Open English

Open English Employee Reviews

Flexible, fun working conditions (personal computer)
ESL Instructor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours, monitoring student progress
Cons: finding available working hours, low pay
Part-time working as an online instruction for students desiring to learn English

Management provided constant yet productive feedback and encouragement to hone abilities as an instructor

Reserving available virtual class room times due to shortage of hours and number of instructors was the most challenging part of the job

Working with the students from various countries and listening to them progress. Interacting with the faculty members was also enjoyable.
was nice at 1 time
ESL Teacher (Current Employee), Ocala, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: open schedules
Cons: short breaks declining hours
new formats have too many technical issues New management concerned only about efficiency numbers not about students or teachers
Sad and Disillusioned
Teacher (Current Employee), Miami, FloridaMarch 30, 2014
Pros: we once had flexible schedules and happy work enviroments
Cons: upper management that does not care for the teachers. poor work environment.
I once would have given this company all 5 stars. However, now it has become a war zone watching the CEO and other upper management verbally abuse my former co-workers. Threats and changing rules are daily.

It has become such a horrid place to work.

I love my co-workers but to see once happy hopeful people now sad and bitter, makes me very sad.
Interesting job.
Remote Adviser (Former Employee), RemoteFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: work from home.
Cons: cannot think of any.
I worked 8 hours per day. I got the chance to meet a lot of people from different parts of the world. Most people were friendly and grateful to have an Adviser with them during their learning process. The best part of the job was to see how through my advice, students reached their goals.
Productive and enjoyable job
Student Resources Administrator/Advisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: able to work from home, remotely
Cons: independent contractor
A typical day at work would be turning on the computer in the morning, read the list of income e-mails and start answering them right away in order to have a prompt response. Check on a list of students that are to be called and follow up with their performance and progress. Reach out to them throughout the day, until all of them in the list, is being spoken and contacted. I learned every day a new experience in dealing and handling different kind of situation and issues. My co-workers are very reliable and always willing to cooperate and help any time I need them. The hardest part of the job is when the system is out and I can't reach the students, so the flow of work has to be interrupted while the problem is been solved. The most enjoyable part of the job, is that I am able to communicate in English, Portuguese and Spanish all over the world and also able to help solve the student doubts and problems, and receiving a great feedback from them with gratitude.
Fun and supportive online education company
ESL Teacher (Current Employee), online = anywhere!August 13, 2013
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no set schedule
Very well organized and supportive online teaching company.
Favorite Job EVER
ESL Teacher (Current Employee), Syracuse, New YorkOctober 20, 2012
Pros: great coworkers, work from home, very flexible, a great opportunity to meet new people
I can't thing of a single reason why I don't love working for Open English! I would work there the rest of my life if I can.
Teach English Online
Teacher (Current Employee), MexicoSeptember 13, 2012
Open English is the only job I have ever LOVED! It has a fabulous culture. I am grateful everyday to work in such a positive community. Our students are self-motivated and the resources we have are awesome. The hiring process is a little exacting, but that ensures that only the very best candidates get through. I learn something everyday. I feel much more a part of a community here than I ever did working with coworkers in a physical building. The organization structure is flat, and the organization is always asking for teacher ideas and input. I love feeling like my voice is heard.
I love this company!
Contracted ESL Instructor (Current Employee), AnywhereJune 5, 2012
The Staff is very open and teamwork is a priority. Every day is a new chance to help Spanish speaking adults move ahead in life through English learning.
Headquarters