Ophthalmology Employee Reviews

Excelente
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 13, 2017
En un grupo de trabajo unido y entre todos llevamos a cabo la atención excelente a los pacientes y su cuidado q es una de nuestras principales pautas a seguir
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Necesito ahorrar para mis planes revalidar, vivo solo en Estados Unidos
Productive, fun, informational
Office Manager/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 16, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of checking patients in assisting the doctor with certain exams that needed to be performed as well as updating and maintaining the schedule of patients and The Doctors as well. I enjoyed working with the people here because we gt so much done and we always worked in a team.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
barely any breaks
Perpetually short-staffed and underappreciated
Technician (Current Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAOctober 17, 2016
New employees are given insufficient training, staff is expected to work most days without a complete lunch break due to overbooked schedules. Managers are inconsistent with expectations and how they discipline. Employees are expected to travel to most outer offices frequently, even when they are told differently in the initial interviewing process. Raises and reviews are inconsequential and not even given at regular intervals. Management can be unprofessional and rude to employees when approached with issues and concerns. Vacation time is 2 weeks, which includes sick and personal time. Gives a lot of exposure to subspecialties in ophthalmology and unique cases, regular free lunches, but not worth the stress and lack of appreciation from upper management.
Pros
free lunches, early start times
Cons
no lunch breaks, poor work place moral, short staffed, too much travel, inconsistent management, underappreciated employees
Please see other Ophthalmology
Grants Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2016
The job that I did was very easy to do. The majority of the day was spent on doing spreadsheets. I worked with mostly numbers. It was more of an accounts payable position.
Pros
Reasonable healthcare
Cons
Poor management
Positive work environment with quality work life balance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 10, 2016
Hours at the clinic afforded the opportunity to spend quality time with my family which was the most influential piece of this rating. Compensation was lacking compared to other opportunities although very competitive compared to alternative office jobs. In general, office environment was positive and I would definitely recommend the clinic to anyone looking for that type of opportunity.
Pros
Work/life balance, scheduling
Cons
Compensation, leadership lacking
Fun place to work, learn new things everyday
Medical Biller/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Always happy to work with my co-workers, our office is not big and it's busy everyday. The hardest part of my job was when our receptionist is out, I was the only one to replace her, I worked for two different job in the same time, but it is always manageable. I enjoyed working with the patients and with my co workers. I've learned a lot of things about ophthalmology Diagnosis codes, billing and more medical terminology.
Management can be stressful
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2016
Management can be stressful. Having a set, consistent schedule is nice. Co-workers are very friendly, as well as the doctors.
Practice Administrator/COO (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 4, 2015
Very diverse staff. Most upper management were fair. Staff was treated quite well. Benefits were generous
Everyone was helpful and willing to teach if you were ready to learn
Was a good place to work
Charge Nurse and a Preceptor (Former Employee) –  DALLAS TEXASJanuary 5, 2015
Management changed several times and not for the better. Short staffed most of the time.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Loved my job, and only left due to a military move.
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 21, 2014
The physicians I worked with were absolutely amazing. The patient's were like family to me.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
Long days
productive
Office Manager/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Learning new things, helping patients everyday and working along side the doctor for the last four years have been amazing.
large growing practice
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAMay 27, 2014
my workday started at 9am and sometimes lasted until 7pm or later. I learned a lot about accounting journal entries, bank reconciliation, financial statements, 401k, payroll, facility maintenance, inventory.
Pros
growing practice
Cons
growing practice
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlMay 9, 2014
multiple incoming calls
to be empathetic
management was fair
co-workers were very assertive
hardest part of the job was turning people away because their benefits expired
most enjoyable part of the job was helping people
Pros
Meeting new people and helping them
Cons
office gossip
Ophthalmology
Scheduler/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 21, 2013
Work day involved taking care of patients with eye problems. It was a part time position, I enjoyed working with all the intern physicians.
Pros
People I met
Cons
Overly aggressive management
Busy place, with lot to learn
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJOctober 17, 2013
very busy place , all you will learn about is medicatiion dosage, their names, and basic information, work environment is great.
Cons
weekends
Very busy productive and interesting.
Patient Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 15, 2012
Greeted and registered patients, collected insurance information, answered phones and made appointments. I learned a lot about eye care and compassion. Management was good. The co-workers were all pleasant and were team players. The hardest part of the job was seeing the elderly dealing with poor eyesight. The most enjoyable part was watching the patients go through the healing process with good results.
Pros
good environment.
Cons
parking
Great people & place to work.
Accounts Receivables Analyst (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 19, 2012
Accounts recievable analyst, worked from a spreadsheet of claims that were 60 to 180 days unresolved. I learned all about the 4 new types of Medicare. I got a better understanding of procedures in an Ophthalmology office. The management team was great & very helpful. I was lucky to have my own office but my coworkers were all very helpful. The hardest part of the job was determining who's responsible for the unresolved balance & waiting 30 to 60 days to get updates on claims. The most enjoyable portion of my job was completion & accomplishment. Knowing that you pulled out all the stops & was able to get resolution.
Pros
the hours of operation where perfect
Cons
after 2 months of employment i was laid off
Worked when I was needed
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDApril 4, 2012
Giving eye test was a diffent experience, enjoyed learning different
things, the more you know the better off we are.
Pros
great job to have