Ophthalmology Associates Employee Reviews

The work area was wet when it rained hard and flooded the floor leaving a terrible odor for several days.
Cert. Ophthalmic Tech/Triage Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2014
There were seven of us in our area in the basement; usually very busy and lots of messages to answer, medications to review, and patients to console and screen for emergency care. It was interesting to hear the patients problems and to determine when and where they should be seen by a doctor. My co-workers kept the day pleasant yet we accomplished our goals for the day. The hardest part of the job was the fact that there was very poor communication from the supervisor to the technicians and lack of respect by the technicians for her; she was known for showing favoritism to some of the techs. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the needs of the patients were met and their information provided to the doctors.
Pros
monthly birthday cakes. occassional lunch provided for staff
Cons
techs were not given credit for difficult assessments, techs were not given reviews in a timely manner at their anniversary start date
A busy medical clinic, where there was always something to do to keep things going
Administrative Asst, Accounts Payable/Receivable (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2014
I liked the variety of my responsibilities. I learned insurance, scheduling meetings and travel. Accounts payable process and receivables.
Management for the most part was good.
Co-workers were great. It was a family atmosphere where everyone cared for one another.
Hardest part of my job was getting everything done in a timely manner.
Enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, the processing of accounts payable and interaction with others.
Unorganized for such a large operation. Didn't recognize productive employees.
Team Lead, Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 18, 2013
I was exposed to every sub-specialty in eye care. I learned from some of the most skilled doctors in the country.
Pros
good hours, great team, always someone to cover for you if you had to be out.
Cons
pay and bonuses were not up to standard for the type of skill they expected of youl
Great place to learn
Registered Medical Assistant / Ophthalmic Tester (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 18, 2013
Very fast paced, most co-workers were great, doctors are always willing to teach and educate their employees
Pros
always learning, great management
Cons
at least 1 doctor is always 2-4 hours behind
not one day is ever the same as the last always different
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOOctober 16, 2013
Working for the best Docs in St. Louis was an honor and priveledge. They are truly dedicated to their field.
Hard working and caring!!
Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2012
I answer the phone for 13 doctors, We have a 20 line phone system. I also help with the scheduling and managing of lunches and breaks.I have a good group of coworkers, that works together and helps each other when needed. I have learned many positives and negetives regarding management at this facilitie, and I know what it takes to make an employee, and emplyer happy. I enjoy talking with the patients, and seeing them get better, and overcome obsticles.
Pros
health insurance, good pay, off holidays
Cons
scheduling system changes daily, electronic trouble daily
Favorite job ever! Worked for a great team of Ophthalmologists. The best.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTAugust 28, 2012
I was a medical secretary for two years here. LOVED it. It was right after college. We all clicked. I learned so much about the eye. All of it was so very interesting. Never dull.

Co-workers were the best! The doctors, awesome and extremely professional.

The hardest part of this job was having to say goodbye and move away.

Best part was dealing with the patients every day. Helping them as best I could in whatever way possible.