Opportunity Enterprises

Opportunity Enterprises Employee Reviews

Wonderful company to work for
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 18, 2017
I worked at a similar agency in the past but Opportunity Enterprises is a cut above. The company culture here is far better than most and the clients are so wonderful. They really are in the business of amazing people! Some people may complain about the starting wage for DSP's, but there are people working on that right now and that could soon be a problem of the past. They like to promote from within so it is a great place to start with the potential for growth. Of course with every job there are some cons.. the only one I can say so far is that some staff are not the friendliest, but I am not here for them so I just ignore that.
Pros
Full time benefits. Wonderful clients and atmosphere. Potential for growth.
Cons
Some may not like working at least one day every weekend.
A lot of opportunities but challenging company to work for.
Warehouse Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 15, 2017
The work culture at OE is tight knit and seems difficult to pierce unless you are already related to, or family friends with, its managers and directors.
Pros
Lots of challenges
Cons
Superiors with no education who serve their egos instead of the task at hand or the clients.
Awful
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 11, 2017
They want you to work constantly and your family means little to nothing to the company. The management acts like highschoolers and your concerns go unheard. Awful company to work for.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Your needs/health don't matter, immature staffing
Love
DIrect Support Professional (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 28, 2016
OE was an exceptional place to work when it comes to working with the clients. It was always challenging and always tiresome but always rewarding.The pay was low, and management was ridiculous to deal with.. but i would do it again to gain my clients back. I quit with a three month notice and ended up quitting just 3 days prior to my original notice and lost the vacation hours i had accumulated which wouldve been a payout of $450. I was furious. Also, no matter which house you work in, there always seems to be drama like 30 something year olds are in high school. really annoying
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management and drama between staff
Opportunity enterprises
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INDecember 1, 2016
The lack of communication in this company is unbelievable. Management will say one thing and do another. I've seen clients homes a complete mess over and over again without consequence. Fridges filled with moldy food, soiled laundry sitting in baskets for hours on end. Clients maintenance requests pushed off for weeks even months.. mold on a ceiling, broken washer and dryers. One week I spent 2 whole shifts at the laundry mat just because my upper aboves "forgot". Clients getting MRSA but isnt taken to a doctor for days. Management not informing DSP'S of MRSA so they can take proper precautions. This company has good intentions but once you're inside you realize it's a joke. I would recommend not working here. The job is not worth $9 an hour.
Pros
Clients are amazing.
Fulfilling and Rewarding
Direct Support Professional, Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INNovember 7, 2016
I thouroughly enjoy working with the clients at Opportunity Enterprises however it can be a challeging at the same time. Upper management seems to have a disconnect with the rest of their employees.
Pros
Great work schedule. Mon-Fri. Weekends and holidays off
Cons
Hard work for low pay
O>e
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INNovember 4, 2016
It was a nice place to work if you fine with working crazy hours. Many of the employees would not show up for their shifts and I would get stuck doing doubles all the time.
Fun and rewarding workplace
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 22, 2016
A typical day at work is very hectic and challenging but also very rewarding. Dealing with behaviors and crazy work orders we work as a team to get the job done.
Great experience and something different for me in healthecare
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 1, 2016
Would come in to do transport, get personal and hygiene care and medical care handled, prepare dinner, assist guys with eating and getting into bed or using the bathroom.
Oe
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 4, 2016
This was a very rewarding and great job! I enjoyed going to work everyday and looked forward to seeing all the individuals smile!
Oe
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 30, 2016
OE is ok when it come to hours available but, the pay is not great. The company does what it can but should improve wages. Communication among all group homes, the main office, and Lakeside should increase. Sometimes things do not get communicated very well and things get missed. The supervisor I work with is one of the best ones I have come a crossed. The staff is pretty good as well.
Pros
manager, staff
Cons
pay, communication, benefits are too expensive
Rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 1, 2016
The work you do is very rewarding. You create relationships with the client's that are priceless. I loved seeing them every day. The management is bad. Really bad. There is a lot of favoritism. Other than that it is a good place to work.
They are doing great wok with the handicap
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for them but found working with the handicap was very challenging. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
Driveing and the hours
Cons
difficult working with the handicap
enjoy work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 15, 2016
Very flexible work space. There are many clients who enjoy being a part of the company. There are a lot of great people employed by the company. Being a nonprofit organization prevents chances for competitive salaries.
Opportunity enterprises
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEMarch 3, 2016
I loved working with my consumers, however, the management of this company I did not trust when it came to making good judgement calls on the consumers or employees.
Productive and safe work emvirment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 15, 2016
The day stared with administering medications to clients and documentation of medications given. I learned to respect those in need and appreciate their company. Management was reasonable and worked in meting every employees needs.
Good co-workers and staff. Easy to talk too.
Assistant Manager/Group Home (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 17, 2015
This company was very good to their clients. However, they were not as good to their workers. I fell on the ice and broke my arm while working there. I did not receive adequate time off.
Pros
Paid lunch hours. Lots of helpers.
Cons
Clients were heavy and hard to move.
Highly ambitious work place!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath, MESeptember 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside the staff, consumers and the Program Manager in the Bath office. Creating the activity calendar and watching the consumers enjoy the activities was amazing! The data entry part of the job was enjoyable.
They do not know how to treat people
crwe leader (Former Employee) –  2801 Evan Ave. Valparaiso, In 46383July 14, 2015
They forget what we are suppose to be dealing with ,It is all about the money and not the people, we are on call 24 hrs a day, pay checks are messed up all the time ,we were yelled and screamed at all the time
Pros
none at the end, every year got worse
Cons
Lunch break had to be drive thu and eat on the way, you did not get paid untill 1 st building
Good Company to work for
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 18, 2015
Fit for any schedule. Managers are wonderful. Coworkers are easy to get along with. Very fulfilling work. You get a feeling of doing good.
Pros
good work enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opportunity Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

Opportunity Enterprises Reviews by Location