Optimum Employee Reviews

fast pace and positve
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 3, 2017
the job is very fast pace and the things change everyday. They give every employee a few hours to go over the new policy, rules, and equipment as well
Pharmacy Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2017
Take between 80 to 100 calls from pharmacist and pharmacist tech. Go over customers insurance plan, check eligibility, go over overrides, check to see if the customer was able to get vacation meds, replace lost/ stolen meds, or needed pre auth.
Pros
fast work place
productive and fun place to work
Direct Sales Représentative (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Awesome place to work, we had a great time working together everyday, When things got tough you could always count on someone to lift your spirits. Great job
Regimented
Commercial Sales Director, Montana (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 14, 2016
A typical day at work was comprised of sales team development, sales calls and inside team management. The sales team was awesome and very enjoyable to work with.
Optimum has been a wonderful learning experience
Support Technician Level III (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
Typical day at work is what you make of it; I give my very best

I have learned to exploit my talents with little supervision

Management team is excellent; always around when needed

Aside from personal fulfillment, my co-workers have been the greatest thing to come with the job.

Hardest part of the job is coming back from vacation :)

Best part of the job is the intangible incredible feeling of having helped someone figure out something they though technologically unattainable and impossible.
Pros
401k, tuition reimbursment, health benefits, discounted services
Cons
shift bids, vacation allocation system
competitive work environment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 17, 2016
Dealing with unique personalities on a daily basis.
Management not so great.
Retaining the clients was the hardest art of the job
Great environment, team culture.
Store Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJuly 26, 2016
In this company everyone works as a team and each department understands that although it is a different department however the end result is the satisfaction of the customer. The company comes up with ways to satisfy not only the customers and clients but there employees as well. A career path development is provided to employees and mentoring is provided to those who request it. Working with the public might be mentioned as a difficult part of the job however if you make the transaction all about listening to them and what it is that they are there for it tends to run very smoothly. Your whole purpose becomes to make them aware of what it is you can do for them and not what you can not do.
Pros
The incentives are some times gift cards or trips awarded to a top performer
I havent worked for this company in years
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynbrook, NYJuly 14, 2016
Some of upper management's ego was way too ridiculous, and they showed favoritism to whomever brown nosed the best. Glad I was laid off, that forced me into a career change. They did me a favor
Great Co-workers and management
Customer Service Agent and Cable Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 22, 2016
Company was bought out by Charter Communications, previously known as Optimum. Optimum was the best call center job I have ever had. Great benefits, Great work environment and all employees and management felt like family. I loved coming to work everyday. With the company change over there were so many rules and regulations. It felt more "segregated" between the departments and a constant war. The changes were overwhelming as everything including normal day to day call handling procedures changed.Work environment seemed to all be negative and it caused the workers of the company to drift apart.
Turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2016
The company was brought out within 1 year and by three companies. There were a lot of turnovers by Ceo, and higher management.

Want to know more about Optimum?

Ask a question
fun
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 5, 2016
good job and you meet a lot of people and have memorable experiences, helping people and meeting people is the best part of the job
Best Job I have ever worked thus far.
Windows Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 2, 2016
This is a very small close working family. All support has easy access to whomever is needed for assistance whether it's technical or management. All are always eager to help one another.
Pros
Close to park and parking access
Cons
N/A
Excellent Company, Great People
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYApril 6, 2016
Really enjoyed the company and environment. I wish that the position I held was more of a fit for me. If there was a Retention or Customer Service position available I would go back there. It was a great working culture
benefits and work atmosphere
technical support group (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 18, 2016
company has great benefits and will do its best to help improve on the future of the workers. however when it comes to the work place, the company has each representative pinned against each other in the battle of who is better. If something happens than it becomes impossible to grow in the work place.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
workers are treated as children
productive environment supportive managers
Account Executive/Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJDecember 9, 2015
I worked as an account executive for Optimum. It was cold call sales. The job was to win back former customer who had switched to Verizon Fios. The top sales executives made excellent money, and a real good sales executive could earn a hefty monthly check. It was a unique opportunity. It was common place for the top producers to earn $12,000 a month. But, it clearly was not easy. The managers were helpful and encouraging. but, if you didn't make your monthly sales goals you were in jeopardy to loose your job.
Pros
independent, work hard play hard atmosphere
Cons
it was challenging to make the monthly sales goal
The best
Business Development and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 11, 2015
What we did at Optimum to help streamline corporate relocation was visionary. Will miss my time at Optimum. It was wonderful.
install cable
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2015
optimum was a fun place to work. I enjoyed my time there and it was very helpful to my skills. good co workers and excellent equipment.
Great company
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 2, 2015
Optimum is a great company to work for. They really care about the progress and advancement of their employees. There are many ways to get promoted and advance in the company.I would strongly recommend this company.
Pros
Great company.
Cons
Poor work life balance
A fast pace environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CtOctober 24, 2015
Fast pace environment to work in. Day to day operations include billing, troubleshooting, payments, and customer assistance.
Pros
Excellent Employee Benefits
Productive & fun place to work at
Level 2 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 30, 2015
Very stressful place to be if you're there more than 5 days of the week. Hardest part of the job were the non stop calls during outages that are not expected. Management here was sub par. During the time that I was here, a lot of management positions quickly became available shortly after being filled and most of them were hired outside of the company with little to any knowledge of the trade.
Pros
Good healthcare coverage & Benefits
Cons
Expensive lunch, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optimum. Our community is ready to answer.