Opis Management Employee Reviews

Very fun and exciting workplace
Director (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 3, 2016
A typical workday is very Re-warding it is great to work with such wonderful people and to take care of people that may not be able to take care of themselves it is great to have good management that cares about you the customers and your families it is also wonderful to see the recovery process when people are able to return home also work in an environment that is a homelike environment for the customers that live here long term
Pros
Great benefits
This company does care.
Manager (Current Employee) –  eustis flApril 20, 2016
I have worked for a year in a management position. Opis works really hard to prevent turnover and retain employees. This industry is very tough, we take care of people who are very sick and many do not have familes. Often time families don't appreciate the hard work employees do. I think Opis tries really hard to do the right thing. They are extremely ethical which as a manager is important. In their ethics it takes time to ensure all stones are turned. This is perhaps why others are disatisfied? They hold their team members to high standards thus likely offends when disciplinary action occurs.
Pros
highly ethical environment
Cons
no spousal health coverage
Never say never!
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2016
This job is not a job to be excited about (just being honest) however i make the most of anything and mostly everything. After spending quite some time (10 years) being a homemaker and an at home mom, this was my first job back into the corporate world. A job that i would say "i'd never do that..." Ha! Yeah right. One of my strengths in life is laundry. One of my favorite things to do being a homemaker aside from cooking is laundry. I am quite the perfectionist when it comes down to doing all tasks but laundry is where i'd spend most of my time. Raising a little one (my daughter) and caring for an air craft mechanic I took great pride in getting things cleaned and folded neatly. So when I saw this position available I said to myself, hmm, this is definitely a piece of cake for me at-least. Wrong! As with any task I found the brighter side of what was gross thing to take pride in. I went above and beyond what was expected of me and connected with my co-workers in transitioning. The hardest part was blotting out what would normally make me sick to my stomach (the soiled linens and personal items). The enjoyable part was watching my boss come in and thank me for doing things that I wasn't assigned to do.
Pros
Meeting the needs of others, doing something I loved doing, and making new friends
Cons
The shift was not fitting for me being a mother of a school aged child
family like setting
CNA (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 28, 2016
laid back environment. a lot of long term employees. people open to assisting new hires. happy residents. work day goes by fast.
i dont like the company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 26, 2016
management fails on many occasions and lack certain standards that i believe should be held. ive learned nothing
co workers are fine. hardest part of the job is dealing with management, not enjoyable at all
Run and don't look back!
Med monkey (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Opis MR has the most unbalanced management I have ever had the displeasure of working with. During my several years of employment with this company I have seen the DON seat change 8 times. Corporate turns a blind eye to their psychotic managers. Neglectful employees are not punished but the whistle blowers are. I have described working for this company as working in the twilight zone! If you value your nursing license, DO NOT work for this company. They preach change and betterment.....all lies!
Pros
Job
Cons
Everything else
Ethical Mission Driven Company
Nurse Management (Current Employee) –  TampaSeptember 12, 2015
Opis lives their Mission and Vision on a daily basis. They maintain high expectations that ultimately result in a better working environment and better care for the customers.
Pros
Stable company with excellent reputation
Cons
Long term employment of upper management can limit opportunities for advancement
Horrible
Minion (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FlNovember 14, 2013
Working as a CNA you hear and see it all. Staff is highly judgmental and love to pick sides. There is no advancements in the company. They do not particularly care for quality of care because if they did they wouldn't get rid of their best CNA's. Management has their favorites and pick and choose who gets down staffed. PRN/ Flex Aides which work full time anyway, make well over $15hr vs. the same aide working "full time" only making $10. Or having to work every other weekend when weekend people make $3 more. Still once again same job same duties. They are not open to change old and set in there ways.
Pros
Customers are nice
Cons
SHORT STAFFED, unethical, and poor management.
Productive and Effective
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Eustis, FLAugust 13, 2014
This company was absolutely amazing to work with. The management within this organization was very caring and helpful. If something was going wrong they had no issue jumping right into the problem to help. The only issue was there was not room for much advancement.
fun work place
Recreational Aide (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all kinds of people everyday.
Awful cult like atmosphere, staff gangs up on you & management sucks
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLNovember 2, 2013
This is the most awful, dirty facility! The management, nurse's, & cna's are jealous, petty, trailer park trash, & hood rats. If there are issues between staff members management will side with whomever has the most statements written by other staff members, they don't consider looking at the whole situation. Way too much gossip! Had cna's drop a patient out of a hoyer lift breaking both femur bones, the family sued, & those same unsafe, unethical, & incompetent staff members are still there! Couldn't tell you how many law suits they've had because of this, you begin to lose count. At 1st they treat you well because they want you to stay, but that quickly changes. The nurse's are done with their med pass in 30 minutes when it takes 3 hours if you're doing your job correctly. If you have ethics & value your license this is not a place to work!
Pros
Cons
Management, staff is unprofessional, unethical, lazy, & incompetent
Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Sr. Admission Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2014
Review of clinical and financial information for potential patients. Meeting daily with case managers at the hospitals
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No chance of advancement
skilled place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 26, 2013
typical day of work can be very stressful
no team work or effective communication with management
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
constant turnovers
Nurses are bullied.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Eustis, flJanuary 16, 2013
I started with this company as a full time staff nurse. After reporting multiple cases of abuse, constant micro managing, and being bullied by management and non medical employees, I resigned. My license and livelihood were in jeopardy everyday due to staffing problems and management who blames everyone but themselves. I would not return to this company as a nurse. I know many other employees are very satisfied with their jobs, but it is too risky to be employed at this facility if you have a license to preserve. Last, the pay sucks.
Poor Management!
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Highlands Lake CenterApril 18, 2015
The management seem to only focus on making profit! The mission matters is a ruse. The employees have no credibility especially the ones who stayed with the company for so long. They play favorites! The turnover for the nursing staff is unbelievable. Basically if you are friends with people of power, you are good...very good. Everything is for a show.
Pros
Elderly
Cons
Mangement, No employee appreciation, Pay increase
Excellent Rehab Staff team
MS, CCC-SLP (Current Employee) –  Eustis, FLFebruary 26, 2015
The rehab department is one of the best in the county. The management is over-bearing and micromanages the employees. The pay rate increases on an annual basis are minimal and the company no longer provides Health Insurance for spouses'.
Pros
Great rehab staff team that all work exceptionally well together
Cons
Minimal pay increase and no spousal health insurance coverage
Keeps you on your toes in the workplace
Recreation aide (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville,FLDecember 22, 2012
Enjoying working there, just looking for a career change, getting very burned out in what im doing, my most enjoyable part of the day is spending time with the elderly and seeing them have fun, hardest part of the day is being micro manage when we will dont have to be. Managment has changed so thats part of my decision leaving.
Pros
job security
Cons
short breaks
Cruel, Unfair
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2015
Dietary manager had favorites, so I felt unfairly treated. I was pregnant when they hired me, but then they immediately ended my employment once my doctor paced me on some minor restrictions. No lifting, pushing, or pulling more than 20lbs, they made me go home the day I brought them the letter and I missed about 2 and a half weeks of work just waiting on them to inform me on what their decision was about my request for accommodations. I felt mistreated, and I also felt some form of discrimination due to the fact of my pregnancy.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks, rude mangers
Very friendly
Housekeeping/Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2012
My first position was Laundry Aide, I washed, dryed, folded, and put away the linen. This job was a bit challenging. It may seem like it's not much to do, but it was. The CNA's would need certain things, and if they didn't have enough they would come back to get it. Which made it diffucult because then I would have to triple the work on top of everything that needed to be done. I learned that, I need to have more patience. This job has really helped me learn that. The second job I held was housekeeping. I actually enjoyed that more than laundry. Some people might find it odd, but I do enjoy cleaning. Personally, if I do the job I know it will be clean. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the elders. I worked at a nursing care facility. I really liked to talk to them, I know that it made their day better. And that to me is very rewarding.
people are nice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 4, 2015
I like working here because they are nice and friendly. it's a very good work environment. I would recommend anyone to work here if they like a relax and healthy work environment.
Pros
people
Cons
people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opis Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9