Opus Bank Employee Reviews

Decent salary and incentive
Senior Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Decent salary and incentive. Micro Managing style. Limited internal advancements. Company experienced high turn-over due to micro managing, limited advancements.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Bad Managements, limited internal advancements
Decent place to work
Contract Position - Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 3, 2016
The overall feel to Opus Bank is good for all types of career seekers. The management can be busy at times and training in certain areas may suffer, A person who is calm and collected can thrive here.
In-store and very small space to work in.
Client Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WADecember 22, 2016
A typical day at work was to pressure people to open new accounts, making 25 plus calls per day or more. Constant change in proceedures.

I learned to be very versital and hard sales.

I had great co workers and supervisors. They were under the same pressures.

Hardest part of the job was meeting the required sales. Although I was in the top ten in all of Washington each month.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with and my clients. Building relationships with portfolios.
Pros
Worked close to home.
Cons
Sometimes so short handed we worked lunches and breaks.
Small, yet fun working environment.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Coast, CASeptember 12, 2016
Comfortable working environment. Lack of career development opportunities. Promoting is difficult as positions are limited. However, you learn a lot where you can leverage your skills and knowledge into other companies.
Fun place to work
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 8, 2017
Opus had a great customer base. I enjoyed working with the staff. They were very caring and flexible. It was hard to leave them.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Distance to main office
Entry Level - Good Place to Learn and Start Career
Banking Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 20, 2015
Management and Employee turnover is in abundance at Opus Bank due to the ever changing environment. There is not a lot of consistency due to so many changes. This can become very stressful at times.

Heavy workload, no overtime and expected to complete tasks within the 8 hours scheduled. This is almost impossible with not enough FTEs.

I have been able to expand my knowledge in the Financial industry and for that I am grateful.
Pros
start up bank, great place to gain experience, immediate co-workers
Cons
Heavy Workload, skeleton crew, advancement limited, benefits
Worst Place To Work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 13, 2013
From the highest level of management all the way down to the botton this is a bad bad place to work. Terrible incentives, terrible benefits, terrible work life balance. They expect you to work 12+ hours a day & weekends with no incentives, no extras not even a thank you. I don't mind working hard and going the extra mile - but for what?! Everyone and I mean everyone goes about their daily business while secretly looking for other jobs, it is not good. It's kind of odd too how people in the office are quiet and whisper to each other because of the open concept work environment. The "no cube" idea is a bad one and not the only bad idea the CEO came up with. The majority of the employees that have worked at Opus for at leas 6 months know what's going on and want to get out. Opus Bank does a terrible job of keeping their employees happy and doing the right thing to maintain a good or even decent work life balance. Things may seem hunky-dory when you walk in the door but believe me it is not.
Pros
Headquartered in Irvine
Cons
Everything about the company
Fun, fast paced environment
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2016
Good place to work. Steady, fast paced environment. Fair and honest work place with good management. Company cares about its employees. I would recommend.
Banking
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 14, 2015
After over 19 years in banking and having the bank I worked for become acquired by another bank made for a hard transition. I was laid off after 19 years. My job was hard but rewarding and so were the benefits. I was ready for a change and am excited to finally work for a company that values me and my work.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
Laid off after acquisition
A good place to learn and get experience in operations
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 2, 2014
The company does not have any training programs set up. You learn as you go. Plan on not advancing to a better position here, they will discourage you from advancing. The CFO has declined all raises. He has only allowed annual bonuses. The bonus program here isn't great for all that this department does for the company.
Pros
Casual Fridays are just the only good thing here.
Cons
The health plan here is horrible. Too much work and so little time.
...
VP, Banking Operations & Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 15, 2016
A place where you can learn and also apply things that you've learned throughout your career. I'm off to a great start and I hope to continue at Opus Bank for years to come.
Pros
...
Cons
...
In General, positive & productive work environment.
Contractor for Corestaff Services (Current Employee) –  Redondo beach, CADecember 22, 2013
Worked with a good team including management. Positive & productive office environment. Unfortunately upper management was not interested in continuing or direct hire of office clerk/scanning positions.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Great pay, poorly managed
Senior Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJune 2, 2014
good pay for what the job is, upper management is very sloppy, constantly changing policies procedures, no proper training etc.. its an easy job for a part timer. It works while I'm in school but I would never consider it as a full time career.
Run for the hills
Management (Current Employee) –  IrvineOctober 22, 2013
I would rather be at the dentist getting my teeth drilled. Management is young and very uneducated and unprofessional. No work life balance. From the top down, unprofessional and everyone there looks for work and wants to quit.
Growing company
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  La Jolla CA 92037June 13, 2014
Morning reports, operations in general. Wire transfers, deposits, holds. Open accounts, submit all docs for account.
I have learned a lot with Opus bank, specially the sales part of the job.
Co-workers are fine, very small office so not much going on
The job is not hard just demanding due to the fact that the bank is so new we spend a lot of time cold calling, sending letters, networking to get Opus Bank name out in the communities.
I get to meet a lot of professionals at the networking events.
Pros
growing company, opportunity for promotions.
Cons
Hard to take time off due to very small staff.
Co workers knowledgeable and helpful
BSA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 25, 2015
Enjoyed the work and the staff. However, it was a 50 mile drive--one way for me. The mileage was taking its toll on my car and an hour or more to get there and home.
The work was interesting and the system easy. Co workers on the project were all congenial. Regular bank staff was helpful.
Even though the contract workers on the project were temporary they were included and treated as regular staff. You felt as if you belonged to the company. It was sad to leave after the project was finished.
Run
Loan Administration (ex-employee) (Former Employee) –  IrvineJune 7, 2013
In agreement with last post. Daily work was hitting a brick wall with the smallest tasks. Day to day frustration caused by excessive micro-management. End of month crunch was working through lunch and until 10pm to 11pm, with no appreciation, to close 90% of loans in last week. Files piled in mounds on floor due to no time for post funding due diligence. Do not quit a half decent job for a position with Opus.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Entering parking structure in morning
CEP (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Good company to work for. Good spirit and processes. Wish i didn't have to leave so soon. Would recommend to anyone looking.
A productive learning experience
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 2, 2014
I have had a few years of banking experience and was always very knowledgeable when it came to business and finance. But working with this company, I continue to learn and grow everyday not just by my peers at work but also with all the great clients that I get to work with. This is a place where you can either work alone or as a team and they always continue to train and help you go above and beyond. This job has made me go from an interest to Business and marketing to a passion. Its a great company and I have nothing but great things to say about it. If I had only one negative thing to say maybe it would be the horrible traffic driving to downtown every morning. But usually the rest of the day gets better!
Pros
Closed on Saturdays! not too much foot traffic but able to get all work done at a timely manner
Cons
We have our extremly slow days.
Coversion
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMay 15, 2014
Before I worked for Opus Bank it was California Bank and Trust. Although I can ajust to change well this particular bank was not for me. When we were CB and T we had a nice balance of work/home, meaning there was enough staff to cover anyone who needed time off or called in sick without adding stress to the person requesting off. I was able to handle the extra work load, that was not the problem. The problem was when my child was sick and I could not leave work because of the under staffing and therefore resulted into me having to bring my son to work and rest in our breakroom. I will do whatever it takes to get the job done and do well, but that is unessary. As for the work environment it was like we were family, we took care of eachother. I do miss my fellow team mates but I do not miss working for Opus Bank as a company.
Pros
worked with family, great communication, great clients
Cons
interrupted lunches, short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opus Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9