OPTP has been the trusted source for healthcare and fitness professionals for over 30 years providing a one-stop-shop for premium quality health and fitness related tools. OPTP has gained a worldwide reputation for excellence in personal service and product selection, offering one of the most extensive and comprehensive websites and catalogs in the industry.
The candidate needs to be on site, have 5-7 years web design/development experience, with very strong portfolio to reflect this. This position is responsible for developing/designing and maintaining the company’s multiple websites, Content Management. Develop interactive programs, including development email campaigns, banner ads, e-books, e-newsletters, social media and web videos.
The candidate must have significant experience with web based applications and e-commerce related sites. Best practice, functional and process knowledge of consumer web e-commerce engines is a critical part of the position as well as today’s web marketing trends and opportunities. Web experience and understanding in areas such as: customer registration, checkout, shopping cart/basket, product catalog navigation, product detail, and other standard web site attributes are required. Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- At least 5-7 years of industry experience building mid to large scale consumer facing web applications
- Design, develop and maintain web based business applications
- Deep knowledge of front-end engineering issues that affect the user experience, such as page performance, SEO, browser compatibility and accessibility
- Deploy, monitor, report and analyze website metrics
- Develop creative strategies for the companies’ social media initiatives
- Assist in maintaining the company’s information technology systems, (IT)
- Provide website support, updating news and administering the addition of new products
- Good technical leadership skills
- Strong design skills, print design background
- Will work in a fast paced, collaborative and team environment with both technical and non-technical staff, so demonstrated communication and teamwork skills are critical
- Occasional travel
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), or (B.S.)
Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
If you are interested in the position please submit your cover letter, resume, and no less than three samples of your work or link to your online portfolio.
We appreciate every applicant’s interest in the position, however only those under consideration will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted. Thank you!