential, – more... the management was not as efficient as it could have been, and there were no benefits. The background checks were minimal and many ex-convicts and ex-drug addicts were hired and I worked along side them. – less
i give ontrac a three star.
Sorter (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: provided snacks and lunch from time to time.
Cons: worked until company sloed down due to the slow economy.
It was a good company that provided excellent benefits. I enjoyed that work was indoors and airconditioned during the summer and heated during the winter.
Not worth the pay
Warehouse sorter (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 14, 2014
Maintained up-to-date knowledge of store policies regarding payments, returns and exchanges.
Prevented store losses using awareness, attention to detail and integrity.
Oversaw special orders and after-hours, urgent shipping jobs.
Organized weekly sales reports for the sales department to track product success.Maintained accurate
stock records and schedules.
Love OnTrac!
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, free lunches, beautiful campus/interior, immediate advancement opportunities, two breaks, 45 minute lunch and an extra 20 minutes away from desk, lenient family-oriented attendance policy
Cons: angry customers?
I have worked in all kinds of call centers. I've provided tech support, briefly worked in collections and worked for various companies including DISH and a non-local power company.

Training is stressful, but they tell you this on day one. They're trying to weed out people that don't care or just don't pay attention. I passed all of the tests on the – more... first try. The people that did fail the final were given a second test and every one in my class passed.

Starting pay is $13, but if you work before or after 8pm you get a $1.50 differential. If you work Saturday or Sunday you get a $1 differential. There are special accounts group positions popping up all the time and that position makes $15/hour. Raises are considered annually based on performance. It's reasonable.

The work isn't overly exciting and anyone who has worked in customer service knows you sometimes get yelled at by customers and it sucks. They do generally keep us pretty busy.
I was one of the individuals that received an e-mail because my average talk time wasn't where it should be. No one demanded an apology, but I was asked to submit an action plan highlighting the things I would improve on to meet the standard. It took me 4 weeks, but I'm finally where I need to be and haven't heard a peep since. I've never felt overly stressed about meeting statistics.

We do get free pop, flavored water, coffee and every flavor of tea imagineable. Every Friday we get free donuts, muffins and fresh fruit and they bring more out every couple of hours so all shifts can enjoy. They give out gift cards, order pizza and after Christmas they served turkey, stuffing and every holiday fixin you can imagine. Everyone got cards and candy for Christmas. They have a game room with a whole bunch of arcade games. Chic-fil-et caters all the time and sometimes they buy it for us.

The benefits seriously out way the bad. This is the first call center in Arizona I haven't wanted to up and walk out of every second I'm there. I even got my number one choice for my first shift bid. New one coming soon. Great place to work if you're making $11/hour somewhere else getting hounded by supervisors that shouldn't be supervisors to meet impossible metrics. – less
Please do not work here!
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: awful environment
If you are going to work customer service in the corporate office you are offered only 1 rate of pay $13/per hour. The training is 2 weeks long and you are given three quizzes and a final. If you miss more than 4 questions you are dismissed from the company.

They lie to most classes that practical, on the floor, training is regular business hours when – more... it's more like 11am-8p. They started doing shift bids this past year but nobody seems to get the schedule they want. The call center does operate on a point system so if you want to work in say escalations, or the special accounts group your points must maintain a certain level or you will be demoted.

Staff is constantly harassed over stats. You do not get after call time, any wrap up time, etc. If someone can't find a package you open a cannot locate request but are not given the proper time to work it and then it is held against you. The drivers are contract drivers and half of the time they don't listen, respond, or are just nasty. There is zero accountability.

There is never any feedback or positive encouragement given. Likewise it's just as difficult to find someone to help you with questions.

In my time there both CS managers were demoted, as was a trainer, and then a QA coach. The benefits are like $75/mo for just you and you likely will have to work a Saturday. They rule by fear and degrade you. One person had to write a letter to management explaining why her talk time was 20 seconds more than allotted and offer an apology. – less
What its like at Ontrac
Part-Time Sorter (Current Employee), FremontJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: short breaks
I like working here. It's always busy, my co-workers are fun, but now they are all gone.
Super fast paced, physical place to work
PM Sorter & PM Lead (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: many skills acquired
Cons: the company does not care about you
I loved this job. It was the first place I had worked that kept me busy from the time I started, till the time I left. The physical demands of the job are awesome in my opinion because you are getting a work out while being paid to do a job. I learned how to sort, use a pallet jack, load/unload trucks, how to fill out bol slips & check out trucks, how – more... to do receiving, wrapping, building pallets, management skills, & many other skills. Management was both good and bad, it more or less depended on who you were dealing with. Overall the company has no loyalty to you whatsoever, you are completely replaceable and just a "body" to them. The co-workers were usually awesome people, I had the pleasure of meeting some great people. The hardest part of the job was meeting the deadlines with the unrealistic expectations they put on you. The most enjoyable part of the job was it was always a challenge. – less

1 2 3