Optima Health Employee Reviews

Great company for growth and development!
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 10, 2017
Optima Health is a great place to work for that allows one to thrive and develop! Very relaxed, upbeat environment with excellent leadership from upper managment!
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 28, 2017
Working at Optima Health is busy, but manageable. It is a close community of employees working together to assist members and providers with their questions and concerns.
Growing company with many opportunities
Health Economics Analyst, Medical Economics (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 7, 2017
This company has grown tremendously since I started there 6.5 years ago. We are now in NC and OH with talk of moving to some more states. It is a very exciting time in healthcare.
productive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 13, 2017
great company for anyone to work at, great staff and wonderful benefits, pension is great to have, love this place, ceo and management care about the employees, focused on continued growth
good company
Member and Provider Relations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 22, 2016
advancement opportunities available. friendly team. always something fun to do. very busy call center. much opportunity for growth, knowledge and pay.
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 8, 2016
I enjoy working here because the environment is positive and easy going as long as you isolate yourself from the negative Nancies!
Good Company Overall
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 18, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with co-workers and management staff. Management open to hearing new ideas.
Review
Enrollment & Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 15, 2015
Started out as a great place to work; awesome teammates; good management support; too much work, not enough people for processing.
Customer Service Representative II
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 15, 2015
I answered member calls about medical insurance in a call center environment. I learned about all different policy and procedures and HIPPA laws used while working in healthcare. My co-workers were very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of my job was the rushed training class which caused me to learn the position better during on job training. The most enjoyable part of my job was the talking to the members on the daily bases and helping them with any problems that they may have in a very timely and professional manner.
Pros
Casual dresscode, hours, location, parking, friendly environment
Cons
time clock, unorganized, pay, micro managed and over worked
Great company- several depts to transfer to- great people
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2015
Loved working for this company!!! I worked at 2 different departments in a 4 year span but had to relocate. I can not say enough greta things about Optima Health… a division of Sentara

Want to know more about Optima Health?

Ask a question
great
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 15, 2015
Great place to work typical day is from 8-5 and work hours are great with an hour lunch. the hardest part of the job can be answering certain people questions but for the most part a great job to work for
Pros
Monday through Friday and your off by 6 the latest
Needs new supervisors
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 3, 2015
It was quite apparent that the supervisors do not know their own company policies. What is written in plain English is open for interpretation by supervisors. Policies should not be open for interpretation, they should be set in stone.
No Job Security
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach VAJanuary 26, 2015
This company was very unorganized. I was switch to another department. When we trained for the new department the trainer had no clue of what to train us on or how. Once we completed training, we worked for 3 month and was laid off. Then we was offered are orginial position for less pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
unorganized
Professional and productive
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Busy and fast pace
In the medical field you learn the different issues for examples like changing provider's claim information etc..
Management and co-workers have a high level of accuracy and work productivity
it's a great career to have in the Medical insurance field
Premium (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 13, 2014
Working at Optima Health is a Great experience in the Medical insurance field. This company needs to put family first not work,
8 to 12 hours a day, the experience is great, the co-workers are great this company micro-manage their employee, and employee's do not have a voice in this company
Pros
benefits is excellent
Cons
short breaks, micro managed, over worked
Little Advancement and Poor Job Culture
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 13, 2014
Management sucks! Racial discrimination is hidden by a few token positions. No real room for advancement. Absolutely no regard for employees with families.
Interesting
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 22, 2014
Interesting culture....employees and management help each other out on performance evals to ensure a measly bonus. Non-profit.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
poor sick leave policy
It's tough out there, but don't apply here!
Doesn't matter (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 24, 2014
I know from working here, you do not want to work for this company. The negative stuff in the other reviews is true and then some. Upper management is corrupt and suuport the managers who want to "mess" with their employees for personal reasons. If you do not play the corporate games and are a male, then you will not advance. Most employees in all department knows this and are only doing what they have to "to keep their job." Run in the other direction.
Great place to work!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 18, 2013
I have been at Optima for 5 years. This is a great place to work. They value work life balance and treat employees fairly. Very positive work environment.
I would highly recommend!
Ok place for temp hires
Temp Medicare Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 27, 2012
Ok place for temp hires but wages are not as competitive for the area and specialty of the skill set required.
Pros
good schedule, good learning experience
Cons
low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optima Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Optima Health Reviews by Location