Open Society Foundations

Open Society Foundations Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent, supportive organization with superior benefits and work environment
Administrative Assistant, Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Excellent! Open Society Foundations offeres a wonderful work culture that allows its employees to really feel at home while they are encouraged and supported in performing their duties.
Pros
free lunches, excellent benefits, trainings and in-house worklife culture
Better off saying nothing
System Administrator / End-User Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2013
If you have nothing nice to say, better say nothing at all.

Great benefits will never make up for poor management.
educative and a great learning place
Development Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2014
Workload can be very busy but very educative and a great place to develop startling professional skills! . Interning there at the same time going to school at first seem like an impossible thing but do to my determinations and courage to achieve my dreams, I was abled to mix both professional responsibility to produced positive result for the success of my department and to the satisfactions of my departmental manager and director. Skills learned were incredible, from leadership, to concept note writing and to supervisions including working together with highly competitive professionals around the world in a diverse culture and society. All these were incredible achievement I achieved there.
Great work environment
Western Balkans Temporary Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
I learned how civil society develops from the inside of a very successful organization. A typical day at work involved me keeping an eye on local news that could affect our national foundations as well as the people located within those nations, I would translate Albanian news articles into English. My daily tasks also included corresponding via e-mail and phone, with our national foundations as well as the general public, answering and forwarding any questions. I also learned about the process of grant making and grants management and was able to witness how local people have been able to change their homes and move toward an open society.
Pros
very kind, helpful and knowledgeable co-workers, and they provide lunch!
A unique and stimulating workplace where staff is allowed to gain invaluable experience and knowledge
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2013
OSF is a unique and amazing organization. Staff members are highly committed and passionate individuals for whom this is not simply a job, it's a life philosophy. Work is never boring - from grantmaking, to program design and management. While there are limited opportunities and internal mobility, it is a flexible organization that allows staff to go beyond their formal responsibilities and gain invaluable experience and knowledge.
Pros
free lunches, a collection of brilliant, capable and passionate professioanls
Cons
demanding workload and work schedule, limited mobility
Endless strategy discussions
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2015
New leadership, shifting values, and realignment of programs seems to have turned the organization upside down. Lots of time spent debating strategy with little to show for it. Here's to hoping the chaos ends soon.
Office Management
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Assure daily functions are intact for the well being of all employees.
Clean and organized office setting for maximum output from the employees
Google of Non Profits
NetSuite Business/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 2, 2014
OSF is indeed creative and innovative. Utilizing cloud-based tools the organization is off to a great start. A bit more organization with daily tasks would be best however things take time.
Pros
work environment
Cons
lack of priorities, no team morale
Great place to work!
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2014
Excellent HR team, very caring and motivating
Important mission to be apart of
Great leadership
Simple office work
Temporary Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2012
I worked there when I was a teenager as a temp. Worked there part time doing simple office work. Answered phones, made copies, faxed and filed documents.