Opus Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, fast paced environment
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2016
Good place to work. Steady, fast paced environment. Fair and honest work place with good management. Company cares about its employees. I would recommend.
CEP (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Good company to work for. Good spirit and processes. Wish i didn't have to leave so soon. Would recommend to anyone looking.
Banking
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 14, 2015
After over 19 years in banking and having the bank I worked for become acquired by another bank made for a hard transition. I was laid off after 19 years. My job was hard but rewarding and so were the benefits. I was ready for a change and am excited to finally work for a company that values me and my work.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
Laid off after acquisition
Co workers knowledgeable and helpful
BSA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 25, 2015
Enjoyed the work and the staff. However, it was a 50 mile drive--one way for me. The mileage was taking its toll on my car and an hour or more to get there and home.
The work was interesting and the system easy. Co workers on the project were all congenial. Regular bank staff was helpful.
Even though the contract workers on the project were temporary they were included and treated as regular staff. You felt as if you belonged to the company. It was sad to leave after the project was finished.
No comment at this time
BSA/AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 11, 2015
I have nothing negative or positive to express at this time. My decision to move is based on economic and philosophical aspects of the company
Beware....
Client Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  IrvineSeptember 2, 2015
Opus Bank has no training. It is a fairly new bank and it is still in its infancy stages. There is really no clear direction as to how to do your job. They will tell you what is required but their tools and resources are very limited.
Pros
Grow along company
Cons
no training
Entry Level - Good Place to Learn and Start Career
Banking Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 20, 2015
Management and Employee turnover is in abundance at Opus Bank due to the ever changing environment. There is not a lot of consistency due to so many changes. This can become very stressful at times.

Heavy workload, no overtime and expected to complete tasks within the 8 hours scheduled. This is almost impossible with not enough FTEs.

I have been able to expand my knowledge in the Financial industry and for that I am grateful.
Pros
start up bank, great place to gain experience, immediate co-workers
Cons
Heavy Workload, skeleton crew, advancement limited, benefits
not that great in customer service
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 7, 2015
ever since opus took over bay cities there customer service went down the hill all they would tell us to do is refer them to the 1800 #.
in a matter of a month we lost half of our customers.
doesnt train well and are snooty
teller/Customer Service/Cash handler (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAOctober 16, 2014
wasn't very good I didn't have very good training they train janoitors better!! they threw me in all by myself on a Friday( payday) and expected that I already knew how to do the job
Pros
looks good on your resume and great to learn a new thing
Cons
snooty co workers busy and no training
A good place to learn and get experience in operations
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 2, 2014
The company does not have any training programs set up. You learn as you go. Plan on not advancing to a better position here, they will discourage you from advancing. The CFO has declined all raises. He has only allowed annual bonuses. The bonus program here isn't great for all that this department does for the company.
Pros
casual fridays are just the only good thing here.
Cons
the health plan here is horrible. too much work and so little time.
Good place to work.
VP/Treasury Management Officer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 7, 2014
Working at Opus Bank has been a balance of pressure and fun. I have a great manager who allows me a lot of independence.
Pros
independence, accountablity
Fun Place To Work At
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport CoastJune 19, 2014
Environment encompasses support from staff members and collaborative efforts with every aspects of the job.
Pros
strong leadership
benefits
Growing company
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  La Jolla CA 92037June 13, 2014
Morning reports, operations in general. Wire transfers, deposits, holds. Open accounts, submit all docs for account.
I have learned a lot with Opus bank, specially the sales part of the job.
Co-workers are fine, very small office so not much going on
The job is not hard just demanding due to the fact that the bank is so new we spend a lot of time cold calling, sending letters, networking to get Opus Bank name out in the communities.
I get to meet a lot of professionals at the networking events.
Pros
growing company, opportunity for promotions.
Cons
hard to take time off due to very small staff.
Great pay, poorly managed
Senior Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJune 2, 2014
good pay for what the job is, upper management is very sloppy, constantly changing policies procedures, no proper training etc.. its an easy job for a part timer. It works while I'm in school but I would never consider it as a full time career.
Coversion
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMay 15, 2014
Before I worked for Opus Bank it was California Bank and Trust. Although I can ajust to change well this particular bank was not for me. When we were CB and T we had a nice balance of work/home, meaning there was enough staff to cover anyone who needed time off or called in sick without adding stress to the person requesting off. I was able to handle the extra work load, that was not the problem. The problem was when my child was sick and I could not leave work because of the under staffing and therefore resulted into me having to bring my son to work and rest in our breakroom. I will do whatever it takes to get the job done and do well, but that is unessary. As for the work environment it was like we were family, we took care of eachother. I do miss my fellow team mates but I do not miss working for Opus Bank as a company.
Pros
worked with family, great communication, great clients
Cons
interrupted lunches, short staffed
A productive learning experience
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 2, 2014
I have had a few years of banking experience and was always very knowledgeable when it came to business and finance. But working with this company, I continue to learn and grow everyday not just by my peers at work but also with all the great clients that I get to work with. This is a place where you can either work alone or as a team and they always continue to train and help you go above and beyond. This job has made me go from an interest to Business and marketing to a passion. Its a great company and I have nothing but great things to say about it. If I had only one negative thing to say maybe it would be the horrible traffic driving to downtown every morning. But usually the rest of the day gets better!
Pros
closed on saturdays! not too much foot traffic but able to get all work done at a timely manner
Cons
we have our extremly slow days.
In General, positive & productive work environment.
Contractor for Corestaff Services (Current Employee) –  Redondo beach, CADecember 22, 2013
Worked with a good team including management. Positive & productive office environment. Unfortunately upper management was not interested in continuing or direct hire of office clerk/scanning positions.
Pros
friendly atmosphere.
Cons
no room for advancement.
Run for the hills
Management (Current Employee) –  IrvineOctober 22, 2013
I would rather be at the dentist getting my teeth drilled. Management is young and very uneducated and unprofessional. No work life balance. From the top down, unprofessional and everyone there looks for work and wants to quit.
Cons
everything
Worst Place to Work
Ex-Employee (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 14, 2013
Review Opus Bank prior to applying, terrible place to go to everyday of the week.
Pros
zero pros
It was an OK experience
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 24, 2013
Coworkers were great to work with. Met a lot of great people.
The management style was different.

2.9