OpenText Employee Reviews in United States

A company that could do better
Senior Digital Global Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJApril 29, 2016
Continual management changes and restructuring has resulted in attrition of excellent talent after they have become lost in the sauce. OpenText buys less than stellar performing tech companies with no true vision for integration with the solutions portfolio. Hardest part of the job is an extremely deep approval process and very little concern for work/life balance. This may not be reflective of all areas and departments. All ideas and pet projects are driven by management with very little input from the hands-on experts.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
No long-term visionaries
Formerly great company
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2016
Former great company misguided by current Executive team.

Pockets of people that still care and don't live in fear. Much more care and attention on growing revenue vs. customer focused and retention.
Quickly growing company, can forget about employees
Senior Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brookpark, OHJanuary 21, 2016
Spend the majority of your day in the Application Engineer position sitting on conference calls. They don't allow much room for growth, seems the only way to move up in the company is when someone leaves due to the work/life balance being lackluster
Senior management is awesome/ disorganized environment
Contract Analyst- Audited (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 22, 2015
I have been a contractor with OT for 2 months and although the culture is vibrant and the company itself is progressive, a little more structure and organization would create a more favorable work environment. Could use more HR oversight.
SAAS - The Best of the Best
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJNovember 19, 2015
OpenText has dreams of becoming the biggest software company and it will grow and grow!

I learned about SaaS, EDI, SalesForce, spreadsheets and more.

My team couldn't have been anymore of a team. A great learning environment and we had fun while doing it.
Pros
There is lots of work to keep you going and you get paid to do it. Great Benifits
Cons
Management focus is on the money and its not clear how they plan to get there.
Smart people, solid culture, Upper-management needs work
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 22, 2015
OpenText is a decent place to work in terms of people, culture, and compensation. I rarely dread my morning drive into work. The work/life balance can be bad around release-time, but that is fairly typical in most software shops.

Upper management is pretty clueless. Not a lot of innovation going on within the company, which is sad since there are a lot of smart folks here.
Pros
Modern stack, good equipment, solid compensation and benefits
Cons
Penchant for layoffs
Productive and fun office environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 25, 2015
Great work place with supportive management. Very fun and friendly workers. Diverse environment. As long as you work hard and make your goal for the day, the management isn't on your case. You could make Bonus. Weekends off, Holidays off, Management always took us out to lunch before Christmas. Every so often we had Pizza parties or pot lucks. They really appreciated the workers. If the office I was working for didn't close I would still be working there. I loved it.
Pros
Weekends off, bonus, holidays off, full time, management, workers
Cons
They worked with agency workers so nobody was actually through the company
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHSeptember 8, 2015
No room for advancement in the position I was in. Also the pay wasn't quite enough for them to keep adding things to do. Co-workers were nice.
OT purchased company and does not understand its business
Senior Business Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 25, 2015
OT purchased the copany i worked for, which is a software service company. OT does not understand this business well. It is also not a US company, which i would prefer.
Pros
able to work remotely
benefits
Decent Company but with a lot of corporate overhead
Director of Product Management (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WashingtonAugust 17, 2015
Company is heading in the right direction with a focus on the cloud but the growth through acquisition strategy caused both opportunities and a lot of pains.
Pros
Security
Cons
Corporate approval required for everything.
Growth through acquisition
SENIOR MANAGER, CUSTOMER MARKETING (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 17, 2015
Company grows through acquisition, with inevitable churn caused by redundancies. Headquartered in university town of Waterloo (ON), and with amalgamation of internal software apps and external product lines, company processes and culture take some getting used to. Overall, it's a nice place to work, but you won't be setting the world on fire.
Pros
work/life balance, decent benefits
Cons
management, product churn, layoffs due to acquisitions
Great company
Business Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  virtualJuly 21, 2015
I'm thankful for my time at OpenText. Challenging/rewarding, great people, successful company. I will miss working for OpenText.
Pros
Work Life Balance, great people, fast paced
Unpleasent work experience.
Channels Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 10, 2015
Too much to explain. Always new managerial changes that do not make any sense. Sales management flawed, company culture weak.
A bureaucratic place with many rules.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 7, 2015
I worked very hard for bosses who used fear as a motivation device. Overall, a very unpleasant place to work at. They were intimidatory and never rewarded good work.
Comfortable and enjoyable place to work
IT Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day begins with a daily conference call. I work mostly with new clients. Therefore, I enjoy being readily available to answer all of their questions, as well as meeting all of their needs. Open Text is an awesome company to work for. However, at this point I feel that it is time for me to move on to something bigger and better. I am ready for a new challenge.
On the local level excellent, on the corporate level bad
QA Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 25, 2015
OpenText is an acquisition based company, some parts are good, some parts are not. The current fondness for layoffs in spite of profitability are not.
OpenText, Great company, Amazing opportunity's with a bittersweet ending
RightFax Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 23, 2015
In a typical day for a RightFax Technical Analyst is helping resolve enterprise level company problems with their RIghtFax Fax Software. It expanded my ability to provide excellent customer support while teaching the in's and outs of system admin work. The local management is awesome and there isn't a single thing I could think of describing them; they always went above and beyond. The co-workers always made it interesting and it was always like one big family.

Hardest part of the job would be some of the technical issues and how abstract they can be.

Best part? Haha figuring out those abstract issues.
Pros
lunches, free soda/coffee, amazing local management.
Cons
n/a
Team Work and Great Work Ethics
Managed Services Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Brook Park, OHJanuary 20, 2015
My typical day at work consisted of alerting clients of file failures or network failures. I learned the most crucial part of the job is being able to work with other team members and asking for help. I worked with with the management team and other managers on various projects. The most challenging part was training myself to be patient and keep digging for the answers until the solution was found. The most enjoyable part was the rewarding feeling after my and our accomplishments as a team.
Pros
comfortable laid back atmosphere
Cons
company buyout and changes in my shift
fast paced environment
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  WorldOctober 8, 2014
It's a fast paced environment in which you must keep learning and developing both technical and inter personal skills.
Engaging technical challenges.
Global Enterprise Operations Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJJuly 14, 2014
The day to day responsibilities provide a variety of opportunities to identify, investigate, document and troubleshoot technical challenges associated with systems hardware, proprietary software platforms, network and telephony transport.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OpenText. Our community is ready to answer.