Opis Management Employee Reviews

The customers are treated kindly
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Eustis, FLNovember 18, 2017
When I worked there my supervisors were impossible to please and didn't have any interest in the good things I did. But none of them are there now. They got fired shortly after I turned my resignation in.
Pros
4-day workweek
Cons
Poor supervisors
Great Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 11, 2017
Great environment to work in, friendly staff as well as residents. Work /life balance is excellent, great pay, could not ask for a better employer. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great job.
Pros
Salary and the perks you get
Cons
None to complain about yet.
Real bad place to work
Cna - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 15, 2017
It's a real bad place to work nurse is abusing verbally management does nothing about overworked I don't recommend that to nobody if you are looking for a job don't look at their
Nursing Home
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 29, 2017
Go in work on tray line sweep mop wash dishes prepare snacks push food carts to floor i did that everyday i enjoyed doing that i get to interact with the residence
Pros
learning
Cons
N/a
family like setting
CNA (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 28, 2016
laid back environment. a lot of long term employees. people open to assisting new hires. happy residents. work day goes by fast.
co- workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 23, 2016
I love the team that I work with. We work in sync to make the unit run smoothly and get tasks and other duties completed as required efficiently and correctly.
Pros
Approachable supervisors
Cons
low pay
Never say never!
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2016
This job is not a job to be excited about (just being honest) however i make the most of anything and mostly everything. After spending quite some time (10 years) being a homemaker and an at home mom, this was my first job back into the corporate world. A job that i would say "i'd never do that..." Ha! Yeah right. One of my strengths in life is laundry. One of my favorite things to do being a homemaker aside from cooking is laundry. I am quite the perfectionist when it comes down to doing all tasks but laundry is where i'd spend most of my time. Raising a little one (my daughter) and caring for an air craft mechanic I took great pride in getting things cleaned and folded neatly. So when I saw this position available I said to myself, hmm, this is definitely a piece of cake for me at-least. Wrong! As with any task I found the brighter side of what was gross thing to take pride in. I went above and beyond what was expected of me and connected with my co-workers in transitioning. The hardest part was blotting out what would normally make me sick to my stomach (the soiled linens and personal items). The enjoyable part was watching my boss come in and thank me for doing things that I wasn't assigned to do.
Pros
Meeting the needs of others, doing something I loved doing, and making new friends
Cons
The shift was not fitting for me being a mother of a school aged child
Very fun and exciting workplace
Director (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 3, 2016
A typical workday is very Re-warding it is great to work with such wonderful people and to take care of people that may not be able to take care of themselves it is great to have good management that cares about you the customers and your families it is also wonderful to see the recovery process when people are able to return home also work in an environment that is a homelike environment for the customers that live here long term
Pros
Great benefits
i dont like the company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 26, 2016
management fails on many occasions and lack certain standards that i believe should be held. ive learned nothing
co workers are fine. hardest part of the job is dealing with management, not enjoyable at all
This company does care.
Manager (Current Employee) –  eustis flApril 20, 2016
I have worked for a year in a management position. Opis works really hard to prevent turnover and retain employees. This industry is very tough, we take care of people who are very sick and many do not have familes. Often time families don't appreciate the hard work employees do. I think Opis tries really hard to do the right thing. They are extremely ethical which as a manager is important. In their ethics it takes time to ensure all stones are turned. This is perhaps why others are disatisfied? They hold their team members to high standards thus likely offends when disciplinary action occurs.
Pros
highly ethical environment
Cons
no spousal health coverage
Run and don't look back!
Med monkey (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Opis MR has the most unbalanced management I have ever had the displeasure of working with. During my several years of employment with this company I have seen the DON seat change 8 times. Corporate turns a blind eye to their psychotic managers. Neglectful employees are not punished but the whistle blowers are. I have described working for this company as working in the twilight zone! If you value your nursing license, DO NOT work for this company. They preach change and betterment.....all lies!
Pros
Job
Cons
Everything else
fun work place
Recreational Aide (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all kinds of people everyday.
people are nice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 4, 2015
I like working here because they are nice and friendly. it's a very good work environment. I would recommend anyone to work here if they like a relax and healthy work environment.
Pros
people
Cons
people
Ethical Mission Driven Company
Nurse Management (Current Employee) –  TampaSeptember 12, 2015
Opis lives their Mission and Vision on a daily basis. They maintain high expectations that ultimately result in a better working environment and better care for the customers.
Pros
Stable company with excellent reputation
Cons
Long term employment of upper management can limit opportunities for advancement
Productive place helping others
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLApril 19, 2015
Start off prepping food.
start to look at each menu carefully and the proper temperature.
Get them ready on their trays to be passed out to the patients
Make sure everything is in correct order
Make sure everything clean and sterilized for next meal
Pros
Helping patients eat properly.
Cons
Dont really have any.
Poor Management!
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Highlands Lake CenterApril 18, 2015
The management seem to only focus on making profit! The mission matters is a ruse. The employees have no credibility especially the ones who stayed with the company for so long. They play favorites! The turnover for the nursing staff is unbelievable. Basically if you are friends with people of power, you are good...very good. Everything is for a show.
Pros
Elderly
Cons
Mangement, No employee appreciation, Pay increase
Cruel, Unfair
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2015
Dietary manager had favorites, so I felt unfairly treated. I was pregnant when they hired me, but then they immediately ended my employment once my doctor paced me on some minor restrictions. No lifting, pushing, or pulling more than 20lbs, they made me go home the day I brought them the letter and I missed about 2 and a half weeks of work just waiting on them to inform me on what their decision was about my request for accommodations. I felt mistreated, and I also felt some form of discrimination due to the fact of my pregnancy.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks, rude mangers
Excellent Rehab Staff team
MS, CCC-SLP (Current Employee) –  Eustis, FLFebruary 26, 2015
The rehab department is one of the best in the county. The management is over-bearing and micromanages the employees. The pay rate increases on an annual basis are minimal and the company no longer provides Health Insurance for spouses'.
Pros
Great rehab staff team that all work exceptionally well together
Cons
Minimal pay increase and no spousal health insurance coverage
Overworked, underpaid, understaff
LPN (Former Employee) –  LongwoodJanuary 6, 2015
There are pros and cons to working at this facility. The pros: the staff are helpful and friendly. The unit manager is amazing. I am not trying to knock the company off I just want to inform others what occured when I worked there. First off, 3-11 shift is one of the hardest shifts to work at. During my interview process I was told that there would be 3 nurses but when I was on the floor, it was a different story. I was suppose to have 3 days of training. The first day was shadowing the nurse, second day I come in, I was told that a nurse called off so I had to go on the floor, there was only 2 nurses that day including me and she was fairly new. There is alot of responsibility for the nurse. I did not take a break because I had a heavy med pass, on top of that when I thought I was done, I had to do skin checks, treatments, call dr, document. For four days straight I did not like working there, I try to maintain a posite attitude. My feet was aching from the physical demand. I do not feel this is nursing. It is absolutely absurd to have this much responsibility on just one nurse with 20-30 patients and they pay you very low. The DON was unapologetic when I told her how disorganized this company is. To my fellow nurses, please protect your nursing license, there are better places to work beside this company. I personally think if there wasn't much of a change over of staff and provide more nurses/Cna's on the 3-11 shift then there would not be a problem. For example, if a nurse called off, they should call other nurses, if that doesn't work they should call an agency. They  more... did not do that when I was there. Also I don't understand why there is always 3 nurses on the morning shift but the afternoon shift it's a hit or miss. I think that's just wrong.  less
Pros
you have a job
Cons
overwork, underpaid, understaff, disorganized, DON is unprofessional
Don't waste your time applying. You probably won't stay!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLOctober 17, 2014
They work you to death. DON could care less about the CNA's or nurses. If you have a problem don't bother telling them, they won't do a thing about it anyway. Big work load, little pay & no appreciation. Extremely difficult residents. They take anyone just to get residents. DON runs facility and admin. let's her, as another reviewer stated.
Pros
none!
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opis Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9