Optimum Employee Reviews in United States

Best Job I have ever worked thus far.
Windows Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 2, 2016
This is a very small close working family. All support has easy access to whomever is needed for assistance whether it's technical or management. All are always eager to help one another.
Pros
Close to park and parking access
Cons
N/A
Excellent Company, Great People
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYApril 6, 2016
Really enjoyed the company and environment. I wish that the position I held was more of a fit for me. If there was a Retention or Customer Service position available I would go back there. It was a great working culture
productive environment supportive managers
Account Executive/Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJDecember 9, 2015
I worked as an account executive for Optimum. It was cold call sales. The job was to win back former customer who had switched to Verizon Fios. The top sales executives made excellent money, and a real good sales executive could earn a hefty monthly check. It was a unique opportunity. It was common place for the top producers to earn $12,000 a month. But, it clearly was not easy. The managers were helpful and encouraging. but, if you didn't make your monthly sales goals you were in jeopardy to loose your job.
Pros
independent, work hard play hard atmosphere
Cons
it was challenging to make the monthly sales goal
The best
Business Development and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 11, 2015
What we did at Optimum to help streamline corporate relocation was visionary. Will miss my time at Optimum. It was wonderful.
install cable
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2015
optimum was a fun place to work. I enjoyed my time there and it was very helpful to my skills. good co workers and excellent equipment.
Great company
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 2, 2015
Optimum is a great company to work for. They really care about the progress and advancement of their employees. There are many ways to get promoted and advance in the company.I would strongly recommend this company.
Pros
Great company.
Cons
Poor work life balance
A fast pace environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CtOctober 24, 2015
Fast pace environment to work in. Day to day operations include billing, troubleshooting, payments, and customer assistance.
Pros
Excellent Employee Benefits
Productive & fun place to work at
Level 2 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 30, 2015
Very stressful place to be if you're there more than 5 days of the week. Hardest part of the job were the non stop calls during outages that are not expected. Management here was sub par. During the time that I was here, a lot of management positions quickly became available shortly after being filled and most of them were hired outside of the company with little to any knowledge of the trade.
Pros
Good healthcare coverage & Benefits
Cons
Expensive lunch, management
respect and nice environment
(Cablevision) Lead Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Installs and repairs video and on-line products. Performs installs, reconnects, relocations, changes of service, Drop Network Certification (including leakage detection, Whole House Certification), and adds sets as instructed and required. Services equipment from the tap to the customer’s devices through the use of advanced digital field meter and appropriate diagnostic screens, including measurement of BER and MER. coaching new hire
career potential no longer exists
(Optimum) Technician (Former Employee) –  nySeptember 26, 2015
At one time a decent place to work with advancement potential and career opportunities. Mostly red tape and politics now. Everyone constantly walking on egg shells. Overworked with lack of help. Too much work and not enough employees to pick up some of the slack. The company sold but has been downsizing for some time now to appear more profitable but just wont admit it.
Pros
unsure of any due to sale of company
Cons
long hrs, under staffed
Converter Clerk/Regional Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMay 22, 2015
Pay scale goes up quickly. Tons of room to advance. Great work to life balance Friendly work environment that co-workers feel more like family
Need to know basic mathematics for decibel range and physical labor involved
Field Operations (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 5, 2015
I am now in search of a permanent position as a specialist in a dynamic company to which I can contribute my skills and knowledge while broadening my experience and advancing in my career.

If you are looking for a person who is professional, dedicated and focused, with a desire to succeed in a fast growing and constantly changing industry, I am confident in my ability to fill that position. The environment in which I have already achieved my status has taught me leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills. In a fast paced corporate world of New York, I have dealt with angry and frustrated clients who are desperate to have their equipment running right. There was no room for error and timing was everything. I have also trained new hires out in the field to handle not only the work but also the responsibilities that came along with the job.

I would like a chance to prove to you that I am a person with the integrity and energy you need working for you. If you think that a rewarding match can happen please feel free to reach me. Thank you.

A. Fridman
Pros
good work experience
Cons
Poor leadership
Corporate office attempting agency feel
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 3, 2015
Marketing oversees the creative services department and
seeks to build a structure akin to advertising agencies.

Staff is hardworking, and asked to do work and hours in excess of corporate standards without the compensation that agencies would provide for the vast amounts of overtime.
Pros
in house lunchroom, health care
Great Company very difficult job
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJApril 24, 2015
This is a serious and real company with significant capital and a genuinely competitive product. Co-workers were awesome and try to help as much as possible. Management was exceptional and supportive as well. I was a door to door account executive and that is an extraordinarily difficult job. Having many years of successful sales experience didn't matter a lick. You get all of 10 seconds to get the attention of the homeowner and the door starts to close. There are reps that make real money, but it wasn't the right spot for me and it takes time to develop that kind of sales approach. I didn't have the patience to fight through the cold, darkness and rejection to develop this very unique sales approach. If you work hard and stick with it, it can be rewarding and you can make real money. Six figures. There were several six figure earners in my office. Hours are difficult from 12pm to 9pm. Would you want a cable salesperson knocking on your door at 9:00 pm in January? Saturdays are 10:00 to 6:00. Sunday and Monday off. Report to Office for daily plan then off to the field. Plenty of freedom, minimal oversight but constant contact with Sales supervisors is expected. If you are selling, its less so. Knock 30 to 50 doors while daylight, make notes of who is home and who is not, go back to same 30 to 50 doors as many times as possible before 9:00 p.m. until you have reached someone at each door. 90% rejection rate at the door so you better be comfortable with that. The no's are a good thing, because then you don't have to waste time circling back to them. Have to find  more... the maybe's and the yes's. If you close 10% of your lead list, you will be the office star.  less
Pros
Very professional org, good people, good benefits, uncapped earning potential.
Cons
Weather, Darkness, Rejection and Hours
Same company deferent department
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 17, 2015
This the same company I work for and I am proud to say that I work for this company. I have learned new things and also met a lot of new people with this job.
Pros
wondeful company
Cons
different jobs never steady
Great place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 28, 2015
Optimum is a great place to work and build a career. A lot of benefits offer for employee.
Stable job, but not much room for growth as a tech
In house cable technician (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTDecember 30, 2014
Easy job, but lack of support from upper management. I was forced to do jobs I wasn't certified for and paid as a lower level tech for those higher certified jobs.
Pros
great benefits, uniforms, perks etc
Cons
management
Productive work place
Specialist, Business Integration Unit/Sr. Trainer (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 14, 2014
This office environment is fast paced and productive. The people you work with are very friendly.
Productive and fun place to work. A leader in innovative programming for their customer base.
Manager of Training and Quality (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 13, 2014
Excellent employee engagement, and wide variety of learning platforms to accommodate all learners.
Friendly and nice working environment
Traffic Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 26, 2014
Optimum is a good company to work for. Big company with lots or opportunities and room for growth.