Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston Employee Reviews

Fast paced, but flexible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2017
The day can be very busy at OCB. The company does provide a lot of flexibility in terms of having a 4 day work week. There is a lot of politics at the company. You will often work on teams, which can make or break your day.
Great Place to work
Senior Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 29, 2017
I worked for the Eye Surgery Center which handled patients for Mass General. The management was very helpful and the work load was decent. They offer decent pay
Pros
Pay, work, Management
Cons
Expensive to travel to work, parking, train
Place is very busy.
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 27, 2017
We see over 350+ patients a day. We start at 7 a.m and we close at 5:30 pm. We check our pt's demographics, check the eligibilty of the insurance, we also collect copays. We then check them out and make new appt if requested by the doctor. At the end of our shifts, we bank out.
Pros
I have learned two new EMR systems in 4 months. The place is a great place to work.
Cons
I work with all younger girls and there is always drama.
Ocb
Surgical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2017
OCB is the mother company of Boston Eye Surgery and Laser Center, while working there, I was hand chosen to advance to the Business Manager of BELSC due to thevquality of my work and my job proformance.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
I really don't have an cons this is an excellent company and give me a great opportunity.
Great place!
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2017
Only worked here for less than a year, but no complaints at all, this place has a great staff, and some amazing doctors. Great work environment, everyone gets along!
A caring company!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 29, 2015
I was a Medical Transcriptionist for OCB. Due to a chemical sensitivity condition I suffer from, I began experiencing asthma-like attacks in the office. The management and HR team at OCB were so accommodating regarding my condition. When unable to control co-workers wearing perfumes I was sensitive to, they trusted me to work from home for them which I did happily for the next year-and-a-half. It was sad to leave OCB due to lack of work as dictations programs took over. But I will always remember OCB fondly for their kindness and respect.
Pros
Accommodating of disabilities, respectful, great people, great hours, fun location
Cons
Co-workers wearing perfumes
Great job
Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2015
A great company to work for with frequent advancement opportunity. Open door policy was actually upheld. Flexible break times with managers who actually treated you as human beings. Excellent team players and a positive atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly managers for the most part, healthy and safe work environment.
Cons
Wish they offered designated sick time in addition to your earned PTO.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2015
Such a great learning and working environment. Would recommend to any one to work here. Brilliant physicians to work and learn with.
Excellent company to work for
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  W Yarmouth, MAOctober 7, 2014
Daily job functions include verifying patient eligibility for upcoming appointments, answering phones and addressing patient billing questions, and working insurance denials.
I enjoyed working with caring staff
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJuly 8, 2013
Providing excellent eye care as efficiently as possibly.

I enjoyed going out into the community promoting good eye health and educating seniors on various diseases and treatment options. I also enjoyed marketing the practice to potential and current referral sources.

I was very fortunate to have very caring and reliable staff to work with. We worked well as a team and this proved especially helpful with the large number of changes that constantly came down from upper management. It never impacted the care that was delivered to the patients.
Exciting and growing Company
Senior Practice Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2013
Enjoyed the culture of a large organization and the ability to continue to learn and thrive in the healthcare industry
Pros
Position advancement
Cons
Commute
ophthalmic technician
Ophthalmic technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2013
Great learning opportunities.
Amazing and very skilled doctors.
Very respectful work environment.
Pros
great access to care, discount glasses, flexible schedules
Cons
short breaks, a lot of management, no tuition assistance
Underpaid staff, terrible upper management
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  BostonJanuary 19, 2013
All non upper management staff are terribly underpaid. Don't expect a raise if you work hard.

Everyone is overworked and underpaid.
Pros
doctors
Cons
quality of upper management
great staff and management
assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 19, 2012
fantastic place to work, great staff and work environment. had a great experience working for this company
Pros
great management
Cons
commute
was a great job at first but management changed and the weak economy caused alot of cut backs
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/ optician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 13, 2012
i loved working with patients. We worked hard. My co-workers worked hard. the hardest part of the job was the lack of communication from management. the most enjoyable part was giving patients very good care
Pros
nice lab coats
Cons
poor management
Helping others
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  W Yarmouth, MAMay 31, 2012
Very busy, fast-pace office. Answering 70-100 calls daily, scheduling multiple appts. Working the front desk was fun putting faces to the names I would speak to on the phones.
Pros
music at my desk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston. Our community is ready to answer.

Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston Reviews by Location