OpenTech Alliance Employee Reviews

worst place to work
Training and Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2017
The CEO of the company still has a lot to learn about managing others. The company is so small and not innovative to say the least. The culture is a grind and the systems and processes could be simplified to make the employees more efficient.
Positive work environment
Storage Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2017
While working with OTA, they provided a great experience. Healthy food available within our job and great lounge area was a plus when they added this towards the end of my position with them. Everyone was very open and welcome d me and every employee there with open doors and the positivity there was contagious and wonderful. I am very grateful all that I learned from working there.
Pros
Fun work activities, lots of pot lucks and fun ways to earn extra money
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare, poor management
Productive and fun work place and still growing.
Storage Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2016
Great place to work and is actually still growing which will give you an opportunity to grow in the company as well. Will work with you as best as possible if you have any personal issues going on. Good management and great people to work with.
Pros
Can get a lot of overtime during the busy season
Cons
short lunch breaks
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant/Storage Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2016
Open and supportive environment where management maintains transparency regarding company direction to all employees.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, free lunches
Worked well with flexability
Storage Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2015
This company is a great company however they do not appreciate their employees and the skills each individual brings to the table. I have been working there since February and since there I have been averaging 50+ hours a week during the slow season and 60+ during the busy season. Since I have been there I have not only done my individual job but helped to train 3 classes of new hires and have done work to complete the job of people "higher" up than I am. I have asked several times during my employment for more responsiblity with higher pay and continue to be passed over. Management in charge of the call center floor has little to no experience in multi tasking and providing assistance where it is needed hence my involvment in helping to train the new hires. During employment I have learned that I am more than capable of providing a high level of customer service and going above and beyond for each person I speak with.
Pros
Flexability with dealing with my special needs child.
Cons
I am providing a level of customer service and dedication that is not being appreciated.
Lower management obviously plays favorites
Storage Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2014
read above. They also would like to assign the workload to as few individuals as possible. Taking 8-12% of the call volume on a day when 60 other people are scheduled is not the right way to manage.
It was a calming atmosphere and great trainers. They also provided lockers!
Storage Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2014
I typical work day consist of clocking in at 7:30am, get my coffee and pastry, then sit at my desk and answer incoming calls from different storage facilities. The hardest part of the job was there weren't any personal desks or computers. They were all first come first serve. I had a hard time with this because any information I learned or new short cuts I couldn't keep or save anything on the computer. The most enjoyable part of this job were the customers. They made the job interesting. Even if you had 10 payment type calls, each customer caused it not to feel redundant.
Nice Enviroment
Storage Consuler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2014
I loved the management and co workers at this work place. The easiest type of calls are payments but sometimes there are tenants who want to go on a rant. Also they offer alot of overtime.
Fun and ver productive place to work
Storage Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix,AzJanuary 10, 2014
OpenTech has so manything to do. There is never a dull moment working here unless you scheduled at 5am . I loved working here.
Pros
everything
Cons
Dealing with crazy people on the phones
Innovative and proactive experience.
Customer Service Representative/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2013
OpenTech Alliance was an educational experience for me. I've gained a substantial amount of information in the storage industry. With the responsibilities of taking calls for over 800 facilities, while acting as an assistant manager, allowed me to see the industry both as a facility manager and a third party operator. My knowledge also expanded once I became a supervisor within the call center of OpenTech Alliance.

The most difficult part of the position was adapting spontaneously to excessive and unique changes per client.

I really enjoyed the overall freedom of the call center. Opentech's office didn't practice extreme micro managing, which made working with co-workers very enjoyable.
Pros
Great Benefits, including a free AAA membership.
Cons
Overall company communication.