Optima Tax Relief Employee Reviews

Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 8, 2017
The management makes it seem like they are super nice and they always say you’re like family to them. They even say how you’re doing such a great job and meeting your goals and out of no where they will let you go because you’re “not meeting the goals”. Management here are so fake don’t trust them at all. There is people there who actually don’t do their job and are always walking around or playing pool in the break room and they are never told anything. If you want to speak your mind you better watch out how you say it because if you don’t they will turn against you! Management will act super nice to you but trust me don’t trust them at all!!!
HR is a great team.
Corporate Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 27, 2017
My review will begin and end with the HR Department to maintain a certain level of professionalism.
The best team I could have ever worked with.
My typical day was having my direct leadership checking up on me to see if I had everything I needed to succeed and of course recruiting.
HR Team taught me and provided me great tools to succeed in my future.
HR Director and Recruiting Manager is solid and this company would be lost without them.
Runnnnnn!
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 22, 2017
Weird policies and even stranger members of the management team to go with it. Low morale, unfair politics, you name it. This place really just sucks! If you see them posting....keep on scrolling. Bullet dodged!
Not as great as they seem
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 15, 2017
I will say, this company has great benefits, culture, and a fair amount of time off. However in my position, it was an extremely stressful, under appreciated position. My manager had a clear lack of knowledge of the field and I was not given the help I needed when asked (i was managing an 500+ pipe line, which increased everyday by 10, all by myself. no help) There is CLEAR problem with favoritism where employees get away with physical / emotional assault so long as they are friend with a manager. I mean it is just ridiculous whats going on in this company. Save yourself the headache. Don't work here.
Great Work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 7, 2017
I learned a lot about the IRS, enjoyed my co workers and "team mates". The CEO is very personal and friendly. I had a lot of duties but enjoyed helping others in their IRS issues.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Good company to work for
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 17, 2017
Stable company and good management. Workplace culture is exciting and employees are always involved in company events. The most difficult part of this job is having to tell a client bad news.
Great workplace
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 11, 2017
A very great company to be a part of and makes sure their employees have the tools needed to succeed and everyone in upper management always has the time to discuss employee concerns and have them addressed.
Very Professional
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 30, 2017
Very nice place to work with good benefits and pay however they overload the work load. Amazing corworkers and work area. The production goals are a bit out of reach.
Exciting growing company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 30, 2017
Optima tax relief has a great culture and provide great perks for it's employees. Room for advancement and the pay is good. They also provide amazing company events for friends and family to attend.
One of the best place to work
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 22, 2017
It is hard to find the firm that has it all especially in tax resolution business. This is the firm that can be trusted by all parties. It complies with tax law, properly staffs to ensure that all clients get service and it is generous to employees.
The management will stand behind you to do the right things when representing clients before tax authorities.

When I first started, the company was about half the size of what is now. The management greeted everyone by their first name. The firm grew so fast that it turns into more corporate environment and lost it's big family charm. But employees gain more benefits such as better health insurance, retirement plan and more organized administration and support.

People who do good work always be valued. There are a lot of rewards for quality works. The management will leave you alone doing your things but when you need help they always have opened door policy.

This is a good firm for mature professionals who take pride and take ownership of their work.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, many fun activities year round, no micromanagement (if not necessary)
Cons
Deadlines and work load (the classic con of tax business), parking can be challenging sometimes
Not sure
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 20, 2017
Feels more like a High school environment from the upper management on down. Lot of clicks and if you didnt belong in the right click or in 1 at all, not much job security.
Meh
Case Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 2, 2017
I was a Case Analyst at Optima. This place has low pay at $15 and they expect everything to be perfect. There is little time to learn everything. Bosses yell at you when things go wrong. Work is not fun, as you get corrections every time you do something wrong.

On a more positive note, most co-workers were very friendly, and willing to help when need be.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Low pay, work not interesting
Values Diversity and Celebrates Employee's
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 28, 2017
Company truly values employee happiness; seems they understand that happy employees make productive employees. Break rooms are fully stocked, plenty of company events/outings, fun events during work (like ping pong/pool tournaments, lots of fundraisers for local charities.They also have great benefits for all employees. I would say most management is kind and caring, some seem a little more standoffish than others. Attendance and point system (for attendance) could use some updating, but overall not bad.
Pros
Great benefits, fun place to work, values diversity
Cons
point system, attendance policies
It was Not the best place to work but definately not the worst
Senior Tax Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 26, 2017
Do I really have to give a review I liked all the people that worked there just not necessarily what they sell I feel like something shady may be going on
Great Culture and Work-Life Balance
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 22, 2017
Since I started working with Optima, I've experienced and seen nothing but great things! The overall benefits are great and I really enjoy the culture. There are lunches catered and many tickets raffled away. I'm also happy to say the company does a great job at providing work-life balance. I especially enjoy taking advantage of the optional days to extend the weekend or holiday. The company really values their employees and clients and I look forward to growing within.
Pros
Free lunches, optional days
Cons
Vacation accrual
Optima
Tax Prep Support/Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  tax prepMarch 6, 2017
Fun environment
Close to multiple freeways
Has great benefits
Enjoyable atmosphere
Close to the beach
Great management with employees
Pros
Pto
Great Work Life Balance and Cutlure
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Since I started working with Optima, I've experienced and seen nothing but great things! The overall benefits are great and I really enjoy the culture. There are lunches catered and many tickets raffled away. I'm also happy to say the company does a great job at providing work-life balance. I especially enjoy taking advantage of the optional days to elongate the weekend or holiday. The company really values their employees and clients and I look forward to growing within.
Pros
Optional days, flexibility, lunches and snacks
Cons
Vacation accrual takes awhile
Exciting place to work!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 7, 2016
Optima has been a great place to work! The Management and staff are top notch and care about your success. I look forward to working here for many years to come.
Pros
I have learned so much is so little of time.
Cons
Be prepared to take in a lot of information.
Great Place to work at!
Support (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 18, 2016
Optima has been a great experience for me so far. Company has great Management and employees. A lot of room for growth and improvement. I always say if you give 100% to you job, you should not have any problems.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
can't think of any
Great work/life balance and management team
Legal (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 16, 2016
Optima provides its employees with a great work/life balance. The company as a whole operates with a perfect mix of corporate and small business feel. Clear goals and objectives are set without the burden of micromanagement and we are provided all the necessary tools to fulfill our obligations. Everyone works together and is very helpful throughout the different departments. One of the best things about this company is that they recognize their employees. There is constant recognition from employee of the month awards to the CEO sending company wide emails identifying certain employees for their hard work and dedication. Overall great company!
Pros
Great atmosphere, collaborative spirit throughout all departments.
Cons
Happy to say none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optima Tax Relief. Our community is ready to answer.

Optima Tax Relief Reviews by Location