OnTrac Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job for those that are motivated to work hard
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 31, 2016
Ontrac is a great place to work if you're a motivated person. All drivers are subcontractors so there's no benefits but the compensation is favorable. You are required to purchase your own delivery van and maintain it. Average day starts at 6am and you work until your route is delivered. During peak season, working 12-15 hour days is quite normal but you also make a big paycheck, which is a plus. Getting days off is rather easy during the year, but peak season.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 20, 2016
Manager made it easy to talk to anytime. The company was really flexible with my school hours. My manager worked with me while I was injured to accommodate my ability to preform other task. The work environment was fast, steady, fun, relaxed, The other co-workers were friendly and were family like. that was the environment. The company gave out gift cards as an incentive for job well done, meeting or exceeding deadlines,holidays,etc. it was hard at first because you had to learn the area codes for not just your section but the ones all around. We had days where we had so much shipment it can hit you fast and you had to keep up.
Pros
family orientated work place, management provided breakfast on Friday's and cookouts worked as a team and updates after break
Cons
so many heavy packages, part-time hours
Fast pace and enjoyable for energetic people
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2016
Fast pace environment sort out mail, packages, boxes by assigned zip code lines. I learned to memorize variety of numbers, codes, symbols and their meanings and to identify safety hazards. Co-workers were very dedicated and always very instructive and helpful when asking for help. The hardest part of the job is dedication to early bird hours and heavy lifting (referring to females). The most enjoyable part working for On Trac is that everyone is a team player, helpful, and considerate of one another. I highly recommend this place for anyone seeking part time employment.
Pros
friday free pastries, bagels and fruits, friendly environment yet non-stop
Cons
short breaks, no breaks, lateness/tardies
good work envirement not time consuming
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 30, 2016
a typical work day is pretty fast pace so time does go by pretty fast. I learned multiple new things such as driving a forklift, correctly brickload a trailer,how to load and unload tires how to become a team lead. management they are down to earth real easy to talk to but strike when it needs to come down to it. co workers make the job enjoyable everyone has a good vibe and positive. the hardest part is getting all the fright out at its deadline. and the most enjoyable part is when everything is running smooth and everyone is working and in good moods
Pros
we work safe they get us food from our chooseing
Cons
not that well with one on one training
A Good Place To Work
Lead Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 8, 2015
Ontrac was a good job with a relaxed environment; decent pay, and above average benefits. However in the Tucson/Phoenix facilities it was plagued by severe mismanagement; which created frustration in what was otherwise a very enjoyable workplace. Personally I found the lack of shift options at the Tucson facility (they only had first shift) hard to balance with my personal life; which ultimately led to my resignation. However if they had second or third shift positions available; as they do at most other facilities; I would probably still be working there.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, easy job, good benefits.
Cons
Mismanagement.
Ontrac, sorter
Package Sorter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2016
Very busy, hectic
no breaks,
it seemed they try to fit and 8 hour day into a 4 or 5 hour day
Co workers and management tough to get along with
No team work, people had poor attendance
seemed like they came to work when they wanted to
Great place work
Database/Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 11, 2016
OnTrac is a great place to work for, especially if you're IT professional. They take great pride in their IT staff and take care of them from a benefits perspective.
Pros
Great benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Too many hourly wage positions
it was a friendly work environment
Bill Representative (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2016
Ontrac is a good company, it's an overnight freight company. The billing department is filled with people that care about doing good work. The supervisor and manager make sure it's a relaxed environment to work at with their easy going attitude.
A typical day is taking phone calls from the vendors requesting credits for delayed shipments. Also answering emails in timely fashion requesting reviews of bills to make sure that they received correct rates, if not we, adjust the bill to make sure they were billed correctly. This comprised 90% of our work load. Basically insuring the customer is satisfied, thus keeping the relationship going. My coworkers worked together well, we all made sure that the final outcome is customer satisfaction.

I've learned to use Word and Excel applications on a daily basis and most important, I can do anything I put my mind to, it is a good place
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
there are no cons that I can think of for this place
Disconnected and disorganized.
Preload Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 10, 2015
I was in management and my employees were only paid $11 per hour, 20 hours a week, no benefits, no chance at full time hours and almost no chance of advancement. This caused a lot of problems hiring and keeping a staff. Thus making my job very difficult. The overall disorganized approach to business and disconnected attitude of upper management made it very difficult to accomplish what was expected when the reality was much different. I asked for help with hiring on multiple occasions and was denied. Upper management is completely unprofessional.
This is the most incompetant group of people I've encountered in my career.
Pros
it pays management pretty well.
Cons
work life balance, moral and overall treatment.
Great Job for Students
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Kettleman City, CAApril 14, 2015
If you're a student or just want a job to supplement your current income, then this job is for you. The job itself is very simple but very physically demanding. When I worked here, the average age of the employees was between the ages of 18-21 so most of us could withstand the physical demands.

That being said, the average age of management was 18-29 at the time. They had very little experience in managing people. This was as I began my 4 year career there, as management changed, things got better. My last two years being perhaps the best whilst there.

Being mainly a part-time job there is really no room for advancement unless you have an education or experience as management.
Pros
Great work/ lift balance
Cons
No benefits (when I worked there. Idk about now.)
I would find another job if I was you!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 12, 2015
I decided to work here for a year and it was horrible. I'm glad I left!!!

It is poorly managed, the supervisors don't know what the office staff is doing or what their job duties are supposed to be. A lot of the managers will ask you what you are doing since they don't know.

Older employees are the ones that train the new employees and apparently all the employees are doing their work incorrectly (found out during company audit - reason why the location is failing on their reports).

During the time that I work there, they fired all of the managers.

They expect you to do too much, a lot of employees are overworked, and the select few - (favorite employees) have no work, spend most of their time on their cellphones, on smoke breaks or lounging around the warehouse. The rest are expected to pick up the slack of the workload. And the hardworking employees are mistreated by management by working 50+ hours.

Good luck with trying to take a day off since a lot of the older employees have many weeks to take off for vacation, management only allows one employee to be off during each workday.

Management will also call and harass you to come in when your sick at home (after you call in), and they don't like you to be off/sick since the workload is hardly covered by the other employees.

Also the office staff has a lot of conflict with each other, please be prepared to deal with tension and childish fights on a daily basis.

Good Luck!
Pros
Lack of sleep, Extra stress, Managers buy food once a month if your lucky
Cons
Healthcare, Extra workload
Independent Contractor
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 16, 2015
Worked early in the morning with over 300 people in a warehouse. with over 20,000 packages to be delivered on a typical work day. i make a route for the delivery of my 150 or so of packages. organize, load and delivery my packages respectable, timely mannered and safely.
Pros
great pay, great co workers, fun environment
Cons
no benefits, no healthcare
OnTrac
Acount Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 15, 2016
OnTrac was a great company when I started. I loved the opportunities I thought I had. Then things changed. Managers started quitting or being fired and now moral is very low. Many workers are seeing we aren't paid for the duties we do. People call out sick often because many people have stress or anxiety just to come to work.
Pros
company gives work related gifts
Cons
not paid well enough and during peek our lunches get shortened.
Horribly Managed. The terminal manager has the mentality of a little boy with a bad temper.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 21, 2015
Quick fix only. If you have to make money now, this poorly run company will do that. Of course you are getting no benefits or raises or compensation of any kind. You will be working long hours, six days weekly with no paid time off. The dis functionality of this outfit makes you wonder how it is still in business. The 'master' contractors are some of the most slimy bosses you will ever encounter. Get everything in writing and save it. They will sell out their mothers for a $1.
Pros
don't work sundays
Cons
wow, where to start?? read above
Honest work
PM Sorter (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 23, 2016
It's a great launching platform for paying off debt or going to school. Don't need much brains. Clock in and clock out. If you were in the military or played football, you'll do fine because you can take criticism without taking it personally. Sometimes you get self-entitled people in there who like to complain about the managers. Don't listen to them.

It's easier if you're fit.
Pros
Hard work
Cons
It is hard work
Productive and Fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 5, 2016
This job made time go by really fast, so i had no problem with time going by. It was also nice meeting people and being able to work and depend on no one but myself. Although it would of been great to have a partner once in awhile.
Pros
Paychecks, self contractor, and meeting new people.
Cons
No benefits, no gas reimburse, and paying back tax.
Work hard
Loader/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2015
Job security, advancement possible if you made it clear you planned on advancing within the company and you had previous experience.

Management was fun, but there was probably some bias because of my gender. I watched co-workers who cursed out the manager and it was all taken lightly.

Co-workers can be somewhat lazy and complain a lot, but if you earned their respect they could be helpful and very kind if you asked for assistance. Understanding for new employees.

If you enjoy fast, high pressure enviroments this is a fun job and time goes by quickly. Exhausting but I enjoy it.

Most enjoyable aspect for me was being recognized as someone capable of working just as hard as any of the others there.

Also gives you a great appreciation for anything you may order online now.

Hourly was good -- better than when I was a manager at a large retail store.

Hours flexible to what you asked.
Pros
Fast paced, busy constantly, not boring.
Cons
No breaks, falling behind could cause a lot of frusteration between coworkers, some people failed to work as a team.
A professional place to work
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  MorristoFebruary 6, 2016
The work is rewarding. Meeting new people everyday, having challenges with each job assignment. Each day is different than the other. The co-workers are very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job, to me, is getting into tight spaces like crawl spaces and attics. What I like about this job is that is seeing the customer happy and satisfied with the work and the pleasantness I can offer.
self contracts
NON CDL Driver/ Self Contracts (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 13, 2016
Delivering packages and items to different customers. Learned customers preferred times. Management would call in special deliveries. No contact with other co workers due to self contracts. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the customers
Pros
customers
Cons
no benefits
worst place to work ever
Wearhouse associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 22, 2016
ontrac is the worst jon I have ever got . so much work for a cheap pay and they may make you work without break for 4 hours and they may gie u from half hour lunch to 2 hours depend on the job wich means if is a lot of work be prepare to work as a robot