Opus Bank Employee Reviews

Annonymous
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 26, 2017
Customers were nice to work with. Management doesn't encourage you to succeed. Culture is backstabbing. Always afraid of not being able to succeed.
Pros
Cons
No support
It was good with colleagues
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2017
Good co-workers and workload was heavy for my position becaues i was a go to guy and staff from IT relied upon me to work tickets.
The process for Cahnge Control could improve and HelpDesk can do basic troubleshooting versus just handing phone calls or tickets to higher level support.
Pros
Work Environment and Staff
Cons
Quick turnover for my position according to peer that has been here long
new bank, lots of turn over, daily micromanaging
Banking Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Sammamish, WAAugust 14, 2017
high expectations with basic products and very little marketing to support your business developing. Multiple weekly conference calls to keep you in line and micromanage your activities.
Fast-paced growth bank
Retail Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2017
This place presents plenty of opportunity to demonstrate your skills and prove yourself. Lots of opportunity to grow and advance. There is never a dull moment at this place.
Horrific place to work - STAY AWAY!
Do not want to reveal (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2017
Do not apply to work for this Company. You will regret it.
Upper Management uses you until they no longer need you.
There is constant harassment and discrimination. They work you to death only to dispose of you when you are no longer needed.
I am doing this as a public service. No one deserves to go thru what many of us have gone thru.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list. Do not consider working here EVER!
Great Bank
Director; Small Business Banking (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2017
Great bank with great people working there. Management was great and they knew how to lead their teams. Of course there were some who were not so good but all companies have that.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Their previous scoring program to get SBB credit deals done
Fast paced environment
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 30, 2017
Fast paced environment that can be defined as sink or swim. You must come with the knowledge or know how to find it on your own. You must be a self starter and be able to figure it out for yourself.
Typical Bank, assistting a loan officer
Intern, Income Property Banking (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2017
Basic internship. Professional attire required. I did all the extra work the loan officer had each day. Workplace culture was like a basic bank. Learned excel. Made phone calls.
Pros
free lunch, free coffee, networking, develop phone skills, very flexible, banking computer skills.
Cons
unpaid internship, no office culture, strict management.
Ok
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Encino, CaliforniaApril 27, 2017
It's not the worst bank to work for, but certainly isn't close to being the best. No real structure or direction from upper management and goals change almost overnight
Cons
Staffing is run at a bare minimum which makes scheduling appointments a nightmare
Used to be great...
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 11, 2017
Opus Bank used to be a great place to work. Now the firm is in financial trouble and management has restructured. Company culture is terrible, employees are considering their options at all levels.

Want to know more about Opus Bank?

Ask a question
Overall culture was good..........work recognition was less than I would have liked to see. (Not just speaking regarding myself).
Default Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 3, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting people in neighboring departments....cross training and celebrating others achievements.

Typical day at work was dealing with my clients, and helping others (co-workers) with complex incoming calls that co-worker had problems handling/researching. Not just default issues.

The most difficult part of the job was not the job duties, but the morale in our small department.
Pros
Quarter-end lunches; Holiday festivities, etcs.....
Cons
Growth potential.... expanding reponsibilities; indendepene
Decent salary and incentive
Senior Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Decent salary and incentive. Micro Managing style. Limited internal advancements. Company experienced high turn-over due to micro managing, limited advancements.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Bad Managements, limited internal advancements
Fun place to work
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 8, 2017
Opus had a great customer base. I enjoyed working with the staff. They were very caring and flexible. It was hard to leave them.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Distance to main office
In-store and very small space to work in.
Client Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WADecember 22, 2016
A typical day at work was to pressure people to open new accounts, making 25 plus calls per day or more. Constant change in proceedures.

I learned to be very versital and hard sales.

I had great co workers and supervisors. They were under the same pressures.

Hardest part of the job was meeting the required sales. Although I was in the top ten in all of Washington each month.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with and my clients. Building relationships with portfolios.
Pros
Worked close to home.
Cons
Sometimes so short handed we worked lunches and breaks.
Decent place to work
Contract Position - Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 3, 2016
The overall feel to Opus Bank is good for all types of career seekers. The management can be busy at times and training in certain areas may suffer, A person who is calm and collected can thrive here.
Small, yet fun working environment.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Coast, CASeptember 12, 2016
Comfortable working environment. Lack of career development opportunities. Promoting is difficult as positions are limited. However, you learn a lot where you can leverage your skills and knowledge into other companies.
Fun, fast paced environment
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2016
Good place to work. Steady, fast paced environment. Fair and honest work place with good management. Company cares about its employees. I would recommend.
...
VP, Banking Operations & Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 15, 2016
A place where you can learn and also apply things that you've learned throughout your career. I'm off to a great start and I hope to continue at Opus Bank for years to come.
Pros
...
Cons
...
CEP (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Good company to work for. Good spirit and processes. Wish i didn't have to leave so soon. Would recommend to anyone looking.
Banking
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 14, 2015
After over 19 years in banking and having the bank I worked for become acquired by another bank made for a hard transition. I was laid off after 19 years. My job was hard but rewarding and so were the benefits. I was ready for a change and am excited to finally work for a company that values me and my work.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
Laid off after acquisition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opus Bank. Our community is ready to answer.