Opportunities For Learning is a public charter school that caters to the “at-risk” student population. Our program is independent study based and teachers work with students one-on-one and in small groups. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who have a passion for working with “at-risk” youth. Full-time Math teaching positions are now available in Palmdale & Lancaster.
The Teacher is our most important resource. Their duties are to ensure that a student receives quality instruction, makes educational progress, and reaches their academic goals. Teachers are primarily responsible for delivering our educational program.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following: *
- Instruct students in multiple subjects, using various teaching methods, audiovisual aids and other materials.
- Prepares outline for course of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Assists pupils in selecting course of study.
- Counsels students in adjustment and academic problems.
- Participates in various community groups or functions, faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops. Meets with students and parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- Participates in related activities, such as student organizations or committees.
- Administers tests to evaluate pupil progress, assesses student work product and record results.
- Maintains attendance records, student files, and transcripts.
- Assists with State mandated student testing.
- Responsible for file maintenance in preparation for random, bi-monthly, and year-end audits.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, inviting, professional center for students to attend.
- Performs other administrative functions and duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to teach and delegate responsibility to students.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, exercising reasonable judgment, in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
- Superior organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to synergize with field and corporate staff to implement the educational program.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate problem solving skills, while maintaining courtesy, professionalism, and a customer service attitude.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with students, parents, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and database management.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum BA degree or equivalent.
- NCLB compliant California Teaching Credential (Multiple or Single Subject only)
-Starting salary of $42K/year, plus $13K in bonus potential.
-46 paid days off per year
-full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401K, FSA)
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard