Optimum Nutrition Employee Reviews

Fast pace environment Great place to work for entry level.
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 28, 2016
On a day to day I perform analytical test of various raw materials (food). I use both an HPLC, and UPLC to test these materials.I learned about method development and validation. Being in a fast paced environment i learned that working as a team is the best way to achieve a common goal. Most of my co workers are older and they have pass down a lot of knowledge. I work closely with other departments which helps build my communication skills. The hardest part about my job is sometimes the work load, 12 hour days and sometimes Saturdays. But the most exciting part about my job is that its fast pace. I dont like sitting around.
Pros
Free product
Cons
working Saturdays
Amazing company.
Athlete and Fitness Model (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 26, 2017
This company is the best in the business. They care about your personal life just as much as your professional growth. A well organized company.
Good place to work but can get a bit out of hand at times.
Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 18, 2015
Good environment to work with good benefits such as 401k, Medical, Dental, ect but can get disorganized at times. Fun environment to be in (blender) .
Solid and growing company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 2, 2015
Glanbia Performance Nutrition is a solid and growing company with opportunities to grow. they have several facilities in Aurora IL
Pros
Competetive Salary
Cons
Job Security as the company contiues to grow and change
Forklift operator, Staging (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 12, 2015
It's a fast growing productive business. The management has bad communications skills but is a good place to work good benefits and great vacation/PTO hours
Great job
LEAD LINE OPERATER/MACHINE OPERATER (Former Employee) –  Aurora,ilSeptember 26, 2014
Optimum Nutrition was a great job, i learned a lot their and i was able to advance quickly from packer to line operator because I'm a fast learner. Reason for my leaving was because my mother was very sick so i had to be home to take care of her
Pros
great benefits
Cons
third shift
Productive and great management to work with
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 6, 2012
I learned some of my very best skills from this job.The staff was very nice and always helpful.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no benefits
fast past environment but easy going job.
Staff Force Assignment (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 9, 2015
This is a very fast past environment. You definitely have to pay attention to your training when you start, as long as you do that you should be fine. The management is very easy to get along with and very helpful if you have any questions. They promote with in and are very open to you moving up in the company.
very productive workplpace full of challenges and opportunities.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 25, 2016
I learned how to achieve a handful of tasks. How to become more responsible. and learned line leader skills. Even though i wanted to become a line leader and they never made me one, I learned everything you need to learn about being one.
Pros
free shirts
Cons
bad pay
Strong brand in a competitive market.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2013
From managing distributors, to key accounts, to both the inside & outside sales forces that represent the distributors, this job will keep you constantly balancing your time while increasing your sales to meet & increase set goals.

Both the company and brand are very strong within this industry, allowing for some flexibility, as opposed to a small(er) growing brand. And there are plenty of tools available. However, the company continues to expand, which does causes the occasional hiccup. Would like to see growth within the sales force.

The direct management and fellow co-workers have been a positive influence on the environment, always working as a team.
Pros
Great group of individuals, striving for same goal.
Cons
Growth of sales force did not match growth of company sales.
high level of stress, they should change name to stress factory.
warehouse lead (Current Employee) –  aurora IlMarch 25, 2013
very short on staff, becouse of that there is high loads of work from front desk to warehouse floor. The hourly pay is very dispointing for the job. once you are entered in to any of optimum buildings they expect you to know everything with very few days of training. The management totally lame and looks like they have no idea what employs are doing on the work floor. lots of overtime and if you want give up all or part your personal life to this company then good luck.
Pros
high level of stress
Cons
high level of stress.
Don't respect employees but still expect you to work hard.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora,ILMay 30, 2013
No motivation for the workers.
Switch system and it backfired.
Management can't be trusted.
Short staffed and not enough equipment.
Treat there hard workers like nothing.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No advancement, not a secure job, and doesn't pay well.
warehouse work, order picking and shipping
warehouse (Former Employee) –  sunrise,flOctober 12, 2015
typical day. Had to wear a uniform, get order forms, locate product. picked product. Bring to production table for packing. Place boxes in docking area. load on pallet. take forklift and place pallets on truck. Fast paced Environment, Great co-workers. Not really a difficult job
Pros
great company, great co-workers
Cons
not enough money
Exciting experience
Sponsored Athlete, Pro Fitness Comp (Current Employee) –  InternationalJuly 19, 2012
Several international trips for product launches which provided exposure to several different demographics of consumes and the ability to learn a variety of techniques for successful communication with language and cultural barriers. This position is primarily an individual role, however, at events our team often is made up of anywhere from 4 to 20 teammembers at an expo or appearance together. The most enjoyable part of this job is the ability to showcases my personality to consumers and fans, hence, creating a positive and lively image of myself an the entire company.
Health Supplement manufacturer.
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMarch 12, 2013
A typical day at ON is very busy. We are training on SAP. Management is very helpful. Co-workers are pleasant. The hardest part of my job is remaining calm. The most enjoyable part of the job is there is always something new to learn.
Pros
staff shortage.
Cons
staff shortage.
typical warehouse
Blender (Former Employee) –  aurora, ilMay 4, 2015
huge company and warehouse. easy to get lost in the shuffle. no room for advancement as the company is so vast. very tough fast paced job.
Cons
work schedule
good environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2013
i stay busy at work try to learn new things everyday, i get along with everyone at work try to avoid problems at all times
Pros
a lot of over time
Cons
few chances for a promotion
sinking ship
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 4, 2015
A company on its last leg. A typical day there is strong lack of management. Some of the hardest working people I have ever worked with. The people are great the management are idiots.
Pros
the people
Cons
management
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 9, 2013
- sceduling meetings, organizing calendars, coordinate travel
- time management
- dedicated
- hard working
- working with challenging personalities
- working on various projects within different departments
The dirtiest food warehouse ive ever been in
supervisor (Former Employee) –  napervilleJanuary 28, 2014
Don't waste your time. Bunch of kids run the plant and do a horrible job. No one will help you or give you the time of day to teach you. I was a supervisor for a few months and then as soon as my managers 24/7 schedule didn't work I was let go for a "data entry error" a few days before x-mas..... thanks for nothing optimum!!
Pros
i dont work there anymore lol
Cons
everyrhing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optimum Nutrition. Our community is ready to answer.