ONWARD HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Fun place helpful
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXNovember 19, 2017
friendly, I would recommend this company to anyone. I just started and I have been helped by so many people. They have worked so hard to do everything I have asked of them.
Pros
all pros
Cons
no cons
Enjoy working for onward. Brandy my recruiter is Amazing.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 5, 2017
Brandy is an awesome recruiter. Explains everything and easy to reach. They pay is great. Would like more affordable health insurance for spouse. Overall a great place to work and would definitely recommend if you like to travel.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not permanent
Travel nurse, dont actually work at company...
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2017
The pay is subpar compared to other companies. No sick leave. Housing subpar and unsafe. Housing department waits until the week before contract starts to finally tell you your apartment so you can't dispute location due to short notice. No sick time sucks! Not only do you lose money from hours missed but they take even more money for per diems. When unable to make up the sick days that week but can the following week they never give back the extra money taken for per diems. They charge hospital for when overtime is worked but the person actually working the overtime gets just straight pay. Too many issues and not enough time to go on.
Pros
Lots of available contracts
Cons
Low pay, poor housing, no sick leave, double dipping paycheck when sick
Great Company
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for AMN. I would recommend using them as a recruiter when looking for a healthcare job. They listened to my needs. Overall I had no issues.
Pros
Professional
Cons
at times trouble with timesheet
Official response from ONWARD HEALTHCARE
September 6, 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience and we are glad you enjoyed working with us!

Kerry Sirkka, Vice President, Nursing Division

Great traveling company to work with
Traveling Contract Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working with Onward Healthcare and my recruiter Gillian was PHENOMENAL. I heard some traveling companies do give PTO and unfortunately, Onward did not.
Pros
Great recruiter
Cons
No PTO
Official response from ONWARD HEALTHCARE
September 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Onward! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed working with Gillian. While we don’t provide PTO, we do provide many other benefits. We hope you keep that in mind the next time you search for a new travel assignment!

Kerry Sirkka, Vice President, Nursing Division

terrific
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 25, 2017
Terrific people . Contacts and networking are awesome. Learned and relearned . Confirmed why Nursing is MY GIG More work needed Longer contracts .
Nice job
RN (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 31, 2017
This was a travel position. Learned some new things at different hospitals. Hardest part was learning a hospital very quickly due to the quick orientation for travelers.
Pros
travel different places, good pay
Cons
shifts, quick orientations
Travel worked well for me at the time
Traveling Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 22, 2017
The compensation is good and there were multiple job opportunities in the area I wanted. This worked well for me at that time in my life as I moved and relocated to another state.
Multiple job sites
RN/Full-Time - Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 2, 2017
Travel agency job. Duties of the job can be stressful but that is just normal when being a nurse. You have to fast-paced times and then slower-paced times. I would say its well balanced. Enjoyed going to new work locations and learning new things.
Pros
Multiple chances to learn new things.
Cons
Can be stressful.
It is an agency that look for temporary, per diem and contract assignment. They do it to the best of their ability and according to availability
Registered Nurse - Telemetry Unit Per-Diem (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 8, 2017
Professional, honest, and supportive. They try to place their employees at the best hospital and take times to check every employees skills and acountability
Pros
Job availability
Cons
No training
management
RN (Former Employee) –  MultipleApril 8, 2017
Management was never very helpful. Contracts would change in a moments notice and you would be expected to just "go with it". Never felt as if the company had my back.
Great travel company
Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 5, 2017
This is a great travel company. They are great at placement. Anytime I had an issue with my pay or had questions they always had answers in a timely manner.
had nice places to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Broad Hollow, WYApril 5, 2017
Company was good at finding good jobs for their nurses where they would learn new and marketable skills. Might consider doing another assignment with their company.
no longer in CT
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMarch 31, 2017
n/a this company has been moved to california. All employees in my area were terminated and given a severance package as long as they were employed a minimum of 1 year.
steady schedule flexible
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Received ambulance reports for overview, entered patient information such as name, address, date of birth, social security number and insurance into MCat billing software. Contacted patients and insurance to verify and collected payment
Pros
comfortable enviroment
Cons
no room for advancement
Travel nurse
Travel nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
This company has helped shaped me into the flexible nurse that I am today. I have loved working for this travel company and will not work with any other travel company. The only issue that I have had is I have had 3 different recruiters with this company.
Great opportinuity
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Great opportunity job. Enjoyed working with the elderly and spending time with them. Enjoyed the potion I had with that company.
Great Place to get started
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2017
Lose corporate atmosphere which some many enjoy. Great place to get your feet wet and learn how to work a book of business. Learn when you can and then move on.
Company that goes above and beyond
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 26, 2017
This is a company that strives to do everything they can to ensure that the RN is satisfied and ready to complete the job they are sent to. Management had good communication skills with the employees
Pros
great pay
Travel Nursing Company
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 26, 2017
management of my file by my last recruiter was always getting lost by recruiter. Unable to get reimbursed for travel costs in a timely manner. Housing was na issue at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ONWARD HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.