ONTRAC

ONTRAC Employee Reviews

Good job for getting started
Contractor (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Not hard work
Cons: Low pay
You deal with a lot of people with mental disabilities but sometimes its quit and peaceful. The job is only temporary so you can only work there 6 months. But the managers are nice and on top of the everything
Productive and great place too work
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: 2nd shift
Cons: early out
Loved working there ..they need to work on more organization and more hours for the employees. would have wanted benifits to my fulll time hours with sick leave ..awesome place to work weekends off
Productive and work fun with people
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee), Sparks, NevaadaJune 25, 2015
Pros: Sometime we have free lunches, some gift certificates, free sweatshirts
Cons: short breaks and no health benefits
A very fun place to work for, as a person with no experience and as a newly graduate from high school, I was fortunate to be employed by them where I learned a lot. The hours are good and pay as a part-time.
Overview of my experience
Corporate Line Haul Dispatch Manager (Current Employee), Commerce, CAJune 23, 2015
OnTrac has proven to be a very credible company within the transportation business. The management structure is something to be desired.
Fun yet unprofessional to work at.
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJune 3, 2015
Pros: Lunches, Fun People.
Cons: No Advancement, No Professionalism.
It was a really fun place to work, but it wasn't necessarily a professional environment. Although the people were great, there was never room for advancement.
Demanding fast paced work environment where favoritism is the key to moving up and receiving promotions.
Lead Sorter (Former Employee), Commerce, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: The pay is higher than most places
Cons: the physical stress it leaves on ones body is terrible
You come in to work and you're pushed to physically work for 4-5 hours straight, sometimes without a break, and then they tell you to hurry up and clock out. The turnover ratio is really high, but due to the recent increase in pay, that is starting to change.
was a sorter
Sorter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2015
being a sorter is real easy all you have to do is stack boxes. the pay was alright and the hours given weren't anything to live off of unless you had two jobs or going to school.
I love my job
Driver Support (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMay 22, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, incentives, productivity
Cons: must type at least 35 wpm and be proficient with 10 key
I enjoy working for OnTrac. They are always posting job opportunities, have a company newsletter, offer constant opportunities to better do my job. I enjoy talking to the drivers and clearing their routes. I used to call the drivers on packages that were still out for delivery scanned that were due to be delivered in a timely manner. Now that's handled by the service providers bosses and I work what is called "the grid". The grid is when there are issues with the delivery of a package that need to be resolved as well as taking calls. It's a very fast paced environment, but the management team is there to ensure that you are successful every step of the way. They work with you and enable you to do your job practically and efficiently. I haven't had to use the benefit's package because my husband is in the military and I get my health insurance through him. However, I hear they also use United Health as well, and that is a very good health plan. We work as a unit, as a team, and that makes for a very beneficial work environment. I am still learning the grid, but have been cross trained with customer service so I am able to do more now in my position and appreciate the job that the customer service advocates do on a daily basis.
A great job to allow me to continue my education.
Courier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2015
This position allowed me to develop reliability skills. Financial institutions relied on my punctuality and excellent customer service skills.
Very shady business
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAMay 12, 2015
Ontrac is a company I really wouldn't recommend anyone to because they have all kinds of fees you need to pay but those fees are for things you need to work, like Handheld terminal, truck insurance, driver insurance, and a 20$ for using the company truck.
own paced
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 12, 2015
Pros: own paced
Driving and delivering is very rewarding! I enjoyed being a pert of their team and had lots of fun. I enoyed being home by 3 pm each day and never had a problem as and employee.
Work hard
Loader/Sorter (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, busy constantly, not boring.
Cons: No breaks, falling behind could cause a lot of frusteration between coworkers, some people failed to work as a team.
Job security, advancement possible if you made it clear you planned on advancing within the company and you had previous experience.

Management was fun, but there was probably some bias because of my gender. I watched co-workers who cursed out the manager and it was all taken lightly.

Co-workers can be somewhat lazy and complain a lot, but if you earned their respect they could be helpful and very kind if you asked for assistance. Understanding for new employees.

If you enjoy fast, high pressure enviroments this is a fun job and time goes by quickly. Exhausting but I enjoy it.

Most enjoyable aspect for me was being recognized as someone capable of working just as hard as any of the others there.

Also gives you a great appreciation for anything you may order online now.

Hourly was good -- better than when I was a manager at a large retail store.

Hours flexible to what you asked.
Always Busy
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Sparks, NVMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Freedom
Cons: Insurance, No investments
A day of work would consist of me on my feet in and out of the warehouse, doing any and all morning reports, interview and hire for the company, assist customers and corporate on any issues or concerns they may have on a shipment or on an account, supervise warehouse employees and make sure they are completing daily tasks, and run the front desk.
Very Busy
Supervisor (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAApril 26, 2015
Always have to be safe and accurate in deliveries and driving.
Need to meet the time frames on package deliveries, and give great customer service with every pick up or drop off.
Great Job for Students
Sorter (Former Employee), Kettleman City, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great work/ lift balance
Cons: No benefits (when I worked there. Idk about now.)
If you're a student or just want a job to supplement your current income, then this job is for you. The job itself is very simple but very physically demanding. When I worked here, the average age of the employees was between the ages of 18-21 so most of us could withstand the physical demands.

That being said, the average age of management was 18-29 at the time. They had very little experience in managing people. This was as I began my 4 year career there, as management changed, things got better. My last two years being perhaps the best whilst there.

Being mainly a part-time job there is really no room for advancement unless you have an education or experience as management.
They are ok but some things could be better
Sorter (Current Employee), Sparks, NVApril 9, 2015
They overall are not a bad place to work but they could be better. Some of the managers and leads have favorites when it comes to us employees and they make it very obvious.
unorganized
delivery (Current Employee), Commerce, CAApril 8, 2015
typical good day i would deliver packages before 9pm but the compnay has no good benefits and its a job for people that are full time not for students at all.
great place to work
WAREHOUSE SORTER (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 3, 2015
great place great staff overall great environment looked forward to going to work every night, great overtime opportunities and well organized.
Friendly Co-workers Family Job
Ontrac (Current Employee), Sun Valley, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Pay Is Good!
Cons: Paying For your own gas
In Ontrac we have 8 different cities and every worker has their own city that they take if someone misses work they have someone else do that city for them. The Management is great but also depends on who is in charge. Sometimes we only have 5 workers but we end up making arangements. I have been their the 2nd longest so me and another coworker usually are in charge to send people out to deliever. the hardest part of the job is trying to finish before 9 when we only have 3 hours to deliever about 45 packages. The most enjoyable part is just the fact that your on your own and get your break when you want and you can take a friend or relative to help you out.
Horribly Managed. The terminal manager has the mentality of a little boy with a bad temper.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: don't work sundays
Cons: wow, where to start?? read above
Quick fix only. If you have to make money now, this poorly run company will do that. Of course you are getting no benefits or raises or compensation of any kind. You will be working long hours, six days weekly with no paid time off. The dis functionality of this outfit makes you wonder how it is still in business. The 'master' contractors are some of the most slimy bosses you will ever encounter. Get everything in writing and save it. They will sell out their mothers for a $1.

1 2 3 4 5