OSI (www.osii.com), a leader in development and implementation of open systems based control systems for the electric utility industry, has an immediate opening for a Software Development Project Manager. This role is a key part of our development group with significant impact on project activities.
- Manage Software Development project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure.
- Work closely with department managers, team leads and technical leads on technical direction and approach as related to project planning around Software Development activities such as solidifying implementations, extending feature sets, etc.
- Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
o Detailed project plans
o Project schedules
o Project scope statements
o Cost estimates
o Resource plans
o Risk and issues logs
o Status reports
- Tailor project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual (new and/or ongoing) projects.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; conduct status meetings with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within cost parameters.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external business units in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Work collaboratively with other project managers and across project teams to identify and resolve issues with minimal guidance, escalating as appropriate.
- Assist Software Development Management with the preparation of reports to Senior Management.
- Update the over-arching project plan for assigned projects.
- Provide input into strategic planning and asset creation processes.
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning initiatives.
- Coach and train project team members on Software Development processes and best practices.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Five to seven years of experience in a technology environment, including 2-3 years of practical professional experience in project management.
- Fundamental understanding of basic software programming.
- Proficient with MS Project and MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and/or leading cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, end users, all levels of management and others outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated with ability to drive projects.
- Experience with business cases, and compiling and analyzing information to estimate project costs.
Preferred or Desired Qualifications:
- PMP certification.
- Experience with process improvement projects.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees. Benefits include flexible work hours, health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays.
Additional perks include free beverages, employee events, fitness discounts, casual Fridays, exciting travel opportunities, direct deposit, employee referral bonus programs, and monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development. To join our successful team, apply below.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and any salary expectations via email to Human Resources.
Include the following Reference Job Code in your EMAIL Subject Line: PM2-12
If you are unable to apply electronically, please send your resume with appropriate job code to:
OSI, Human Resources
4101 Arrowhead Drive
Medina, MN 55340
OSI is an equal opportunity employer.
OSI is the leading supplier of open automation solutions for real-time management and optimization of complex production, transport, and...