ONWARD HEALTHCARE

ONWARD HEALTHCARE Employer Reviews

I enjoy working with my recuriter
Physical Therapist in SNF (Current Employee), Wilton, CTMarch 18, 2015
Pros: continuing education reinburtment
Cons: you dont get a chance to see the team behide the scene
Onward has been the most supportive company to work for in my first traveling position. They check in on you to make sure your the right fit and the company they assigns you to is right for you.
Excellent work/life balance
Payroll Accountant (Current Employee), Wilton, CTMarch 5, 2015
Pros: flexile schedule
Cons: benefits
Great place to work. Great management. Benefits could be better.
Excellent culture. Recently purchased by AMN and changes are coming.
Very productive wish I was still there. But I was a temp
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Melville, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: lunch time the best you get to relax
Cons: also shorts 15 mins great
I work for Onward Healthcare Agency. That work place was at Bronx Lebanon Hospital, my started at 7 am, check all patients on in/out of bed, who will be discharge, who went for tests and report my result to the doctors/nurses on call
Completed my charts for discharge patients and put chart in achieve box, make appointment for ea patient to do follower up with there doctors. copy each prescription and place in chart. Answer phone take message for doctors/nurses transfer patients call to their room. Transfer patient to different unit per surgery.

Management and my co-works was great when each one say thanks at the end. I feel good going home.
Very helpful and informative about how to travel for work.
Travel RN (Former Employee), Clinton, MDJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: per diem lowish.
Worked in Level 2 trauma center. Onward provided contracts and information for job well in advance of assessment.
swindled on contract in 8 steps/ corporate culture
pta (Former Employee), californiaDecember 23, 2014
Pros: the jobs are good
Cons: no support during conflicts
1.) signed a contract for 13 weeks.

2.) client shortened contract to 2 weeks the following day;
I hadn't even packed yet

3.) told recruiter I didn't want a 2 week contract because housing
would be too expensive

4.) was told I'd be fined a thousand bucks if I didn't go to the job.

5.) went to the town and fulfilled the contract

6.) submitted my travel pay form

7.) travel pay denied because contract was shortened.

8.) complained about the situation and was told I'm free to seek
employment elsewhere.

this happened after 3 years of contracting with good reviews.

they'd rather lose a good employee than pay the $226 they owed.
Busy, fulfilling
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Wexford, PADecember 1, 2014
Woking for this healthcare staffing agency has been a rewarding experience. It has let me work in a variety of facilities, from acute, subacute, long term care, home health, and psych. the most enjoyable part of the job is all of the different people I get to meet and different types o care I have learned to provied. The only down side to the job is that the work is not always steady and shifts arent guaranteed.
Lots of flexibility
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Livingston, NJSeptember 22, 2014
It's agency that can help you find a great job. I secured two positions through this agency.
Bad company
Senior Travel Nurse Recruiter (Former Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 17, 2014
Didn't like management here they were very uninterested in assisting their employees and it was a work from home job!
lied
RN Network (Former Employee), Mason City, IAAugust 28, 2014
lied to me...expected better salary...no health insurance...
just a totally lousy experience
Great recruters
Travel RN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 10, 2014
Pros: traveling to new places
Cons: not always lining up jobs back to back
As a travel nurse, I was challenged to walk in a hospital and jump right in with out knowing the way the hospital functions. I learned a lot about flexibility and accountability. Time management always being pushed to perfection. The hardest part of the job was often because you are a traveler, you would get the worst patients or the hardest family members to work with. The most enjoyable part was seeing new facilities and meeting new people.
fun place to work
CDL B Driver (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
would reccommend to another employee,very respectful to employees and value their opinions
Organized and extremely helpful employees.
❸ Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great locations, great environment, great people.
Cons: some lag time in between assignments, but it isn't necessarily the company's fault.
Everyone that I have been in contact with through this company has been nothing, but helpful. They informed me of the many possibilities that may be granted and it always feels like they are genuinely looking out for my best interest. It is a great company to do business with.
Very dangerous place to work
Respiratory therapist (Former Employee), Edinburg TexasJanuary 15, 2014
Cons: slave labor, dangerous for licensure
Completely disorganized. Never received the stipend promised to pay for housing. Had to break contract due to unable to pay for rent. Management at hospital disorganized unable to talk to director because never returned phone calls or voice mail. Way understaffed and dangerous to work at. Feared for license. Last day I worked were 3 therapist for 275 units of service. Was oriented by another traveler to critical care areas and she was not there any longer that I was. Unless you want to work for $15.00 an hour and worry about if you have money for rent and your license then head to south Texas and work like a slave. Certainly slave wages.
Great availability and quick responses
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Attleboro, MADecember 5, 2013
Always communicating via email and phone calls, quick responses to issues and know they are looking out for my best interest.
Supportive recruiter, excellent compensation package
SLP (Current Employee), Spartanburg, S.C.October 13, 2013
I prefer a SNF position to the school setting because I am working 12 hours a day to keep ahead of documentation deadlines.
Great company to work for
ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Wayne INSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: good pay and jobs
Cons: expensive benifits (240/wk family benefits) and long wait to get into 401k
I have worked for Onward for about 1 1/2 years now and my recruiter Erika Lauri is one of the best in the business that I have encountered over the last 13 years of traveling. The only downside the company has is their benefits are expensive and you have to work a 1000 hours before you can get in their 401K program.
Traveling therapy
PTA (Former Employee), Wilton, CTSeptember 12, 2013
It was the best thing I ever did, traveling for work. My recruiter was awesome and extremely helpful finding me jobs and keeping me employed with more then enough compensation. I recommend this company to anyone that wants to travel the country and get paid to do it.
Extremely stressful environment that discriminates
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Wilton, CTAugust 19, 2013
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: management style was horrible, never giving credit where credit is due, health benefits were too expensive
Busy day from start to finish. No type of organization with the company. The management style was poor and they played favorites constantly. No work/life balance. If you had a family to take care of or a sick child you would easily get reprimanded for choosing that. One thing i did enjoy was the challenge. It was a fast paced environment where you are never looking for work. The days flew by. But at the end of the day you never got any type of pat on the back for the great job you did.
Good atmosphere and someone always willing to help
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: fun but business oriented environment
Cons: not enough training to develop skill
Onward Healthcare is a lax place where you can choose your hours between coming in between 7 a.m. and leaving around 7 p.m. That is great considering we all have things to do before and after our work.
Liars! Get everything in writing!
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Kearney, NebraskaJune 20, 2013
Pros: zero, nothing, terrible terrible company
Cons: listed in my review
You will be promised everything and if it is not in your contract, you will not get it period. They will try to take ever penny they can. My assignment went to scrub colors and I was promised to be paid, but it was not in my contract. They require a physical every year, so put it in writing that they pay for it. I was told on the phone they would pay, but $350 later they said it was not in my contract. Of course when I call there now they will not return my calls. I will tell every nurse I know not to travel with this company! My recruiter was nice and would call me back in a heart beat, then they fired her. They did not give her, her last pay check and I had to call and fight for mine. Please skip over this company when looking for travel nursing jobs. This experience soured me on traveling nursing, I am now going to take a permanent position and stay put. Please beware they will not pay you everything you have coming. The pay is only $20/hr. My new permanent position pays more per hour and that is even with the travel benefits added in!