OPTIMUS Employee Reviews

Great place to work but lack of management
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2017
Optimus is a great place to work but the management team is unfocused which can cause problems. There is a definite need for fresh talent and new eyes on the management team. Overall this is a great company with a great reputation but they could use some work becoming relevant again.
Poorly Run Business
Director of Corporate Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 1, 2016
There is little direction from upper management as to the direction they are trying to take this company. Is it a mail order business or do they want to expand out of South Florida.
Productive Fun working environment
Lead Generator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Making calls all day reaching out to to companies to speak to their HR. Must book to presentations with HR a day and have 30 at the end of the month
medical insurance coverage paid.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2016
At one time they offered tuition assistance that was eventually cut out. It was a really great place to work for before a new management compant took over. The company then went bankrupt.
Great company to work for
Youth Care Mentor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 29, 2015
This was a fun place to work at. Management and staff were supportive and accommodating. I really enjoyed working with the youth and helping them improve their lives. I was welcomed in with open arms and grew with the company. Pay was decent and the environment was positive. Job is pretty routine but there is never a dull day. There is always something new to learn or experience. The days are long but worth every minute as you are changing the lives of disadvantaged youth.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Free Lunch
Cons
Little to no benifits
Working with the staff and with the worker's
Warehouse Associate, forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 15, 2014
Working with the staff was great. They were very friendly. I have learned a lot from them over the year's. If there was a hard part of my job I wouldn't know what it would be. I liked working there.
Pros
Learning new thing's every day
Best Summer Internship of my Career
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2014
Back in the summer of 2002 I had the privilege of working for one of the best post-houses in the business. Optimus is full of fun, fresh people who know their business very well.

Their client list is endless and my day was full of great opportunities to learn and grow in my profession.

The majority of my time as an intern was spent running media all over the Chicago area, and while many would find this drab I loved it. I was not from the Chicago area, so having the opportunity to get out in the summer weather and really learn my way around the Chicago downtown, priceless.

If you ever have the opportunity to do business with Optimus I hope you will seize that day, and take full advantage of working with a great team of creative and smart people.
Pros
Laid-back, Fun, Smart
Cons
A bit self aware
Best Place to Work in Production/Post in Chicago
Vault Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Its a real family environment where th ebes tin proffesional commercial production is always happening.
Pros
office culture, daily snacks, weekly massages/yoga, giant annual parties
Cons
long-ish hours when needed
productive job working with others
packing (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Typical day at work was always busy. I learned how to work faster on packing and working in groups. The manager was a fair to all workers. The hardest part of the job was when the products would get jammed on the machine and we had to stack the rest of the product on different tables since the product would fall to the floor if it wasn't taken care of immediately. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was always busy so time flew by fast.
Cons
salary
A family all about their business
Intern (Former Employee) –  chicagoOctober 14, 2013
When I interned at Optimus, I felt loved and was around a team full of knowledgeable people; they taught me so much!
Was a temp job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 30, 2013
I did data entry for this company and took pictures of merchandise to place online for customers to view. Short term work, was laid off after 6 months of temp job.
Realxed work environement with creative attitude
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  C09April 13, 2013
Good work culture along with supporting staffs and trchnicians
I worked from 1:30pm to 10:00pm usually later, worked on a food production line.
Palletizer/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CASeptember 12, 2012
(Palletizing) clock in, walk to my line and start labeling boxes for the product were running that day. before the shift prior to me leaves i make sure i have enough supplies to last such as boxes, pallets and inners.
Then my shift starts pack the inner boxes filled with the food product and place them in a big cardboard box and set that in a organized manner onto the pallet till the required amount is on the pallet then wrap it plastic print a label for that pallet showing where its to be shipped to.
(Machine Operator) clock in, walk to my line and talk to the previous shitfs operator to see how the machines been running. between shifts ill clean the machine very quickly to get any remaining product out. then change the date to be printed on all inner boxers, from then on out just watch and maintain the machine making sure it runs smoothly.
i learned how to do all of that, i had no prior knowledge of any of it.
the co-workers mostly only spoke spanish which i dont, but very nice ppl.
Pros
lots of hours and decent pay
Cons
managment was poor and it was very very hot in there.
Geneva Park District Pool
Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILApril 23, 2012
• Managed operations of the park district pool
• Scheduled and conducted employee meetings
• Created schedules for swimming and lifeguard coverage
• Planned and managed all private events on the pool grounds
• Coordinated private swimming lessons
Pros
great co- workers
Cons
front office