OPERS Employee Reviews

Stressful workplace
BUSINESS SOFTWARE TESTER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2017
Typically each day was very stressful at my workplace. The management, at my workplace, lacked in adequate management skills. Their inconsistencies, in what they asked of me, and micromanaging caused excessive stress. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing when I was leaving, for the day.
Pros
In-house cafeteria and workout facility
Cons
Micro-managed and stressful workplace
extremely busy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  columbus, ohioApril 7, 2017
Answer phone calls assist members with retirement and benefit questions. Assisted with all issues with acct either disability pension or health care. Make sure all members understand what they have when they get increases and how their health care benefits them
Pros
great benefits
Fun place to work as a student that allows one to gain a lot of valuable experience.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJune 8, 2016
Learned a lot about how to work in college sports and how to set up, manage, and take down large scale sporting events. Management is very friendly and flexible in working with students and they always gave clear instructions on how a event was meant to be ran.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and management, flexible hours.
Cons
No benefits
Electronic Funds Source has good working environment.
Senior DevOps/Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 16, 2016
I worked for more than a year in Electronic Funds Source. I have a good working experience during my project work and I had a friendly working nature with my colleges.
Career based
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  columbus ohioSeptember 11, 2015
This job is very good for a carrer based job and promotes moving forward and furthering you as an employee and personal. Pay for your education and very supportative
Good not Great
Programmer/Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2015
Learned many things about the business at OPERS. The one thing I did not get was the promises made when leaving my previous job and taking a $10000 a year cut in salary.
Pros
Work life balance, Clean.
a great company
Retired/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2015
The most challenging part of this position was all the meetings. A typical day would have me attending meetings 4 of the 8 hours, although meetings were necessary for future expansion.

The best part of this job was the fast paced environment. Everyday was a new challenge especially with a staff of 22 full time clerks.

This was a great company to achieve advancement and being acknowledged for professional.