OppenheimerFunds

OppenheimerFunds Employer Reviews

Great
Integrated Marketing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: hard to be hired from program
Great internship program. The co-workers are very helpful and friendly. Huge intern project at the end of the summer where the whole company comes to watch intern presentations.
Call center environment. Very focused on leadership and development but highly rigid company.
Leader in Development (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 25, 2013
I have enjoyed my time at OppenheimerFunds and think it is a good company with a lot of opportunity for growth. It has a call center environment so very micromanaged.
It was an experience
Senior Financial Account Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COOctober 5, 2012
Pros: onsite cafeteria
Cons: micromanagement, excessive overtime
Start at 7am entering plans break @ 9 am 9:10 start entering plans again get email from supervisor there is probably going to be some overtime today. Go to lunch @ 12. 12:30 come back from lunch and have another email from supervisor overtime is mandatory until queue is empty. Continue doing plans. Scheduled break @ 2:30. 2:40 resume doing plans. Get – more... pep email from supervisor around 4 saying projected leave time is between 5-6. Continue doing plans. 5 rolls on by 6 as well. 7 oclock approaches as we finish plans. I have a higher skill set and get called to do more complex items and end up staying later. Leave around 8:30.

This basically was the T/A routine for the 4+ years that I was there. They always claimed we were overstaffed.

If you got to know your co workers you weren't doing your job, and were spoken to by your supervisor, and were labeled a 'distraction'. What I learned from management. If you close the blinds around noon the workers can no longer tell how late its getting to be if they are busy doing their work. The hardest part of the job was the minimal acceptance for errors when you are working more than 12 hours 5 days a week on the computer. Sometimes your eyes get funny after 8 hours...

the most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits package, the days off package (before they changed it- I was grandfathered) The pay scale was not worth it until you reached 40 hours. Then it got to be worthwhile. – less

March 4, 2013

This position in the 529 Ed Svgs comes up frequently and should tell anyone that there is a high turn-over rate. I'd be very cautious about applying for this position. Thoughtfully consider not applying at Oppenheimer.

Support Services Analyst (Former Employee), Centennial, COSeptember 13, 2012
Supportive management made learning fun. I enjoyed my time at Oppenheimer

About OppenheimerFunds

Since the original Oppenheimer fund was first offered to the public in 1959, OppenheimerFunds, Inc. (OFI) has grown into one of – Read more