Opportunity Enterprises

Opportunity Enterprises Employee Reviews in United States

Oe
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 30, 2016
OE is ok when it come to hours available but, the pay is not great. The company does what it can but should improve wages. Communication among all group homes, the main office, and Lakeside should increase. Sometimes things do not get communicated very well and things get missed. The supervisor I work with is one of the best ones I have come a crossed. The staff is pretty good as well.
Pros
manager, staff
Cons
pay, communication, benefits are too expensive
Rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 1, 2016
The work you do is very rewarding. You create relationships with the client's that are priceless. I loved seeing them every day. The management is bad. Really bad. There is a lot of favoritism. Other than that it is a good place to work.
enjoy work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 15, 2016
Very flexible work space. There are many clients who enjoy being a part of the company. There are a lot of great people employed by the company. Being a nonprofit organization prevents chances for competitive salaries.
They are doing great wok with the handicap
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for them but found working with the handicap was very challenging. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
Driveing and the hours
Cons
difficult working with the handicap
Productive and safe work emvirment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 15, 2016
The day stared with administering medications to clients and documentation of medications given. I learned to respect those in need and appreciate their company. Management was reasonable and worked in meting every employees needs.
Opportunity enterprises
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEMarch 3, 2016
I loved working with my consumers, however, the management of this company I did not trust when it came to making good judgement calls on the consumers or employees.
Oe
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 4, 2016
This was a very rewarding and great job! I enjoyed going to work everyday and looked forward to seeing all the individuals smile!
Good co-workers and staff. Easy to talk too.
Assistant Manager/Group Home (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 17, 2015
This company was very good to their clients. However, they were not as good to their workers. I fell on the ice and broke my arm while working there. I did not receive adequate time off.
Pros
Paid lunch hours. Lots of helpers.
Cons
Clients were heavy and hard to move.
Highly ambitious work place!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath, MESeptember 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside the staff, consumers and the Program Manager in the Bath office. Creating the activity calendar and watching the consumers enjoy the activities was amazing! The data entry part of the job was enjoyable.
They do not know how to treat people
crwe leader (Former Employee) –  2801 Evan Ave. Valparaiso, In 46383July 14, 2015
They forget what we are suppose to be dealing with ,It is all about the money and not the people, we are on call 24 hrs a day, pay checks are messed up all the time ,we were yelled and screamed at all the time
Pros
none at the end, every year got worse
Cons
Lunch break had to be drive thu and eat on the way, you did not get paid untill 1 st building
Fun place to work, loved the overall atmosphere
Expert (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 13, 2015
I would help individual with disabilities, with a nuber of different things throughtout the day. I wore many hats, I billed on clients using OASIS, and I documented in Medical Records, I passed meds, I assisted with seizures, and personal care. I assisted with feeding, I did a lot of heavy lifting, I assisted with behaviors. I am certified in first aid, CPR, OSHA, CPI. I know about dysphagia, and numerous other things I've learned from this job. I is a great place to work, you get a lot of support from co-workers, and they treat you like family.
Pros
PTO, Sick time
Cons
Low pay, no annual raises.
Decent Company to Work For
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 29, 2015
Not a job for someone looking to collect a paycheck. You will have good and bad days here, just like any other job. You must be aware of what is going on around you and be prepared for anything to happen. You have to be VERY flexible for this job, as your schedule can change at the last minute. The pay isn't the greatest.
Pros
Humbling
Cons
Low Pay
Most rewarding career I've ever had
N/A (Current Employee) –  ValparaisoFebruary 17, 2015
Opportunity Enterprises is hands down the greatest job I've held. I've worked here for just over a year, and I can't imagine a more encouraging work environment or a better crew of co-workers. Although there have definitely been some significant changes in the past year, they were all made in order to better the company and make sure that we are furthering the mission to maximize the self-sufficiency and enrich the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.

As with any job, there are always struggles and hard days, but I promise, working for the people we serve makes that all WELL worth it!
Pros
great benefits, 401k, flex time
A DSP at Opportuity Enterprises
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 13, 2015
At opportunity enterprises I help people with developmental disabilities with their day to day life. Although the management was not what I expect from a company I did learn better ways to interact with clients and help them in the community. The hardest part of the job was balancing my outside life, but I got a great satisfaction from helping my clients.
Good Company to work for
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 18, 2015
Fit for any schedule. Managers are wonderful. Coworkers are easy to get along with. Very fulfilling work. You get a feeling of doing good.
Pros
good work enviroment
Dsp
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 8, 2014
The other reviews were pretty spot on. It is indeed, a great place to work ,but there is just too much liability. The management was absurd. It was because of poor training and poor management that I did not work there as long as I intended. Co-workers were nice to your face, but you never know what is said when you aren't there. They most likely will be out to get you if they don't like you. But none of that matters anyways because your job is to be there for your participants. And in the end if you have a great relationship with your participant then you will do just fine. Just make sure you dot your I's and cross your T's because one mistake can change your life.
My favorite job.
Assisting mentally disabled clients (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, IndianaMarch 13, 2015
Pay good. employees are good. clients are awesome. office staff not very professional at times. schedules are usually late. unorganized. frequent call offs. the clients make it all worth while. Community outings are fun.
Great place to work and make a difference!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 10, 2014
I have worked for OE for over 12 years and have been through many challenges and changes but have grown both personally and professionally throughout the process. It is great to wake up and come to work for a place where you know you are valued and you make a difference in someones life everyday.
Pros
personal and professional growth opportunities, employee benefits
A Great place to work for.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 22, 2014
A Spiritually Rewarding place to work.
Great Staff and Director/Supervisor/QMDD team!

Some clients FAMILIES can be VERY challenging.
You work for the company, and the families sometime seem to think you work for them.

Always bring your concern to your Supervisor. They will be behind you all the way!

I would love to go back and work for O.E. at the drop of a hat! I enjoyed it so very much.
Pros
spiritually rewarding.
Cons
clients families can at times be very challenging.
Midwest Center for Youth and families is a more keep on your toes kind of job. Troubled children are at times difficult to care for.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INNovember 1, 2012
Before you walk in the door you have to clear your head because you never know what your day is going to be like. My co-workers and I always had each others back because it is a very stressful job. The hardest part about this job was getting through to the kids about life and they can and will be okay if they use certain coping skills. The most enjoyable part about this job was when they did listen to you and you relate to them and they knew it so they looked upto you.

Opportunity Enterprises Reviews by Location