Onyx Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Great place to work; people to work with; opportunity to learn
Global Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 4, 2016
Onyx demonstrated high level of respect for employees, patients, and the healthcare professional while holding each of us accountable for our decisions and actions while achieving our goals with integrity for doing the right thing and in collaboration with one another to encourage teamwork, honest and timely communication and we enjoyed personal fulfillment and satisfaction as I invested in my professional growth and development. I truly enjoyed my 13 years of employment with Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Pros
work hard, play hard, gift of time, bonuses, pay raises
Cons
not worth writing about
Productive and fun workplace
MRP Specialist, Commercial Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2016
Productive and fun workplace, great people, friendly atmosphere, challenging work, supportive workers and management
Onyx Pharmacueticals
Senior Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2016
I had an excellent experience working for Onyx! The staff was reliable and knowledgeable. Definitely a highlight in my career!
Company no longer exists.
Medical Director (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2016
The company was bought out by Amgen and no longer exist. Most of the employees were laid off and those who were retained moved to Thousand Oaks, California
Pros
Good paay and stock options
Cons
Company no longer exist
Great company, too bad it was aquired
Operational Excellence Manager (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Great small company feeling with a lot of energy initially until it was bought out by a bigger company. Both companies are good, it's just small vs big corporation.
Excellent place to work
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Title: Associate Director Drug Safety Information Systems.

Onyx Pharmaceuticals was acquired by Amgen. It is an excellent place to work, good team.
Senior Admin Assistant
senior administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CADecember 15, 2015
Heavy calendar for high level managers & directors schedule.
Work with other teams cross functionally.
Expense reports
Reconcile expense reports
On the move, professional environment
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2014
always room to grow, great benefits, full support from management to learn new things via seminars and certificates.
Meaningful, productive, dedicated, hardworking
Senior Patent Administrator (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Onyx Pharmaceuticals had been acquired by Amgen and as part their restructuring strategy, a number of employees were laid off including myself.

Onyx was a wonderful, meaningful place to work--great culture, very caring of their employees, supportive. I worked with a dedicated and hard working group of legal professionals. At the end of the day, all hard work pays off knowing that somehow we've helped cancer patients live better and longer lives.

It's been a great three years.

Thank you, Onyx!
Working at Onyx
Senior Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 1, 2014
Typical Day at Onyx

Calendar management for 5 mgrs/directors
Intense Expense Reporting for all
Travel Arrangements

Hardest part of the job- none
Most Enjoyable part of the job- my boss and his upbeat attitude
Very diversity culture and fun work environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant \ Project Management (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2015
Working at Onyx is so rewarding due to the procducts that are in the pipe line that I know it will make a difference in our lives.
Pros
excellent benefit
Cons
company relocating to thousand oaks, ca
Great People
MANAGER, CLINICAL PROGRAMMING OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Great place to work but a lack of defined and documented process makes for a less than efficient day-to-day.
Pros
great culture, oh yeah free fruit!
Cons
little to no documented processes
Its good working with Onyx I learnt lot of new things
Statistical SAS Programmer (Current Employee) –  CAJune 2, 2015
Productive and fun workplace....... and I learnt so many new things. Employees are very friendly. I enjoyed a lot working with all of them
Fun work environment
Associate Director, Global Marketing Kyprolis (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 30, 2015
Have loved working for this company. Sad to see Amgen will shut down Onyx later this year. Best part of the time here was working with many talented folks.
Great management and team work
Business Analyst/Systems Support (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Onyx (now part of Amgen) is a world-class organization. The best part of the job was working with a broad group of professionals to ensure that the software systems operated as expected and supported users of the systems in their business functions.
Pros
excellent facilities
Cons
it is being outsourced and away from the company
Productive and Fun Loving place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  South San FranciscoFebruary 14, 2015
Its a wonderfull place to work. I would love work here as a fulltime employee. It cares a lot about its employee. Except the commute time everything is fine with this company. wonderfull managers to work with.
Pros
free frits
Cons
biopharmaceuticals
Biotech Life Sciences
Regional Business Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 5, 2013
Small company. Very bright field representatives. Business model wasn't the same as larger companies. There were pros and cons to that. Pro, didn't have many layers to go through for information. Con- there was some lack of discipline and sense of structure.
Pros
few layers to go through in the company
Cons
lack of structure and discipline at times
I worked for fortune 500 companies with world class professions with cutting edge technologies
SAS Programmer (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2012
Great people
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2013
Great place to work! Great people and atmosphere.
Enjoy the teams and managment
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CADecember 18, 2013
It is a good place to work. The acquisition of the Company by AMGEN has changed things a bit.
Cons
lack of communication

4.6