Open English

Open English Employer Reviews

Sad and Disillusioned
Teacher (Current Employee), Miami, FloridaMarch 30, 2014
Pros: we once had flexible schedules and happy work enviroments
Cons: upper management that does not care for the teachers. poor work environment.
I once would have given this company all 5 stars. However, now it has become a war zone watching the CEO and other upper management verbally abuse my former co-workers. Threats and changing rules are daily.

It has become such a horrid place to work.

I love my co-workers but to see once happy hopeful people now sad and bitter, makes me very sad.
Interesting job.
Remote Adviser (Former Employee), RemoteFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: work from home.
Cons: cannot think of any.
I worked 8 hours per day. I got the chance to meet a lot of people from different parts of the world. Most people were friendly and grateful to have an Adviser with them during their learning process. The best part of the job was to see how through my advice, students reached their goals.
Rewarding Job
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), over the internetFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: meeting many new people from other countries.
Cons: toughest part is ensuring a reliable internet connection.
Working with students is very rewarding especially since they are often mature students from Latin America. It is self scheduling with a minimum 15hr a week required. With most work after 6pm EST. ESL instructors are all contract workers with reimbursement between $9 and $12. You have a 5min break between each class. Great job if you are living outside – more... the USA where living expenses are much lower. I have taught students from over 20 countries Mexico to Argentina. – less
Productive and enjoyable job
Student Resources Administrator/Advisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: able to work from home, remotely
Cons: independent contractor
A typical day at work would be turning on the computer in the morning, read the list of income e-mails and start answering them right away in order to have a prompt response. Check on a list of students that are to be called and follow up with their performance and progress. Reach out to them throughout the day, until all of them in the list, is being – more... spoken and contacted. I learned every day a new experience in dealing and handling different kind of situation and issues. My co-workers are very reliable and always willing to cooperate and help any time I need them. The hardest part of the job is when the system is out and I can't reach the students, so the flow of work has to be interrupted while the problem is been solved. The most enjoyable part of the job, is that I am able to communicate in English, Portuguese and Spanish all over the world and also able to help solve the student doubts and problems, and receiving a great feedback from them with gratitude. – less
Fun and supportive online education company
ESL Teacher (Current Employee), online = anywhere!August 13, 2013
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no set schedule
Very well organized and supportive online teaching company.
Favorite Job EVER
ESL Teacher (Current Employee), Syracuse, New YorkOctober 20, 2012
Pros: great coworkers, work from home, very flexible, a great opportunity to meet new people
I can't thing of a single reason why I don't love working for Open English! I would work there the rest of my life if I can.
Teach English Online
Teacher (Current Employee), MexicoSeptember 13, 2012
Open English is the only job I have ever LOVED! It has a fabulous culture. I am grateful everyday to work in such a positive community. Our students are self-motivated and the resources we have are awesome. The hiring process is a little exacting, but that ensures that only the very best candidates get through. I learn something everyday. I feel much – more... more a part of a community here than I ever did working with coworkers in a physical building. The organization structure is flat, and the organization is always asking for teacher ideas and input. I love feeling like my voice is heard. – less
I love this company!
Contracted ESL Instructor (Current Employee), AnywhereJune 5, 2012
The Staff is very open and teamwork is a priority. Every day is a new chance to help Spanish speaking adults move ahead in life through English learning.
un buen ambiente de trabajo, y excelente trato al empleado
asesora personal (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNNovember 3, 2013
Pros: no trabajaba ni domingos ni festivos, el curso gratis, no hay presion, excelente ambiente laboral, grandes amigos.
Cons: ninguno
normalmente llegaba faltando 20 minutos para las 7 de la mañana, todo era muy relajado y reía todo la jornada laboral, los estudiantes eran mis amigos (la mayoría) y tenia 30 minutos de break en los que desayunaba con mi grupo de trabajo.

no había presión alguna, porque yo sabía que tenia que hacer diariamente y no tenia limites de tiempo con respecto – more... al trabajo, lo que me hacia mas entusiasta al respecto, tenia la ventaja de tener el curso de ingles gratis, así que al terminar mi trabajo antes de las 2 pm, podía aprender ingles de otra forma. – less
OPEN ENGLISH
ASESORA DE VENTAS (Current Employee), Bogotá, CUNSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: con todo lo de ley...
Cons: descanso para despejar la mente...
En el tiempo que duré trabajando como Asesora de ventas de OPEN ENGLISH considero que esta empresa me ha enseñado demasiado, he aprendido de ella, me ha enseñado a superarme como persona y sobre todo alli te enseñan muchos valores como el respeto,confianza,amista y la union...
OTIMA EMPRESA
ASSESSORA DE PRODUTO (Current Employee), Barueri, SPMay 20, 2013
Pros: ótimas comissões
Cons: pessimo sistema de discagem
Empresa seria que valoriza seus funcionarios e da grandes oportunidades de crescimento
Ambiente de trabajo divertido . alta motivacion
Asesor de producto (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNMay 7, 2013
Pros: todas las prestaciones.
Cons: falta de herramientas para mejores resultados a nivel laboral. limitando la igualdad de competencia.
me gusto que a pesar de ser un trabajo de alta presion habian mucha motivacion y buen trato.
Excelentes relaciones interpersonales. trabajo en equipo competitivo.
no me gusto los privilegios q se brindan a pocos . limitando la igualdad de competencia.
Muy buen equipo de trabajo
Analista de Recursos Humano (Former Employee), Caracas, VenezuelaNovember 13, 2012
Pros: beneficios superiores a los establecidos en la ley
Cons: no hay, es una excelente empresa.
El equipo de trabajo se caracteriza por se jovial, alegre y con una alta motivación al logro. Las personas que la conforman son profesionales de alto nivel que han logrado que Open English sea una de las principales empresas a nivel de latino-américa con mayor proyección.

About Open English

Open English is on a mission to revolutionize the way people learn English, using technology to enable outstanding teaching and – Read more

Open English Photos