Opentext

Opentext Employee Reviews

Comfortable and enjoyable place to work
IT Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day begins with a daily conference call. I work mostly with new clients. Therefore, I enjoy being readily available to answer all of their questions, as well as meeting all of their needs. Open Text is an awesome company to work for. However, at this point I feel that it is time for me to move on to something bigger and better. I am ready for a new challenge.
On the local level excellent, on the corporate level bad
QA Engineer III (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 25, 2015
OpenText is an acquisition based company, some parts are good, some parts are not. The current fondness for layoffs in spite of profitability are not.
Team Work and Great Work Ethics
Managed Services Technical Support (Former Employee), Brook Park, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: comfortable laid back atmosphere
Cons: company buyout and changes in my shift
My typical day at work consisted of alerting clients of file failures or network failures. I learned the most crucial part of the job is being able to work with other team members and asking for help. I worked with with the management team and other managers on various projects. The most challenging part was training myself to be patient and keep digging for the answers until the solution was found. The most enjoyable part was the rewarding feeling after my and our accomplishments as a team.
fast paced environment
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), WorldOctober 8, 2014
It's a fast paced environment in which you must keep learning and developing both technical and inter personal skills.
Engaging technical challenges.
Global Enterprise Operations Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Tinton Falls, NJJuly 14, 2014
The day to day responsibilities provide a variety of opportunities to identify, investigate, document and troubleshoot technical challenges associated with systems hardware, proprietary software platforms, network and telephony transport.
Amazing group of people and overall a fun and productive work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great work environment and amazing people
My overall experience at OpenText was positive. This company provides great health benefits and I was fortunate to have managers that encouraged their staff to expand their skills and grow with the company.

The most enjoyable part of my position as an executive assistant was the event planning for our internal staff and managing the contracts for our division. As a marketing coordinator, I enjoyed coordinating events for our customers and working with sales on their email campaigns.
Had great Co-workers which made the job fun
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJDecember 9, 2013
Pros: we could work from home 2 days a week
Cons: breaks were short
Assist customes with incoming phone, email and remedy inquiry to quickly and accurately resolve questions/disputes with regard to invoicing.Reseaches and reconciles payment discrepancies. Monitors and collects past due balances form assigined base of accounts pursuant to company policy. Generate credit/debit memos: submit cash reapplications, refunds requests pursuant to submitted requests and customer disputes. The hardest part sometimes was trying getting folks to pay there bill some people came up with best reasons why they wouldn't or refuse to pay. I enjoy the customers which I had a one on one relationship with they know if they called me that any problem they had I would take care of it right away which made be happy.
Fast growing company that hires hard working employees.
Regional Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, MAOctober 19, 2013
OpenText is a very fast growing company that is acquiring many companys. The employees there are very hard working individuals.
Great company to work for
Manager, Customer Services (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAJuly 18, 2013
I was lucky enough to work from a home office most of the time but I supported customers across the country and in Europe and had the pleasure of going to most of them over the course of my career at OT.
consulting experience - terrible management, good learning opportunity
principal consultant (Former Employee), virutalOctober 14, 2012
Pros: potential for learning
Cons: management
for consultants - depending on what projects you get assigned to you will have the opportunity to learn. many of the other consultants are great to work with. other than that this company treats their employees very poorly. they do not care about you at all. your voice will not be heard. i was there almost 6 years. no raises. no employee reviews. it's almost like not existing. when i resigned nobody responded to my resignation email. i worked with HR on my own.
OpenText is a good company with good benefits, but as a part of an acquisition the merge/migration has been somewhat difficult & poorly executed.
Senior Customer Care Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2012
The last 10 years working with OpenText (Global 360) has given me extensive experience in working directly with all avenues of a software company from a sales perspective, customer relationships as well as interdepartmental. It has helped develop and grow my personal attributes such as judgment, decision making abilities and problem solving skills. I have truely learned what it is to be a part of and to work with a "rock star" team and managers who demand no less than our best efforts!
Productive fun with earning bonus
Verification Auditor (Former Employee), Santa Fe Spring, CAJuly 26, 2012
Pros: company treat the employee to lunch on special holiday.
Cons: no holiday pay.
The most typical day at work I have to say is that every once in a while the job changes such as doing new things to get the job production up. What I learn from this job is that I had build more skill in my computer skills. My co-workers we are all great team work. We work well as a team and mangage to get our work done by the deadline. There wasn't really anything hard about this job but everytime there's a change we seem to get a little behind schedule. The most enjoyable part about this job we get bonus.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 19, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
produces and distributes computer software applications designed to enable enterprise content management (ECM) solutions for large corporations across all industries.[

Opentext Salaries