Onvia Employee Reviews

Decent pay and benefits but the company needs to invest more in the development of employees. Company in need of new leadership.
Associate Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2015
Overall the primary focus at Onvia tends to be on the sales department and sales numbers. There is a lot of talk about celebrating employees and valuing employees. However, most of that comes through trivial, meaningless events.

Only people who work on pet projects for leadership members tend to be recognized for their efforts even though there are a lot of wonderful, hard working people there.

Leadership has a tendency to champion projects/initiatives that are not always well thought out, put some one in charge of it who may or may not be qualified to execute their plan, and then let that person go when the project doesn't turn out how they hoped it would.
Pros
Good amount of PTO, good people to work with, and decent pay.
Cons
Health care benefits are subpar and expensive, lack of a cohesive and consistent strategy, overall lack of vision, and employees not truly valued.
Great place to learn
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2015
Talented intelligent people and great work life balance. Upper management was as helpful as the could be throughout my time there.
Revolving doors of good talent getting pushed out
Sales (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 29, 2015
Poor management structure, constant change in directives sent down from top-level executives stifle progress.

Weird culture of whispers, cliques, and gossip creates a paranoid atmosphere where managers end up begging the sales people for insider info on other workers...

Very little to no job security. bros only man!
Pros
Cons
"Onvia is where careers go to die!" - a well known saying among current/former Onvians.
Work hard Play hard environment
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2014
Great place to learn, grow, and develop the skills needed for next level.

Great people, and right in the heart of downtown Seattle.
Hard-working, constantly changing environment
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 31, 2014
Onvia was a good company overall. The company has made many changes even in the past year both in direction, leadership and offering. High quotas and long sales cycles with changes In team structure and vertical focus made things hard on employees, but the company did the best they could to make the transition easy.

Flexible schedules, decent office location and good commission structure.
Pros
Good Compensation Plan, open office concept
Cons
High pressure - bad training
A quiet and computer intensive environment with little room for growth.
Operations Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 26, 2012
There were two things that I truly enjoyed about working at Onvia. First, was the 8am to 4pm work hours (roughly) M-F. Secondly, was the freedom to take initiative. By this I mean that I could take any project I was working on and have the full support of management and my fellow employees to make that project or process better. If I see something that can be fixed or improved I like to be able to take the reins and make that change knowing I have the support of the company to do that.
Like any other company Onvia had its share of good co-workers and bad co-workers. Taking the one with the other is just something you always have to deal with. Management at Onvia was so-so. The head boss of my department was a struggle to work with, but all the supervisors who I reported directly to were, for the most part, smart and friendly.
The biggest thing I learned working there for two years was how important it is for a company to treat all of its employees with respect and integrity. While Onvia did this very well in divulging company information on the direction the company was going and what our efforts were doing to move the company in that positive direction, it did not however show the employees respect in other areas. A continual pay freeze was put into effect for all two years I was there. Hard work and and achievements such as being employee of the quarter got you little more than a pat on the back. The hardest part about working there was to see all of your hard work benefit the company but to get no benefit in return. If an employee feels they have the respect of the company
  more... then the employees, in turn, will work that much harder to show that respect is not unfounded.  less
Pros
benefits, co-workers, freedom to be creative
Cons
short breaks, poor upper management, pay freeze, little to no perks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Onvia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9