Options Clearing Corporation Employee Reviews

Had great benefits and salary was good
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
Since we were a satellite office, we were out of site, out of mind and therefore Head quarters would tend to forget about us. Our NY office was small but I ran the office with a great group of people.
No fun gamwa
Software Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXApril 20, 2017
Good place to work but not good work life balance. I would rate 3 out of 5. The reason why is because the raises are so low and they work their people to death.
Benefits
Cons
Long working hours
Changing with the times
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2016
OCC is a solid company going through significant structural and operational change. Very experienced and competent staff, new leadership and solid foundation. Culture change is significant as well, lots of opportunity to make a difference.
Pros
Access to smart people and good corporate vision
Cons
Staff shortages, but working hard to mitigate.
Occ
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2016
Was just an intern when I worked here, but it was a great team environment that taught me a lot as the first true place I worked out of college.
Already reviewed. under clerk.
Training to be a market-maker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2016
Already reviewed the Options Clearing Corporation. This review is in regard to training as a market-maker..It lead to clerking on the floor of the exchange.
Pros
Challenging.
Cons
Challenging
Legal Department is Top Notch
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2015
The legal department is great at OCC. They all are very polished professionals. Great communication and I would highly recommend OCC to anyone!
Pros
Great Communication!
Cons
Not a bad choice if you're a college student
Senior Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2015
The management is currently very new and they don't have their vision in place yet. What the company does is extremely stable and great; however, it's not a good idea to come in as an experienced hire with a lot of expectations currently.
Excellent company
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 1, 2015
Excellent company to work in Chicago. Great team and lot to learn about products and applications. OCC serves entire options trading transactions in the world.
Older workforce. Very technical.
Designer / Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2015
Growing company. Employees tend to be older and tenured. Old school mentality. Many employees with technical backgrounds. Many consultants.
Productive, fast paced work environment with modern facilities
Member Representative/ Sr Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Production processing in the member services department makes up a typical daily cycle which is aided by multiple processes and multiple departments throughout the day. The diversity of the job makes each day active and unpredictable, yet interesting. They are a full service organization to its membership.
Good place for experience and advancement
Applications Services Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2014
The job consists of writing sql queries, lots of documentation, screen mock ups, and integration testing. At the OCC I worked in teams, once as a lead of other interns, and got a real taste of what is like to be in the business world. Both coworkers and management are kind and helpful for the most part. The hardest part of the job is coming up with the creative solutions needed for some of the different problems that arise in the OCC's type of business. The most enjoyable part of my job at the OCC were the people here and the relatively relaxed working environment for being a financial company.
Pros
Pay for interns, lots of charity/work functions, working in the loop, flexible schedule
Starting Career At OCC
Application Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2013
Great place to start your career especially as an intern. Not much pressure working on projects but do expect deadlines to be met. Very flexible when it comes time management and work hours. Co workers are very down to earth and easy to talk with. Overall Good Experience
Small satellite office setting, quiet atmosphere, little distraction
Member Representative/ Sr Help Desk Call Center (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2013
As a member of the help desk call center, phones were transferred from the data center to the help desk.

Daily log activity preparation (internal)

All calls were received, answered, and logged via Salesforce through out the day.

Call inquiries involved corporate actions, intranet Encore assistance

Assigned clearing member duties addressed; 10 firms assigned

Machine readable job requests were handled

Internal team meeting agenda preparation
Pros
An excellent office environment, early hours off by 4:30
Cons
cubicles
Changing Environment
Sr. IS Auditor, Information Services Audit (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2012
I learned a lot about the options industry at this job. My co-workers were great. This was the best job I ever had when I started, however, over the last two years, departmental management direction became unclear. This made it difficult to complete projects.
Pros
salary, bonuses, people
Cons
healthcare, management direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Options Clearing Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2