Optomi Employee Reviews

Promises of Growth and Values Unrealistic
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 27, 2017
I joined Optomi 4 months ago after a little over a year in the IT Staffing industry. I left a company that I loved as Optomi offered more opportunities to grow down the line, a higher base salary and a manager that seemed to support me before I even walked in the door. We talked about a potential leadership role down the line and ideas around process and company values that I could get behind.

After a few weeks to a month in the role I started to "see behind the curtain" so to speak and the company values, culture and recruiting process did not match what was discussed with me during the interview process. One of the company values is that we are "genuine" and that is something that I hold dear in this industry. It sets me apart and I do not want to lose this. I do not feel as though this value is upheld nor the idea that they are not transactional within the industry. It is high pressure, fast paced and only the top performers are recognized or rewarded. They are bottom line driven and have little to no interest in associates that do not help to increase that bottom line.
Pros
A lot of potential to make a great deal of money, incentive trips, growing company with a changing org.
Cons
High turn-over, expected to work many hours and put work before life in order to succeed, high pressure from top down, micromanagement
Great Company to Consult Through
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 20, 2017
I had great interactions with Optomi while consulting through them for another company. Everyone I dealt with at Optomi was positive, upbeat and helpful. I would highly recommend working through Optomi!
Pros
Great employees, frequent feedback and touchbase calls
Great engineer contract company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 17, 2017
I worked for Optimi as a consultant for one of their customer.

The entire process has been really honest and neat, from the hiring to the conversion as a full-time employee.

They have been really accessible and I received periodical phone calls in order to check that everything was going well in my final client.

They also organized several happy hours with all the contractors, what helped me a lot on meeting new people and consolidating a network within the company.

Overall, it is a great contract company!
Pros
Happy hours, continuous follow up with contractors
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Helpful Recruiters
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 16, 2017
Optomi is a very helpful consulting firm that maintained communication with me during my job search and promptly found me a new job to interview for within one month which I was offered that week. Their recruiters and managers are extremely nice and helpful to make their employees and consultants feel at home.
Pros
Bi-monthly free team lunches, snacks
OPTOMI is focused on the right things!
Program Manager with Fiserv (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 7, 2017
Honest, supportive and professional describe every interaction I have with Optomi. From the initial conversation about a possible placement to a weekly touch point to make sure everything is going well for me. This is hands down the best sourcing company in Atlanta Georgia. I would recommend them to companies who need great team members and anyone who is seeking a new role.
Pros
Frequent touch and so supportive
Cons
Like them so much will be hard to take a perm role
Incredible organization!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2017
Working at Optomi, has been the MOST rewarding job I have ever been in. From giving back to our local communities on a day to day basis, to your CEO calling you to tell you that you have done a great job, there is no place like Optomi. There is extreme career growth opportunities, and promotion from within. In such a transactional industry, Optomi made it a point to be different through our Technology Driven and Skill Set approach, our Consultant Care program, and most importantly Opt2Give.
Pros
Giving Back platform, skill set approach, incredible executives, encouragement from all
Cons
None.
Great Company
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2017
Optomi is a great place to work! As a recruiter, you manage your own desk and schedule. Of course there are KPI metrics that you are expected to hit, but these are to keep you on track to make great money. Executives take the time to get to know every employee and no success here will go unnoticed. The staffing industry in general is a grind, but it is well worth it with Optomi. You have awesome performance trips and great commission structures. I highly recommend Optomi!
Pros
Great Culture, Benefits, Performance Trips, Room to Grow
Cons
None that I can think of.
Organically growing company with a great culture
Tech Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2017
Optomi does right by its consultants and internal employees -- They are one of the fastest growing IT staffing companies in the industry and do business the right way. Great culture, great opportunity for advancement, and management is great to work with.
Pros
Great Culture, Opportunity for Advancement, Great training/onboarding
Cons
Account Executive in a very competitive industry
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I work on business development within the software life cycle in one of the most competitive industries out there.IT staffing is a completely different world. There are 2,500 other IT staffing firms out there in Orange County alone.
Fast Paced Environment With Friendly Faces
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2016
Optomi is has been nominated as the best staffing firm to work for three years in a row. If you like the fast-paced and ever-changing environment of the staffing industry, then Optomi is the place for you.
Pros
A lot of room for growth
Cons
Long Hours

Want to know more about Optomi?

Ask a question
Enjoyed My Time
Quality Assurance Test Manager / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 12, 2015
Growing recruiting firm. They do the right thing. I enjoyed my time there. I would recommend to other friends and associates.
Cons
Good
Senior Technical Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 3, 2015
Good
This is a Good Company. I learn a lot from this company.
I like this company. I work good with the manager.
Most enjoy with my co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optomi. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2