ONWARD HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Travel Nursing Company
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 26, 2017
management of my file by my last recruiter was always getting lost by recruiter. Unable to get reimbursed for travel costs in a timely manner. Housing was na issue at times.
Company that goes above and beyond
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 26, 2017
This is a company that strives to do everything they can to ensure that the RN is satisfied and ready to complete the job they are sent to. Management had good communication skills with the employees
Pros
great pay
Cons
An excellent company to work for! Wendy my recruiter " The Best "!
Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Carborro North CarolinaDecember 28, 2016
From the day I started my assignment staff were always available to assist with any issues big or small. You are always compensated with bonuses, their way of showing their appreciation for your hard work and dedication. I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
You are treated with respect
Cons
Better housing for dialysis technicians, apt instead of extended stay.
The culture of team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 5, 2016
Working this particular travel assignment presented many things. A typical day at work was very busy. Most of the time each nurse had six patients. This often challenged your time management skills. What I learned in this setting was to think fast, chart fast, the importance of delegating, and the importance of team work, while still maintaining safe care. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staffs positive attitudes. From management to the aids the team work was phenomenal. The hardest part of the job was that you were not always able to spend as much time with the patients because of the lengthy charting expectations.
Pros
Sharpened time management skill
Cons
short breaks, no breaks, short staff
Travel nurse
Travel nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
This company has helped shaped me into the flexible nurse that I am today. I have loved working for this travel company and will not work with any other travel company. The only issue that I have had is I have had 3 different recruiters with this company.
Friendly recruiter
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2016
Recruiters were easy to work with. The assignment depended on each individual manager. The company itself was a good company.
Very good travelilng agency
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Casey, Il and Mattoon, ILOctober 6, 2016
Pay was very good, staff was always friendly and tried to place you as close as they could. I worked for three different SNIFs where Rehabcare was the therapy company and all places were nice, clean and helpful staff. My first job experience and I was far from home, but really enjoyed myself and learned quite a bit from knowledgeable staff.
Great Place to get started
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2017
Lose corporate atmosphere which some many enjoy. Great place to get your feet wet and learn how to work a book of business. Learn when you can and then move on.
Staffing for Allied Therapy
Client Staff Manager / Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 16, 2016
Staffing for Short and Long term nursing facilities. Attended Recruiting events and prospecting for new facilities. Hosted greet and meets - MD region
Pros
Customer Relationship buikdung
Cons
Health care premiums high, Region commute far-MD, low wage
Work Hard, Play Hard
Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 10, 2013
OH has great ethics, values and values each of their team members. Recruiting positions are certainly the most challenging position within the organization especially now that the travel nursing industry has become more healthy and competitive. OH provides opportunity to those who work hard, work well with others and can build lasting relationships with their clinicians. Although there is high turn over within those ranks, the comp can be lucrative. Management is truly interested in providing a quality service and creates a vision of expansion clearly. I would suggest working with the OH team if you are ambitious and have high energy.
Pros
fun people, opportunity, clear goals, lead by example
Cons
decent comp packages, outdated recruitment technology
Extremely stressful environment that discriminates
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTAugust 19, 2013
Busy day from start to finish. No type of organization with the company. The management style was poor and they played favorites constantly. No work/life balance. If you had a family to take care of or a sick child you would easily get reprimanded for choosing that. One thing i did enjoy was the challenge. It was a fast paced environment where you are never looking for work. The days flew by. But at the end of the day you never got any type of pat on the back for the great job you did.
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
management style was horrible, never giving credit where credit is due, health benefits were too expensive
Travel Nursing
Travel Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2016
At the time I desired new and frequent experiences so the 13 week travel assignments were an ideal fit. Doing so helped me gain confidence as a professional.
Pros
Multiple Experinces
Cons
Frequent relocation
You'd better have a strong immune system.
Service Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTJune 25, 2012
I worked there for about three months until I contracted a severe cold (ironically, from one of my coworkers at Onward). I took three days off, then went back the following Monday to try and work through the cold, but it was too much for me; even my manager looked at me and said I looked terrible. The cold was so strong that the first medication my doctor prescribed me was not potent enough to help. So I decided to take more time off to get better and I saw my doctor a second time to get a stronger medication, but then I got a phone call telling me that I was fired.

I have a very strong work ethic; I don't pretend to be sick just to have a day off. I had a severe illness that my body couldn't easily fight off by itself, but apparently having a weak immune system means you can't work for Onward Healthcare. Perhaps it's a blessing that they fired me...
Pros
good pay and benefits, challenging and interesting work.
Cons
do not take any sick days unless you are dying.
Excellent place to work, Manager Knowledgeable, Fully Staffed
Quality Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJanuary 18, 2015
I loved working for this company. I was thoroughly trained by a wonderful, kind, patient management team. I worked for them for 9 years and will never forgot the knowledge I received. We had full staff which means everyone could concentrate on their own jobs which gave us time to make sure our work was quality. We were able to enjoy or jobs and we also had great benefits. Plenty of opportunity to grow within the company.
Pros
Loving Environment, Good Wage, Awesome Health Care, Caring Management, Hardworking co-workers
Cons
Had to close due to bad economy
Liars! Get everything in writing!
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NebraskaJune 20, 2013
You will be promised everything and if it is not in your contract, you will not get it period. They will try to take ever penny they can. My assignment went to scrub colors and I was promised to be paid, but it was not in my contract. They require a physical every year, so put it in writing that they pay for it. I was told on the phone they would pay, but $350 later they said it was not in my contract. Of course when I call there now they will not return my calls. I will tell every nurse I know not to travel with this company! My recruiter was nice and would call me back in a heart beat, then they fired her. They did not give her, her last pay check and I had to call and fight for mine. Please skip over this company when looking for travel nursing jobs. This experience soured me on traveling nursing, I am now going to take a permanent position and stay put. Please beware they will not pay you everything you have coming. The pay is only $20/hr. My new permanent position pays more per hour and that is even with the travel benefits added in!
Pros
Zero, nothing, terrible terrible company
Cons
Listed in my review
Excellent work/life balance
Payroll Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTMarch 5, 2015
Great place to work. Great management. Benefits could be better.
Excellent culture. Recently purchased by AMN and changes are coming.
Pros
flexile schedule
benefits
So So
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 6, 2012
Not a stable location. Worked for them twice, 1st time I was hired and without warning I was laid off after only 4 months. The 2nd time I was hired the same thing happened.

Not a stable company as far as employment is concerned and management is extremely questionable. Proper skills are lacking.
Pros
fun, great benefits
Cons
poor management, lack of stability
SLP offered travel contract that was't worth the paper it was written on
SLP (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TxJanuary 18, 2013
IF you're going to travel with this company, Be Ware. They are out to get you. A traveler should read the contract thoroughly and have it reviewed by an attorney before you sign. Its a good thing that I have a legal background and fully understood the slippery slope that I was not willing to take. The recruiters are very ambiguous and promise you a salary that is not listed in the final contract. Also this contract places all of the risks on the employee and none on the employer. IT also includes a clause that says Onward can change your compensation package at will without consulting you -The employee. The H_ll you will. I refused to sign this contract and the better for it.
Cons
low salary/ridiculous contracts
My recruiter, Meg Halsch, was exceptional! She provided a great support system as I traveled. She always went above and beyond to assist me in anythin
Contracted Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 13, 2015
As a traveling SLP, I am able to be placed in various settings meeting new therapists. My assignment in a SNF setting led me to meeting excellent therapists and making new friendships in the process. I couldn't have asked for a better rehabilitation team to work with. Great experience!
Pros
Helpful recruiters, great compensation plans, loved traveling and meeting new therapists
Productive and vibrant workplace
RN Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTApril 9, 2016
Overall a great working environment, a team environment, with many resources at my fingertips. Great incentives and room to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ONWARD HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.