Opex Corporation Employee Reviews

Favoritism Is Used vs. Skills in Hiring and Advancement
Technician (Former Employee) –  USMarch 30, 2017
Favoritism Is Used vs. Skills in Hiring and Advancement

That basically says it all, well that and the fact that upper management, while they're a family and great people themselves, doesn't manage lower management. People have been fired due to favoritism and discrimination is ignored. Upper management doesn't seem to be aware of what actually goes on in their company. Technologically the company is falling behind the times, and they don't really have a clue how far they've fallen.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Favoritism, Discrimination, Old-fashioned
I work with great people at this comapny.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 16, 2017
As to the company and the folks I work with Opex is a great place to work. The manager is a good man to follow he completes all needed items, He solves problems, If an issue comes up that he does not have knowledge on he will find someone who does and we will work together to finish the issue.
Pros
Provides solid problem sovling .
Cons
Company is east coast based
Great Company
Assistant Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits, Great people to work for and with. You were a part of company for a lot of different areas, Family ran business. care about the culture.
Everything about this company is great
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJDecember 3, 2016
As i said in the Summary everything is great at this company no negatives just simply a great company to work for. Great management and great employees.
Pros
Everything Great
Great Place to work
REGIONAL SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 1, 2016
Great company to work for that has excellent Corporate Principles.
Values it employees and customer. Continues to adapt to the market place to insure growth.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
None that I can think of
Field Service Technician - Great Entry Level Job.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 27, 2015
Install, maintain, and repair high speed mail sorting, opening, and scanning equipment. Maintained inventory, take service calls throughout day.

Co-workers became friends. Made the job very enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is that since mail services are going away and people are paying on-line, job security is not there anymore. I was laid off because customer moved all operations out of state and consolidated. Technology did not really change, and product knowledge was pretty pointed. There is no advancement unless you may want to move to corporate offices in NJ. I have been an FST since day one till I was laid off 14 years later.

I loved my coworkers, operators, and the health benefits. My boss was great. Maintained the 3 Minute Manager rule and we saw him only once per month. Just when it came to review time he was very subjective. We had tech support and was very easy to get parts to fix machines. It was a tight ship. Training was awesome too.
Pros
Great benefits, co-workers.
Cons
Customer controls your work schedule, Customer driven, no advancement opportunities.
Great Products and opportunity to make great money depending on territory
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJuly 3, 2014
Good people to work with, good products and good customers. Industry is evolving and company is working to adapt product lines so as not to become irrelevant.

The quality of the job is totally dependent on the territory. This applies to work/life balance, income potential and status within organization.
Pros
Management actually cares about employees.
Cons
Almost no potential for advancement, income based on territory rather than skills or effort, travel can be extensive
Be prepared to travel.
Mechanical Engineer / Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 19, 2014
Management won't stand up for you against customers. Your always wrong if the customer complains. I had rumors and stories made up about me just because I could finish repairing a Capital machine in there time frame.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Opex is a well managed company with friendly people.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJApril 9, 2014
I learned team work at opex as well as how to get along with other employees.
Pros
Learned how to read asembly drawings and blue-prints.
Cons
Long comute to work.
Great company to work for.
Accounting (Current Employee) –  MoorestownJanuary 18, 2013
I absolutely love Opex, one of the best places I have ever worked.. They treat you as if you were family. I have a wonderful manager, I do not have anyone looking over my shoulder, and the hours and benefits are great.
benefits
Cons
cubicle
A nice family oriented company with a strong belief in the church.
Field Engineer / Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 22, 2012
I really nice company with a strong structure. Management is easy to work with. Of course the only downfall is I was laid off with no explanation. If your regional manager calls you out of the blue for breakfast, chances are the AX is swinging.
Pros
grown up work ethic.
Cons
speak your mind, management will come down on you swiftly.