ORA Orthopedics Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IADecember 1, 2016
ORA is a fun place to work with good people. They do a lot of family oriented events which are fun. They are good to their employees.
coding for a paycheck with a side of high school drama
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 31, 2016
There is a high expectation of productivity here with a low level of understanding of what accurate medical coding is. Efficiency is worried about first, accuracy later. There is no coding supervisor so it makes for a lot of inconsistency as far as protocols go. A lot of the time I worked here I felt like people just kind of do what they want and hope to get away with it, and if you are on managements good side you usually will get away with it. I was not a fan of the favoritism that goes on, I also do not believe the employees are paid for their worth based on an average medical coder salary. They are very lenient and helpful when it comes to taking time off and the benefits are somewhat affordable for a family and they do provide you with a life insurance policy which is nice. The employee events were always a good time as well. They do provide you with an AAPC membership yearly but you are not provided with many coding materials other than books and a login to codecorrect.com.. I feel like if there were some protocols set and everything wasn't just set up to do what you feel is best things would be a lot less stressful for everyone here.
Pros
employee events/parties, pick your start time, lenient with time off requests
Cons
productivity is high with no real time to research, high school drama/ favortism, inconsistent protocol, payment over accuracy view
very busy fast paced office
Certified Professional Coder (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAAugust 22, 2016
job is enjoyable but management micro manages everything that goes on in office. not much direct contact with providers. the co-workers lack work ethic most of the time. I like the job because I love medical coding and it is close to home
Pros
fair amount of time off
Cons
short breaks
Overall good place to work
Front Desk Registration / Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAMarch 25, 2016
Like any business there is always room for improvement all around.
I believe they are trying to work on improving the atmosphere regarding team work.
Pros
Management is very approachable
Cons
Some departments should be paid more, for all they do.
Not recommended
licensed practical nurse (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILFebruary 24, 2016
The best part of working there was the co-workers and the Doctors. Management does not care about their employees. Push out the older employees and hire inexperience young people that don't care is the new motto.
A professional environment with strong mentoring supervisors
Contract Specialist/Insurance Claims Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAFebruary 7, 2016
My coworkers were experienced, skilled in their field, pleasant team players.
Our Administrative and Department Managers were approachable and mentoring.
Benefits were more than satisfactory and always being re-evaluated for better terms for the employees.
Holidays and personal time off were ample and fair to each employee.
Annual assessments were always conducted in a timely manner and annual increases were always conducive to the employee production levels.
Out of the office, after hours, family and community based activities were hosted by the company which allowed for a friendly team building working environment.
Great pay and benefits
staff (Former Employee) –  Quad CitiesDecember 9, 2015

Don't be seduced by the great pay and benefits for this company. There is a reason for it. The lack of a training program, standard operating procedures, workplace bullying, herding patients in like cattle and poor health and safety adherence is among a few reasons.

But the pay is above average and the benefits are good. You have to decide what is worth it for you. I didn't think it was.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, decent pay and good benefits
Cons
Disappointing when it could be so much more
Excellend physicians - personable staff
Medical Transcriptionist - Orthopedics (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 6, 2015
Lots of changes being made. Elimination of older staff members and hiring of new people with little experience. Could be good if the people they hire want to LEARN to be great. I had an excellent experience there because the doctors treated us like family. They got too big, and they became hardened. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the great staff members I came in contact with daily in the routine of my job. They respected and liked me, and vice versa. With their growth became fear for your job, especially if you had been there 10-20 years. I was there 20 years, 1 week, and 3 days.
Ok place to work
Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAFebruary 8, 2015
I feel there is a lot of the silly high school stuff going on here. The management doesn't help much and there are favorites.
Very busy, great co-worker, out grew my position.
Lead Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf,IAFebruary 22, 2014
Ran reports, verified insurance, patient questions and answers check in-out, collections, medical staff and physican support. I learned insurance networks, verifications, COB issues, HMO and PPO general policies. Insurance company products. Leadership skills and roles. Co-workers supportive to get the job done. Hardest part of the job was working on days with not enough staff. The most enjoyable part was working with the physicians and the support and appreciation they showed.
working with the patients as they recover from injuries and surgery
Clinic nurse (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 12, 2013
preparing the person to see the physician, preparing injections and procedures for people
Pros
the staff and physicians
Cons
many phone messages to respond to
Enjoyed staff apprciation day.
Certified Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 27, 2012
Great co-workers and physicians!!

Great benefits and wonderful 401K.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ORA Orthopedics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8