Optima Health Employee Reviews

Good Company Overall
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 18, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with co-workers and management staff. Management open to hearing new ideas.
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 8, 2016
I enjoy working here because the environment is positive and easy going as long as you isolate yourself from the negative Nancies!
Review
Enrollment & Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 15, 2015
Started out as a great place to work; awesome teammates; good management support; too much work, not enough people for processing.
Customer Service Representative II
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 15, 2015
I answered member calls about medical insurance in a call center environment. I learned about all different policy and procedures and HIPPA laws used while working in healthcare. My co-workers were very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of my job was the rushed training class which caused me to learn the position better during on job training. The most enjoyable part of my job was the talking to the members on the daily bases and helping them with any problems that they may have in a very timely and professional manner.
Pros
Casual dresscode, hours, location, parking, friendly environment
Cons
time clock, unorganized, pay, micro managed and over worked
Little Advancement and Poor Job Culture
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 13, 2014
Management sucks! Racial discrimination is hidden by a few token positions. No real room for advancement. Absolutely no regard for employees with families.
Interesting
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 22, 2014
Interesting culture....employees and management help each other out on performance evals to ensure a measly bonus. Non-profit.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
poor sick leave policy
great
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 15, 2015
Great place to work typical day is from 8-5 and work hours are great with an hour lunch. the hardest part of the job can be answering certain people questions but for the most part a great job to work for
Pros
Monday through Friday and your off by 6 the latest
Cons
Great company- several depts to transfer to- great people
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2015
Loved working for this company!!! I worked at 2 different departments in a 4 year span but had to relocate. I can not say enough greta things about Optima Health… a division of Sentara
It's tough out there, but don't apply here!
Doesn't matter (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 24, 2014
I know from working here, you do not want to work for this company. The negative stuff in the other reviews is true and then some. Upper management is corrupt and suuport the managers who want to "mess" with their employees for personal reasons. If you do not play the corporate games and are a male, then you will not advance. Most employees in all department knows this and are only doing what they have to "to keep their job." Run in the other direction.
it's a great career to have in the Medical insurance field
Premium (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 13, 2014
Working at Optima Health is a Great experience in the Medical insurance field. This company needs to put family first not work,
8 to 12 hours a day, the experience is great, the co-workers are great this company micro-manage their employee, and employee's do not have a voice in this company
Pros
benefits is excellent
Cons
short breaks, micro managed, over worked
Professional and productive
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Busy and fast pace
In the medical field you learn the different issues for examples like changing provider's claim information etc..
Management and co-workers have a high level of accuracy and work productivity
Ok place for temp hires
Temp Medicare Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 27, 2012
Ok place for temp hires but wages are not as competitive for the area and specialty of the skill set required.
Pros
good schedule, good learning experience
Cons
low wages
Great place to work!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 18, 2013
I have been at Optima for 5 years. This is a great place to work. They value work life balance and treat employees fairly. Very positive work environment.
I would highly recommend!
Interesting drama filled place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 17, 2012
This is an okay place to work. A lot of prejudice and discrimination. If you don't "socialize" with management, you won't advance.
Cons
cannot advance unless you are buddies with management
Very friendly place to work
Fraud & Abuse Investigator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 12, 2012
Great place to work, however, and and benefits are lacking.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
pay and benefits are not the best
No Job Security
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach VAJanuary 26, 2015
This company was very unorganized. I was switch to another department. When we trained for the new department the trainer had no clue of what to train us on or how. Once we completed training, we worked for 3 month and was laid off. Then we was offered are orginial position for less pay.
Pros
pay
Cons
unorganized
Needs new supervisors
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 3, 2015
It was quite apparent that the supervisors do not know their own company policies. What is written in plain English is open for interpretation by supervisors. Policies should not be open for interpretation, they should be set in stone.
customer seevice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 21, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Excellent Customer Service. A growing and prdoductive company