OpenText Employee Reviews

Terrific job culture, mediocre management
Senior Marketing Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 10, 2017
OpenText is a decent place to work, cool job culture. Mid-level management can be either extremely good or terrible, however. Benefits are expensive for employees compared to other companies.
Pros
Compensation, fun work atmosphere
Cons
Benefits, mid-level management
SENIOR SOLUTIONS ENGINEERING PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 8, 2017
great workplace culture, vision, teamwork, promotes innovation, and thought-leadership. Excellent management and strong ethics. Work life balance and time management.
Pros
open door to management
Cons
Productive and busy workplace.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
A typical day at work. The days are long, and can be overwhelming at times due to lack of staffing compared to work load. All in all a good company to work for. There is alot of knowledge to be learned.
Pros
Nice break room
Productive and casual
Production Supervisor/Document scanner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Opentext is a great company to work for and work with. Very professional and family oriented. Document imaging company that handles documents with care.
Productive and challenging
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Great place to work and learn new technologies.
The company has set goals and aims to executes them.
Very big on education, provides means to advance career.
A company that could do better
Senior Digital Global Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJApril 29, 2016
Continual management changes and restructuring has resulted in attrition of excellent talent after they have become lost in the sauce. OpenText buys less than stellar performing tech companies with no true vision for integration with the solutions portfolio. Hardest part of the job is an extremely deep approval process and very little concern for work/life balance. This may not be reflective of all areas and departments. All ideas and pet projects are driven by management with very little input from the hands-on experts.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
No long-term visionaries
Formerly great company
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2016
Former great company misguided by current Executive team.

Pockets of people that still care and don't live in fear. Much more care and attention on growing revenue vs. customer focused and retention.
Quickly growing company, can forget about employees
Senior Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brookpark, OHJanuary 21, 2016
Spend the majority of your day in the Application Engineer position sitting on conference calls. They don't allow much room for growth, seems the only way to move up in the company is when someone leaves due to the work/life balance being lackluster
SAAS - The Best of the Best
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJNovember 19, 2015
OpenText has dreams of becoming the biggest software company and it will grow and grow!

I learned about SaaS, EDI, SalesForce, spreadsheets and more.

My team couldn't have been anymore of a team. A great learning environment and we had fun while doing it.
Pros
There is lots of work to keep you going and you get paid to do it. Great Benifits
Cons
Management focus is on the money and its not clear how they plan to get there.
Senior management is awesome/ disorganized environment
Contract Analyst- Audited (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 22, 2015
I have been a contractor with OT for 2 months and although the culture is vibrant and the company itself is progressive, a little more structure and organization would create a more favorable work environment. Could use more HR oversight.
Smart people, solid culture, Upper-management needs work
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 22, 2015
OpenText is a decent place to work in terms of people, culture, and compensation. I rarely dread my morning drive into work. The work/life balance can be bad around release-time, but that is fairly typical in most software shops.

Upper management is pretty clueless. Not a lot of innovation going on within the company, which is sad since there are a lot of smart folks here.
Pros
Modern stack, good equipment, solid compensation and benefits
Cons
Penchant for layoffs
Productive and fun office environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 25, 2015
Great work place with supportive management. Very fun and friendly workers. Diverse environment. As long as you work hard and make your goal for the day, the management isn't on your case. You could make Bonus. Weekends off, Holidays off, Management always took us out to lunch before Christmas. Every so often we had Pizza parties or pot lucks. They really appreciated the workers. If the office I was working for didn't close I would still be working there. I loved it.
Pros
Weekends off, bonus, holidays off, full time, management, workers
Cons
They worked with agency workers so nobody was actually through the company
Growth through acquisition
SENIOR MANAGER, CUSTOMER MARKETING (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 17, 2015
Company grows through acquisition, with inevitable churn caused by redundancies. Headquartered in university town of Waterloo (ON), and with amalgamation of internal software apps and external product lines, company processes and culture take some getting used to. Overall, it's a nice place to work, but you won't be setting the world on fire.
Pros
work/life balance, decent benefits
Cons
management, product churn, layoffs due to acquisitions
great place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 2, 2016
this place was good. Management cares and culture is friendly. I will recommend this place to others. many great opportunities exist.
Comfortable and enjoyable place to work
IT Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day begins with a daily conference call. I work mostly with new clients. Therefore, I enjoy being readily available to answer all of their questions, as well as meeting all of their needs. Open Text is an awesome company to work for. However, at this point I feel that it is time for me to move on to something bigger and better. I am ready for a new challenge.
OpenText, Great company, Amazing opportunity's with a bittersweet ending
RightFax Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 23, 2015
In a typical day for a RightFax Technical Analyst is helping resolve enterprise level company problems with their RIghtFax Fax Software. It expanded my ability to provide excellent customer support while teaching the in's and outs of system admin work. The local management is awesome and there isn't a single thing I could think of describing them; they always went above and beyond. The co-workers always made it interesting and it was always like one big family.

Hardest part of the job would be some of the technical issues and how abstract they can be.

Best part? Haha figuring out those abstract issues.
Pros
Lunches, free soda/coffee, amazing local management.
Cons
N/A
Team Work and Great Work Ethics
Managed Services Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Brook Park, OHJanuary 20, 2015
My typical day at work consisted of alerting clients of file failures or network failures. I learned the most crucial part of the job is being able to work with other team members and asking for help. I worked with with the management team and other managers on various projects. The most challenging part was training myself to be patient and keep digging for the answers until the solution was found. The most enjoyable part was the rewarding feeling after my and our accomplishments as a team.
Pros
comfortable laid back atmosphere
Cons
Company buyout and changes in my shift
Decent Company but with a lot of corporate overhead
Director of Product Management (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WashingtonAugust 17, 2015
Company is heading in the right direction with a focus on the cloud but the growth through acquisition strategy caused both opportunities and a lot of pains.
Pros
Security
Cons
Corporate approval required for everything.
OT purchased company and does not understand its business
Senior Business Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 25, 2015
OT purchased the copany i worked for, which is a software service company. OT does not understand this business well. It is also not a US company, which i would prefer.
Pros
able to work remotely
benefits
Amazing group of people and overall a fun and productive work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 11, 2014
My overall experience at OpenText was positive. This company provides great health benefits and I was fortunate to have managers that encouraged their staff to expand their skills and grow with the company.

The most enjoyable part of my position as an executive assistant was the event planning for our internal staff and managing the contracts for our division. As a marketing coordinator, I enjoyed coordinating events for our customers and working with sales on their email campaigns.
Pros
Great work environment and amazing people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OpenText. Our community is ready to answer.

64%