Open Cities Health Center Employee Reviews

I loved working at Open Cities health Center
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 28, 2017
Assist patients of all cultures, I learned that working for a non profit is a rewarding experience. The hardest part of the job was seeing the patients that couldn't afford eye glasses. The most enjoyable part was the time we spent together as a family.
Open Cities Health Center
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 17, 2017
Was not an organization that I would recommend due to lack of support and encouragement within the company.To many cliches, to many management styles that didn't coordinate with each other.
Pros
Close to home, transportation, community support
Cons
Communication, processes and procedures, no opportunities for advancement, unorganized
great
Medical Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 23, 2015
great staff and doctors even tho the wait to get your call answered could be real long and sometimes the docs cancel at the last minute which can be stressful
Director of Clinical Services
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 22, 2015
I enjoyed my stay at Open Cities Health Center. It gave me an appreciation of the complexities of a federally qualified clinic. I learned a lot about healthcare policy and the new trend of working with CMA's.
Pros
Community Clinic the was heavily utilized
Cons
Not having enough site to meet the communities medical needs.
Never a typical day!
Medical Assistant/ Sage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 24, 2014
I love that everyday is different! Is the pay less? Yes, it is. However the reward is so much greater! I really enjoyed working here. The co-workers, patients and whole clinic is a fun, realistic place. The providers are passionate and caring. Although some things are typical such as rooming patients obtaining vitals, medical and family history, giving immunizations, prepping for IUD inserts, circumcision, pap smears and more. The only thing that was hard was that because it was a community center, they were going through financial crisis and therefore laid off many of my co-workers which made the job harder because the workload has tripled. Through all these things, I still loved this place the most! I was also the Sage Coordinator processing forms, contacting patient regarding results, educating pap smears and mammograms, and tracking all Sage patients.
fun experiences with Open Cities staff and it's patients. Feels family oriented.
HIV/AIDS Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2014
Open Cities has so much to offer the community. I feel with the right guidance, support and leadership, our slogan; "Serving the community with a heart", could really make a lasting impression throughout the Twin Cities.
Pros
Having the opportunity to work with various cultures and types of people.
Cons
Non-supportive management and high employee turnover rates.
Great team to work with!
Dental Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 10, 2014
Community clinic that is helping patients with medical,dental, and behavior needs.
Very busy switchboard with a lot of upset patients
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 24, 2012
I felt I handled the position very well as I played a very important part of the clinic, patients, and staff.
Pros
a lot of the patients let me know that i helped them greatly
Cons
when patients were yelling at me for what someone else in the clinic did
Everyone enjoyed doing what they love doing.
Medical Assistant/ student externship (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2012
My experience there was not long, but I enjoyed every minute that I was there. I was surrounded by people who loves doing what they do best there, and that is taking care of patients well being.
Pros
i did enjoyed the free lunches, plus the one hour break!
Cons
the hours, the clinic closes at 8pm