Operation Smile Employee Reviews

It was very fun and productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 27, 2017
The work was tough, but they were able to help me. I learned to update all hardware and software for each computer. Hard part was trying to understand all the new equipment that was worked on.
Pros
Helpful people all around
Cons
No Cons
Enjoyable club to be a pat of
Web Master (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 22, 2017
Operation Smile is a club with great intentions. They work hard to raise money for a great cause (for children with cleft lip) and everyone I was a part of this group with was terrific.
Wonderful experience as Credentialing and Volunteer resources intern
Credentialing and Volunteer Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 8, 2017
Despite only working with the company for 4 months as an intern, I grew as an individual. The experiences I gained during my brief time greatly impacted me in a positive way. The staff is so helpful and communicates openly. Any mistakes made are used as learning points, not punishments. This company's work culture serves as a true example for local and international businesses and non-profits. I highly recommend the company.
Pros
Mistakes are learning points not punishments, international connections, expanse of skills
Cons
Work can be monotonous
Productive and fun work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 10, 2016
Great environment where you will be surrounded by educated and like minded social conscious people. Management hierarchy is clear and room for growth is available but requires hard work and determination.
Nice environment to for training
Medical Records Intern (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 8, 2016
I am an intern so I don't get any benefits nor might not get a job after my internship since they are non- profit organization. The people who I worked with are very nice and very friendly. I have full respect of the organization and I like how they do medical missions. Hardest part of the job is it is a unpaid training, it would be nice if it was because some companies they wanted to hire someone with paid experience. I enjoy my job because I am learning new stuff and would like to stay if a position will open up.
Pros
great medical mission
Cons
unpaid inter training and no assurance of job after training.
Good organizational skill, fundraising activities
Medical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vietnam, PRNovember 3, 2016
I have 4 days with the dentists from Operation Smile. I have gathered a few more students to join as a group and performed various fundraising activities to help the children in remote areas, near the organization mission's site. the most enjoyable part of this medical volunteer was I get to improve my socialize communication skill, get to know more people, helping the children and explore new places.
Pros
free food, improve many different skills.
Cons
Short break, always have to move
At Operation Smile
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 3, 2016
I love working for these people because they help children there are any deformities that are made in and start smiling and they're happy... the only bad thing is is it's a nonprofit organization so I didn't get paid but I sure love it.
Pros
Everything about it....
Cons
Well children can be hard to work on.
Meaningful Service
Member (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 25, 2015
This organization allowed myself and fellow students to truly impact the local community and raise awareness of children born with oral malformations.
Great workplace, awesome cause.
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 11, 2015
Always busy work, exciting and rewarding to work for such a wonderful cause, very competent workers who love their job.
Pros
rewarding, young workforce
Cons
high turnover, constant restructuring.
Internship
Global Epidemiologic Research Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2014
• Interviewed families in Mexico for a study on the genetic/environmental etiology of cleft lip and palate
• Used Qualtrics online data analysis software to import information from field interviews for statistical analysis, as well as for survey creation for each new population; Collected samples, handled sensitive medical information
Review
student (Current Employee) –  University Park, PAAugust 7, 2012
Member of Operation Smile. It is an organization at Penn State University that raises money for cleft palate research. I have been a member for 2 years at Penn State. I recently graduated in May. I would attend meetings and make semester payments to the organization.