ORA Orthopedics Employee Review

View all ORA Orthopedics reviews

Enjoyed staff apprciation day.
Certified Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 27, 2012
Great co-workers and physicians!!

Great benefits and wonderful 401K.

Other ORA Orthopedics Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IADecember 1, 2016
ORA is a fun place to work with good people. They do a lot of family oriented events which are fun. They are good to their employees.
coding for a paycheck with a side of high school drama
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 31, 2016
There is a high expectation of productivity here with a low level of understanding of what accurate medical coding is. Efficiency is worried about first, accuracy later. There is no coding supervisor so it makes for a lot of inconsistency as far as protocols go. A lot of the time I worked here I felt like people just kind of do what they want and hope to get away with it, and if you are on managements good side you usually will get away with it. I was not a fan of the favoritism that goes on, I also do not believe the employees are paid for their worth based on an average medical coder salary. They are very lenient and helpful when it comes to taking time off and the benefits are somewhat affordable for a family and they do provide you with a life insurance policy which is nice. The employee events were always a good time as well. They do provide you with an AAPC membership yearly but you are not provided with many coding materials other than books and a login to codecorrect.com.. I feel like if there were some protocols set and everything wasn't just set up to do what you feel is best things would be a lot less stressful for everyone here.
Pros
employee events/parties, pick your start time, lenient with time off requests
Cons
productivity is high with no real time to research, high school drama/ favortism, inconsistent protocol, payment over accuracy view

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ORA Orthopedics. Our community is ready to answer.

ORA Orthopedics Reviews by Location