OPERON RESOURCE MANAGEMENT

OPERON RESOURCE MANAGEMENT Employer Reviews

Good People
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee), Hudson, NHApril 30, 2013
Worked in an office M-F 8-5. Big thing I didn't like was no paid holidays. If the office was closed you didn't get paid. No benefits either.
Great Staffing Company
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Clinton, MaJuly 20, 2012
Pros: gave me full time hours, five 30minute paid breaks, great people to work for and very laid back, easy work too
Cons: pay isn't great, no benifits, no sick time or vaction time.
I went through temp agencies in the past and a lot of them hire without full background checks, or to see if you legal to work. Operon is different in that they check you out, make sure you can read and write, do math, and they put you through a very long orientation process. I went in there through a referral from a good friend that works in the company – more... that operon placed me. I was able to talk with them and stress to them my previous job experience and they offered me a contracted position that has been going on now for 4+ years. With this i know job security will be there and i will always have work, even as a temp. The pay isn't that great but i was having a rough time so anything sounded good to me.

In my position i get five 30 minute paid breaks which is really great since i'm a smoker and it also makes the night go by much quicker. The people i work with are great and they don't stereotype you or feel threatened that you are working with them. My supervisor is a great guy too. As long as you show up everyday and you do your job that's all they care about.

Operon placed me on 12 hour shifts but they are rotating so you work a couple days then get a couple off and it rotates every week until you get about 40 hours a week. Now i'm in as a temp and i'm on a full time schedule, to me i give big thumbs up to operon for putting me on a full time schedule.

It is a little hard to maintain a life schedule with rotating shifts but i like having those breaks in-between and i know 12 hour shifts sound long but with the breaks i get it makes the night go smooth. The job i do is easy and laid back as well so you don't have to kill yourself all night like a lot of other temporary jobs that some other agencies send you too. So you can basically work 12 hour shifts without getting to tired by the middle of the night.

Overall Operon is a great agency, you just have to know how to talk with them to really get in the door to get full time hours. It all depends on your experience and reliability. They seen i was in my last job for almost 5 years so i know that helped me. They are picky with who they choose too and you will see that through the application process. If you fail 3 questions out of 10 questions they send you out with no chance to come back and there is about 8 tests. Good luck and to me Operon is good, the pay isn't that great but they gave me steady work. – less
Temporary Job
Temporary Manufacturing Employee (Former Employee), Hudson, NHJuly 5, 2012
Cons: working 10 hours a day with 30 minute, unpaid lunch
Days were long so it made my schedule less flexible.
Worked 40 hour weeks from Monday - Thursday. Had Fridays off except if asked to work overtime.
Was intended to work all summer before going back to school, but was let go earlier than anticipated due to budget cuts.