OpenText Employee Reviews

Career progression/ personnel development
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  County CorkJanuary 10, 2018
Being too ambitious doesn't go well with Opentext.
If you are willing to stay in the same position forever then that's the company to work for.
The work life balance is good but that's about it.
Pros
premise
Cons
managers are stripped from power
Large Company, Small satellite office
IT Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJDecember 11, 2017
OpenText is a big global company but the Tinton Falls office is fairly small. Probably only around 60 people on a busy day. Many employees/managers are remote.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation. Week off for the holidays.
Cons
Most top level managers are in Canada, nice for freedom but not great if you're looking to grow
Suitable work environment
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 22, 2017
As a contractor it was a nice place to work. Wished the contract would have been extended. Took a cut in pay for the opportunity but it was fine with me.
Pros
Nice Project Manager
Cons
short contract
Horrible management, that's why they all got fired
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 12, 2017
I loved the job and my co-workers but the management was horrible and that is why they were all fired. The people I worked with were always smart and supportive of each other. It was an amazing environment to work in, until management got involved.
Great stepping stone
Tier II IT Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 4, 2017
OpenText has given me the opportunity to grow in my technical experience. The analyst that I work with are great! The company is focused on a goal and has a plan on how to achieve that goal.
Pros
learning opportunities, great people to work with
Cons
lacking on providing pay raises
flex hours
Leader of Enterprise Information Management (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 20, 2017
flex hours available which helps with traffic and commuting. a lot of times your manager is remote, which sometimes makes it hard to make a "connection" with them.
Ability to work remote (Telecommute)
Technology Consultant IV (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2017
As a consultant in the Professional Services group, I had the luxury of working from home, A nice benefit to communicating to an office very day.

The management team was good. Job training was questionable. Expected to perform a job without any real direction or quality training on the job function.
Pros
Able to work independently and with teams
Cons
No clear direction
productive and some fun
Sr LINUX SYSTEM ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJAugust 24, 2017
Nice place because local to Central Jersey; great culture because company world wide and diverse; technology lacking a little bit; some old proprietary included;
Professional place and atmosphere
Senior Software Engineer - Web Development (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJAugust 21, 2017
large open bright updated office areas
nice conference rooms
nice large kitchen with pantry large fridge with plenty of seating for 30 or more with white board.
run
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 13, 2017
the worst company culture I have ever experienced in north america, run and don't ever look back. The layoffs are constant and the depression is real.
Good Company - Poor Job Security
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 11, 2017
I worked at Open Text for 6 years. During that time I saw numerous lay-offs for a variety of different reasons. Recently, a friend who worked at the company for 16 years was let go with little more reason than the department he worked in needed to downsize by 10%. This was far from the first time a long-time employee was downsized with little explanation.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No job security, loyalty is not rewarded
Visited a lot of customers and learned a lot
Managed Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 2, 2017
OpenText is a great place to work and I enjoyed every day of my work at Opentext for 10+ years.

Both work culture and management is good and they do take care of their employee.
Co-workers, customers, colleagues, and supervisors were golden
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 18, 2017
A place where one can learn, grow, and even enjoy working with customers, as well as work colleagues. In that office, I felt like I was part of a family, much more than just a team.
VP transferred all HP colleagues
Integration Lead (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionJuly 17, 2017
VP Cacnio managed-out almost all current supervisors and leads, hired all his former company's colleagues.

He exercised his power by applying all his ideology from his former company and if suggestions arise, you will be managed-out of the company.
Progressive environment diverse work force and good team building events
Contract Specialist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 16, 2017
I was a contract for OPENTEXT and a lot of the staff still treated us (the contractors) as a part of the team. They have a lot of team building events after work hours that allow you to meet and mingle with the staff. The hardest part about the job was the intense investigative work looking for contracts and translating them if in a different language and converting the money to align contracts with revenue streams from clients. Sometimes you could be working on a contract for half the day. Overall i loved the experience i gained a lot of knowledge on contracts and managing a team.
Pros
Great people, a lot of free lunches
Cons
micro manage a bit when not necessary
I enjoy my work as an outside sales professional
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 5, 2017
A typical office day consists of prospecting potential customers, completing internal paperwork, conducting and participating in internal team and technical meetings. A typical day on business travel revolves around customer meetings and follow up.
Pros
An active job with great compensation
Cons
intense quarterly pressures
Large company with plenty of opportunity
AUTOMATION ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 25, 2017
Good place to work, large company that has sites all over the world. Some growth is available in almost any area, and the experience will largely vary per location. Company can be an enjoyable place to work and balances work and home life well.
Not organic company
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 11, 2017
Constant acquisitions result in no job security. Constant management shuffling.

With the help of OpenText Documentum, we've made patient information available inside of Epic Hyperspace with one click. Our clinical providers are thrilled with the seamless access to patient data, which they have as a result of Clinical Archiving, a unique approach to this challenge.
Productive and busy workplace.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
A typical day at work. The days are long, and can be overwhelming at times due to lack of staffing compared to work load. All in all a good company to work for. There is alot of knowledge to be learned.
Pros
Nice break room
Cons
SENIOR SOLUTIONS ENGINEERING PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 8, 2017
great workplace culture, vision, teamwork, promotes innovation, and thought-leadership. Excellent management and strong ethics. Work life balance and time management.
Pros
open door to management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OpenText. Our community is ready to answer.